- Product Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 5 inches ; 1 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 8.2 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- ASIN: B0049W6XRE
- Item model number: SEW110-BRK
- Average Customer Review: 317 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #9,952 in Sports & Outdoors (See Top 100 in Sports & Outdoors) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
Speedy Stitcher SEW110-BRK Sewing Awl Kit
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Category name: Everything else
- Country of origin: USA
- Brand name: Speedy Stitcher
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Includes: Speedy Stitcher Sewing awl, a bobbin wound with 14-yards of waxed coarse thread, 4 Needles - 2 straight and 2 curved, a 180-yard tube of additional waxed coarse thread, and Instruction guide. Ideal for Sewing any heavy material including: awnings, tents, upholstery, shoes, belts, sporting equipment, sails and mooring, auto tops, saddles and harnesses, handbags, and more. Boxed.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Legal DisclaimerThis product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I had a pair of ... well-loved ... work boots where the heels were splitting. I hated to toss them just for a split seam, so I picked up this stitching awl to see if I could give them a little bit more life.
The awl did exactly what it was meant to do - it punched heavy thread through heavy leather so I could run a stitch behind.
I have attached the before, during, and after shots. I used a double-needle technique, with a long curved needle on the inside to catch the loop left by the awl. It speeded up the process and allowed me to pull evenly on the stitches to keep them tight. And, since the boots were lined, I needed to open up a seam in the lining to keep the stitching between the lining and the boot and not have it go all the way through.
Cautionary note - this is super-sharp and with the kinds of force I needed to use, I did end up nicking myself a few times. But my fingers will heal and my boots are back and ready for a few more years of service!
A few suggestions;
1) Go to the company's website and look at the instructional videos.
2) This is different from regular sewing, so there is some learning involved. Find some thick scrap fabric (like an old pair of jeans) to practice on, before working on something that matters.
3) You can use this with regular thread, but it's easier to use with waxed thread.
This is a great tool for fixing heavy fabric. I recommend it without reservation.
some kind of rivet machine or ? Came across the awl set, and it seemed the best bet to try. It worked great, had a bit of trouble getting the hang of it
but there's a video you can watch that made it easier. I sewed the whole seam across, took about two hours, and looks like a pro did it. I highly recommend
Now I have a new hobby as well; success with the jacket was followed by sewing several pouches and more to come. Love it!!
Most recent customer reviews
Go with this model, comes with 4 needles so you can't miss.Read more