Phonics & Spelling Bingo Activities & Ideas Book, Basic Level, + 80 Nine-Item Sounds & Pictures Boards for Literacy, ESL, & Vocabulary Games
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Ease into literacy with 72 easy-to-identify visuals that compare essential sounds: 10 VOWELS in GAMES 1-4; 20 CONSONANTS in GAMES 5-8
- Ensure immediate, satisfying feedback on word recognition and pronunciation in PAIRS, SMALL GROUPS, and LARGE CLASSES—all WITHOUT additional equipment, preparation, or teacher correction
- FOLLOW RULES for traditional play; adapt BEST PRACTICES to players’ abilities, resources, and goals; use CREATIVE VARIATIONS to motivate, reinforce, and assess learning
- Provide a SYSTEMATIC FOUNDATION in the most common SOUND VS. SYMBOL PATTERNS of American English with reproducible word lists, phonics worksheets, mastery checks, answer keys
- ORDER full-color version and download as many times as you want. BONUS: Receive 2nd complete set of all games pre-printed in shades of black and gray on colored card stock, shrink-wrapped.
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
With Basic Phonics & Spelling Bingo Games 1-8, now even pre-literate readers and novice learners of any age can acquire sound discrimination and articulation skills naturally—through non-threatening learning experiences. Designed as pre-reading or ESL tools, each game is fun to play in different ways. It also provides an interactive opportunity to understand, say, read, spell, and use simple words in everyday communication.
At this first—and lowest—level, every individual Basic Bingo Board displays 9 large pictures: for reference, their names appear in Sound-Spelling Charts at the bottom. Each of eight 8 games contrasts different sounds: five “simple” or “short” vowels in Game 1; five “complex” or “long” vowels in Game 2; all ten of these vowels in Games 3 and 4; 18 consonants that begin words in Games 5 and 6; and 18 consonants that can end words in Games 7 and 8. For each of ten Bingo Boards A-J per game, the 9 items appear in random order. A page of larger “Caller Cards” with the same 9 images (+ words printed upside down) can be (copied and) cut apart. They are useful not only in classic Lotto and Bingo games but also in new kinds of listening, pronunciation, and vocabulary activities.
The 44-page Basic Phonics & Spelling Bingo Activities & Ideas Book contains reduced-sized images of Bingo Board A of all eight Games 1-8—with notes. There are suggested steps for preparation, game play, review, and reinforcement; a summary of pedagogical information; a reference word list; and “Mastery Checks” with answers.
There are also three other levels of difficulty: Beginning 978-0-9627878-6-7, Intermediate 978-0-9627878-7-4, Advanced 978-0-9627878-8-1.