Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

• Customer Reviews

Showing 1-10 of 58 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 67 reviews
on November 21, 2012
There are only 5 skin blister pads in the package, but they are worth the price. The package has an expiration date (a good 2-3 years before the date is reached), so I would not stock up, but buy as needed. You can keep one on for up to five days. You can wear your boots, gloves, or whatever over them with no pain. And best of all, the tops are clear allowing you to watch the blister healing. Also your skin isn't white and wrinkled as you might expect when you do remove them. I definitely will re-purchase these.
on January 22, 2013
I bought these to protect some blisters on my heels. I had previously used the Band-Aid brand bandages of the same size and shape. Band-Aid Brand Adhesive Bandages, Advanced Healing Blister Cushions, Multi-Day Protection, 6-Count Box I bought the Spenco brand because they cost less and I've been happy with Spenco products in the past.

After three uses, I'm going back to the Band-Aid brand. The Spenco Blister Pads just don't stay stuck. The adhesive isn't as agressive and the plastic backing isn't as compliant as on the Band-Aid brand product. This inability to stretch to conform leaves it wrinkled along the edges if you apply it to a surface that is curved in more than one dimension. In other words, it could be applied without wrinkling to a cylinder shape like your forearm, but not on a ellipsoid shape like your heel. I've replaced the Spenco bandage on my left heel three times while the Band-Aid bandage on my right heel is still in place. Just to make sure this is a fair review, the last time I replaced the Spenco bandage I cleaned the application area with 91% isopropyl alcohol. It still stayed stuck for only one 6 mile hike.

It looks like you get what you pay for.
on January 20, 2014
I can't say enough about how wonderful these work! I never expected it but hoped. Very pleased with these. I got blisters when I would x-country ski and within an hour I had to quit, every time. Moleskin didn't work, double socks didn't work, duct tape didn't work. The blisters came. But I could put the blister pads on over my blisters and ski the next day! (PS: Now I use 2nd Skin Adhesive Knit to prevent the blisters!)
on December 21, 2015
Work amazingly well on my frequently horrific silver dollar sized blisters. They stay in place, but, wonderfully, the gel does not stick and ruin the granulation tissue itself.

In the back country, or on endurance events, these are game changers.

Only down side is the amazing price: impressively expensive. Also, anyone with technical wound care knowledge will aggree: don't leave the same one on for 5 days even though the instructions say you can.
on December 31, 2012
Pricey but these are some of the best hydrocolloidal bandages out there. They really stay put, are flexble, and seal a wound very nicely. If only they contained silver to help w/ infection/scarring.

Do be very careful when applying. The clear part is quite likely to fold over and stick to itself, ruining the whole bandage.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon March 12, 2015
These help blisters heal faster and the pad provides cushioning so the blister is protected. I'm allergic to most adhesives in bandages, but have not had an issue with these. These last for ~1 day for me. I find that if my skin is very clean, they stick better/longer, so sometimes I even wipe the area with an alcohol pad to be sure there is no lotion to interfere with the adhesion. Highly recommended!!

Spenco also makes burn pads and Aquaheal pads, both of which have a hydrogel. I stock all of these products just in case.
on July 26, 2013
I get blisters constantly and the 2nd skin blister pads are the best that I've found, they stay on the longest of any I've tried, usually 2 - 3 days, well short of the 5 days it claims on the box, but still better than any other blister pad I've found. Also these are thicker than most of the blister pads I've tried so they are more comfortable while the blister is healing. The biggest downfall I've found with this product is it only comes in one size which is rather large so you can't use them on places like your toes.
on September 6, 2011
I am training for a 50-mile walk, and so I need blister protection that sticks above and beyond the rest. This was NOT the product. I might have rated it higher knowing that I am expecting more from a bandage in my case, but when I put them on the backs of my heals and walked around for a few minutes collecting socks and sneakers and getting ready to get those on, these still fell off in that time. I can't guarantee they won't work in a position that moves and scrunches less, but I would not recommend them as protection for the backs of your heels. They were extremely disappointing.
on September 29, 2011
I applied one of these patches after I got a blister while hiking. I still had to hike the next day and was worried about how my feet would hold up. While I did still have a larger blister at the end of the hike, I was able to hike with minimal pain from the blister until I could get home and doctor it. I would recommend however that you make sure the area is thoroughly dry before you try to apply the patch or it won't adhere. Once I learned that lesson, I had no problems getting the patch to adhere really well. For my next hike, I intend to apply one of these patches BEFORE I start so hopefully there will be no blister at all.
on October 8, 2016
Very helpful blister/pressure protection product. Would be improved if it secured to round/curved bony areas without extra tape; but even so, along with Spenco Adhesive Knit, almost unbeatable protection!