Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Sperry Top-Sider Women's Authentic Original 2-Eye Boat Shoe
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEM

on September 15, 2008
These shoes are very comfortable, however I would recommend wearing them around the house to stretch them out. Because they are leather I would also spray them before use. If you do happen to get a little dirt on them it is easily wiped off with damp cloth. They are boat shoes so if they do get wet, it's no big deal I just let them dry. Never put them in the washer or dryer. These shoes are generally worn wihtout socks and they do not have an odor if you do! I wear mine all the time for a causual or chic preppy look, they are very versatile and don't take up much room in your closet. The only suggestion I would make would be to make sure you tie the strings tight so they don't drag and get dirty. Also get a color that you can wear year round. I have had mine for over a year now and they still look brand new. The shoe does stretch a little so be aware of that. Overall though the shoe fits to size. I thought that these shoes would look manly on a woman but not at all. I love them and I know they will last me a long time. Amazon gave me a great price, they are a little expensive if you go to a department store and purchase them. If you just look around Amazon and search for the ones you want, you will be satisfied. They were delivered within a week with no complaints or hassles. If you are looking for a versatile comfortable shoe that can be worn year round, whether you own a boat or not I would highly recommend these to anyone. Especially college students for a gift. As a college student I wear mine almost everyday.
on March 23, 2014
First let me put out there that I am a lover of all things Sperry Top-Sider, I'm also brutally honest, so here goes:

These shoes are great for everyday wear -- they're comfortable (once you wear them in), casual (but not too casual) and come in many styles and colors. They are quite versatile and can be worn spring through fall. I especially love them for casual outdoor activities like biking and walking when sneakers aren't totally necessary. They are a more fashionable closed-toe option.

Here are some nuances you should know about:

- You will probably want to buy these a half a size smaller than your typical shoe size because they do stretch... they are supposed to. If you have wider feet you can get away with purchasing your normal shoe size.
- The inserts within the shoes only cover half of the inside of the shoe. After much wear, these can dislodge and fall out. They are easy to push back in, but can be annoying.
- Laces untie very easily when they are in a typical bow. I've found a nice trick is to tie them in spirals like this:[..] -- you can also just time them normally, just make sure to tie a tight knot.
- Look best without socks, but they begin to smell really quickly if you wear them barefoot. I've found that "no show socks" work great... make sure to buy ones that have heel grips though. Example: http://www.amazon.com/Angelina-No-Show-Cotton-Silicon-Non-slip/dp/B00D00J0US/ref=sr_1_6
- Try not to wear these in the rain, at least not before water-proofing them. Although they are boat shoes, they are still made out of leather and will get mis-shaped if they get too soggy.
- If you have small feet, check out the kids sizes... I wear a women's 6.5/7 and have been able to buy children's shoes from the boys section for half the price.
- If you wear your sperry's very often (as I do), you might find that they need replacing once a year. If you wear them sparingly, expect to keep them for a few years.

If you are deciding between Sperry's and other brands like Sebago, Clarks or Bass there are a few things to consider: price, quality and number of options. I find that Sperry and Sebago are similarly priced... Sperry is a little less inexpensive for the standard boat shoe, but not enough to make a huge difference. I also find that Sperry and Sebago have similar quality as well. Sebago's seem a bit wider to me so if you do have a wider foot, check them out. Sperry on the other hand seem to have a bit more of a selection when it comes to boat shoes... make sure though that if you look up Sebago, you take a look at their "docksides" which are equivalent to Sperry's "2-eye boat shoe."

Clark and Bass carry pretty typical boat shoes and do not have nearly as many options as either Sperry or Sebago. I have not owned either Clark or Bass so I can't speak to how comfortable or how durable they are.

Hopefully this helped -- good luck!
on December 20, 2012
These shoes fit exactly to size. They are very comfortable. I am writing this review a couple of years after purchase. Here is the amazing thing. After wearing them all summer in the midwest they became a bit shabby looking. I figured they were boat shoes, hence water tolerable. I threw them in the washing machine, dried them in the sun and they looked brand new. I have done this now three times. Every time they come out of the washer they look like I just purchased them. Their integrity and structure totally intact.
on March 14, 2014
I love my gold glitter Sperry Top-Spider shoes. They are very comfortable and I was able to wear them comfortably the very first time with no break-in, but there are a couple things that another purchaser may want to know...
I wear a U.S. women's size 10 shoe (extremely consistently)...I ordered a 10 in these shoes and they are a bit big...I could've gone with a 9.5, so i would recommend ordering a half size smaller than usual. Also...the "glitter" is not actually glitter. I was worried that it would be glitter because we all know how glitter can flake off and get all over everything, but it is actually tiny gold sequins which is very good. The only thing I do not like about the shoes are the soles...they are blindingly white - makes me feel like George on that episode of Seinfeld where he wears those basketball jumping shoes and starts talking in 3rd person like Jimmy. Anyway, I think the soles would be much better in a tan color or even black. I still love the shoes and I love their sparkle, but I'm looking forward to the white soles dulling a bit. Hope this review is helpful!
on January 19, 2016
I love my sperrys and I love the customer service for this item. The stitching started to come undone a bit in the front so I had to tie the strings together at one point... But amazon was super nice and replaced them immediately for me. The customer service really made this product great!
on May 17, 2015
I wore these for my wedding and they were a HUGE hit! Like any new sperry's they of course gave me blisters but they were worth it :)
review image
on July 27, 2014
I love Sperry Top Siders. These were good price, nice color. They are ALWAYS high quality. They asked how the product fit, best answer I was offered was fit as expected. I would have chosen excellent fit if that option had been available. And they hold up to getting wet, being worn when doing yard work, they look really good, feel really good, I love these shoes. Ordering another pair of Sperry Top-sider boat shoes when I get paid in a couple of days. My absolute favorite shoe brand.
on November 16, 2015
The fit is good, but the shoelaces on the top of my feet hurt. The bow tie part. I loosened it a lot and helped, but still leaves a red mark on my foot everytime. FYI--- I do not have fat feet either. LOL
on January 22, 2015
I was a little worried about the size of these when I first put them on. My toe barely touched when I walked and I was afraid they'd rub too much. I listed to the advice of others and stuck with them and I'm so glad they did. I wore them with socks for the first few ways to make sure there wasn't too much friction and now they fit perfectly. I've been wearing them regularly for a couple of months now and they're very comfortable. Keep in mind that if you need a lot of arch support, these might not be for you. On the other hand, I need fairly supportive shoes when running, but I have no problems walking around in these all day. Love them. As for the color, I got the green leather and it's perfect. I wanted something to go with brown and black and these work. They're not too dark, but definitely enough of a neutral tone that I wear them with lots of colors. I've never been a huge fan of Navy shoes, but I think these work almost everywhere navy would.
on June 24, 2014
I was happy to find this shoe at a price better than at Nordstrom Rack. These fit just like I recall my Sperrys fitting in the 80s. The pink soles are really fun without being too much. They are constructed well and were comfortable all day!

See 1 answered question