- File Size: 1619 KB
- Print Length: 253 pages
- Publication Date: April 15, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XYVMQXN
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#68,847 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #14 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Prejudice & Racism
- #18 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Prejudice
- #22 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Politics & Government
|Print List Price:||$9.99|
Save $7.00 (70%)
Sphere (YA Robot Cyberpunk) (Divergent meets iRobot) (EXOTIQA WORLD Book 3) Kindle Edition
|Length: 253 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.00
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
|Age Level: 12 - 18|
|Grade Level: 6 - 12|
- Similar books to Sphere (YA Robot Cyberpunk) (Divergent meets iRobot) (EXOTIQA WORLD Book 3)
See the Best Books of the Month
Want to know our Editors' picks for the best books of the month? Browse Best Books of the Month, featuring our favorite new books in more than a dozen categories.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Sphere continues the story about human, Fione and her life like Flexbot friends, Pix and Maci, as they try to survive in an ever changing world where the Flexbots are becoming more aware and conscious of their feelings and emotions. Due to some horrible events in Exotiqa, Fione is no longer truly human. Instead, she is part human, part Flexbot, which is known as Humanbot. Russell Wagner, the brains behind Flexbots and the proverbial evil genius of the book, has a nasty plan that basically would result in the end of humans and Humanbots running the world. There are a lot of twists and turns within the story and the reader never really knows who to trust or who may really be part of Russell’s evil plan. The novel is set in Canada which, for me, is quite nice but it’s also not a huge part of the book. It really could be set anywhere. Place names are only mentioned a few times.
One of the things I love about this book is how it pertains to issues being played out in the news right now in regard to racial issues. The differences between people, races being pitted against each other and different cultures trying to find ways to exist side by side are all explored in Sphere and would make for perfect reading for those in high school. The story is so entertaining that for a change students may actually want to read the required book for English class. At the end of Sphere, the author has also provided some thought provoking questions for discussion.
I always enjoy books written by M. Black and Sphere has been added to the list. She creates amazing and believable worlds even though they are set in the future. This is a must read for dystopian lovers, whether you are a young adult or a part of the older generation. Excellent!
Are humanbots more human than flexbots? What makes one human? Are robots a danger to humanity? The restrictions of the law and different groups demanding different things. Who's right and who will win? You should read both or at least one of the books to better understand what it is about.
I'm voluntarily reviewing an ARC of this title. I'm glad had the opportunity, it's great and I enjoyed reading it. This is a novel and a world you shouldn't miss.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Prejudice & Racism
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Prejudice & Racism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Growing Up & Facts of Life > Difficult Discussions > Prejudice & Racism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Politics & Government
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Social & Family Issues > Prejudice
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian