Sphero Mini Green: The App-Controlled Robot Ball
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Drive - Drive Mini several ways with the Sphero Mini app – Joystick, Tilt, Slingshot, or Face Drive.
- Face Drive - Face Drive is a hilarious new feature that uses your facial expressions to drive the ball.
- Gaming - Sphero Mini can be used with the app as a video game controller. Play 3 games with more updates on the way.
- Interchangeable Shells - Colorful, interchangeable shells allow you to switch one out to suit your mood.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- This toy is a small ball. Not for children under 3 yrs.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Children under 8 yrs. can choke or suffocate on uninflated or broken balloons. Adult supervision required. Keep uninflated balloons from children. Discard broken balloons at once.
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Driving. Gaming. Coding. Now fun-sized.
Little robot. Lotta fun. Sphero Mini fits a huge experience into a tiny robot the size of a ping pong ball. Aside from driving and addicting games, get the ball rolling just by using your face. Yes, you read that right. Face Drive is a crazy, first-of-its-kind feature that uses facial recognition technology to drive the ball. And thanks to the beauty of app updates, there's always more features on the way.
Packed with teeny tiny tech, Sphero Mini has a little gyroscope, accelerometer, and LED lights that glow in millions of colors. Colorful, interchangeable shells are available, so you can easily switch one out to suit your mood. Included with Sphero Mini are 3 mini traffic cones and 6 mini bowling pins to inspire some fun right out of the box. With almost an hour of play time, Sphero Mini is the next big thing.
- iOS & Android compatible
- Interchangeable, removable plastic shell
- Gyroscope & Accelerometer LED Lights
- Bluetooth connection (10 meter range)
- Micro USB charging (almost 1 hour of play on a full charge)
- Free App: Sphero Mini app available through iTunes or Google Play
- Height: 42mm / Width: 42mm / Weight 46g
Little robot. Lotta fun.
Smile, frown, tilt your head left and right, and get weird with it. See how Mini moves with your expressions.
Tilt your device. Pull back and Slingshot forward. Use the Joystick. Whatever you're in the mood for.
Use the ball as a controller to shoot through space, race through a tunnel, or destroy a polygon of bricks.
Sphero Mini packs tons of fun into a tiny, app-enabled robotic ball. Drive, play games, learn to code, and more.
Ultimate Lightning McQueen
Special Edition BB-8
SPRK+ and Lightning Lab
Sphero Mini, USB Charger, Set of Cones, Set of Bowling Pins
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
However, it simply does not perform.
Here is what happens.
1) Unbox. Quality looks good.
2) Open and charge Sphero mini. Good.
3) Install phone app. Good.
4) Connect to the sphero with phone app. Good.
5) Calibrate the sphero mini by orienting a LED to point at you. Good.
6) Drive the sphero mini in a given direction. Passable.
7) Drive the sphero mini in a different direction. You can hear the wheels spinning inside the shell as it tries to adjust. Lucky if it goes within 30 degrees of the intended direction.
8) Each successive change in direction is less and less accurate. After three direction changes, it is pretty much random.
Watching various video reviews would make you think that the reviewers are not good drivers. In fact, they think they are bad drivers. But in reality, the sphero mini is not a good direction follower.
The issue is the calibration (see step #5 above) does not last long. If you try to re-calibrate later, it is obvious that the LED is pointing in the wrong direction.
There is such a small point of contact between the sphero mini and the ground, that each direction change causes enough spinning that orientation is lost.
I have three requests:
1) Sphero could improve the sphero mini software by allowing an option where the calibration LED is always visible. The app would then have "steering" which allows you to change the direction the LED is pointing. And the app would also have a "forward/reverse slider" for speed control. This would remove the calibration issue and it would be much more controllable. Adding a "trim" to control max speed would be great too.
2) Sphero could improve the sphero hardware. Add a magnetometer so that once the LED orientation is set, the magnetometer can maintain it. This is a very common robot technique for orientation.
3) I challenge anyone to post a video of them driving the sphero mini two laps in a square pattern, four feet on a side.
But for now, I don't recommend.
Sphero mini is an evolutionary device for the whole family. The perfect size makes it easily transportable for on the go fun! From the fun of building courses and playing “hide and seek” possibilities are endless. It’s not only a toy but it’s a game! I love the different ways you can control it; tilt, slingshot, face drive, and much more! I have an original Sphere, too. this one is similar, but a whole lot different. Mini seems faster and quicker. Also, the LED inside Sphero-mini is cool. Sphero mini is a great product.
So my advice is to keep supporting this company because they are doing great things. I hope their price points remain affordable because these toys are still "toys"
If money is tight and you are considering your options then wait for 2.0 mini