The Spice Lab Finely Ground Pure Himalayan Salt, 2 pounds
- The best quality salts for your table
- Pure, hand-mined deep inside the pristine Himalayan mountains
- The darker the color the more minerals that are in the salt
- Each salt has a unique taste and tale
- The Spice Lab is pleased to bring you the best tasting and hard-to-find sea salts from around the world
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Size: 2 Pounds X-Fine
Sea Salt, Mild
The x-fine crystalls makes this pink salt excellent for cooking and rosting
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
This is excellent, rich, pink salt. It is ground very well, and is suitable for use as both kitchen and table salt. It has a nice flavor and works perfectly in all our recipes. If you plan to store it in a shaker, you want to add some uncooked rice in with it, or it will lump badly. It is very fine, so it absorbs all the moisture, without rice to help it.
We love the quality of this brand, and will buy more, and more. :)
But when the salt arrived - i was shocked. Its taste has nothing to do with Himalayan coarse salt I bought at Whole foods and BedBath & Beyond by some "upscale" brand, and loved so much..
It tastes just like regular Morton's "salt".
I have 4 salts at home, ranked here by taste:
1) hand collected sea salt from France from a friend's friend's own salt producing company (which is Extremely tasty, I swear, that's the salt you can eat like food, and I can be 100% percent sure it's a "real" salt since it comes from a known person. It's very smooth, gentle in your mouth and vibrant in taste at the same time)
2) expensive Himalayan coarse salt from Whole foods (which is pretty tasty too, but not as yummy as #1. Pretty smooth and gentle, and quite vibrant)
3) french Celtic salt from Whole foods (which is pretty decent two, but i use it only for soups. Kinda on a sharper edge, but still tasty.)
4) Morton's salt $1 or whatever price it is (horrible taste, i use it for baths only, not for eating. Sharp and chemical taste)
Alas, Spice Labs salt is 90% similar by its taste to Morton's :( :( :(
Very sharp taste with no personality, and pretty "chemical".
And it's not only my opinion - we made a whole degustation session with our friends.
So, sorry Spice Labs, but WE don't trust you :( ;( We have stuff to compare to, so we are pretty certain about this.
I wonder if it's just a regular salt but colored in pink. :( And all this hype about the product/brand is a pure "majority can't be wrong" confusion...
1. There is no salt in the Himalayas. All 'Himalayan' salt comes from the Salt Range in Pakistan, a completely different group of mountains, so to call this salt Himalayan is like saying I'm from LA when I really live in Colorado.
2. There are not 84 minerals in 'Himalayan' salt. I have had lab analysis that only indicate 13 minerals.
3. Not all salt from the Salt Range Mountains is food grade. Most is mined with metallic tools and ground with metallic grinders, and so it gets contaminated with nickel and other metals. Only a small percentage is stone ground.
4. The red color comes from a red algae that was prevalent in the oceans that dried up to create this salt.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Seems to be fine and good quality real pink salt. REAL SALT. Not this fake industrial crap they can't get rid of but by selling it to the masses. This is the real deal.Published 1 day ago by goinghome
You get a lot for what you pay. This is a healthier alternative to salt and tastes just as good as salt!Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
The product itself was just what was expected. The star count is because it arrived with a hole in the bag :-/Published 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
Excellent product, excellent service, quick delivery, with a little surprise thrown in. I highly recommend the pure quality of the Himalayan natural unprocessed salt and the... Read morePublished 3 days ago by LJHazy
I have to say it worked! I really liked drinking it. Very soothing and almost reminded me of a bouillion. Great for cooking but i will definitely recommend for headache curing.Published 4 days ago by Lydia Fusco
I've been getting my extended family hooked on this salt. It goes into practically everything I cook and eat--no more table salt. Read morePublished 4 days ago by GuidoFamily