Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spice Up Your Marriage: A 28-Day Adventure
Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Ingrid Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Back to School STEM

on May 28, 2014
As mentioned in the title, I am a man. Therefore, I apologize for the rough nature of my review.
My wife bought this as soon as Mrs. Lord hit "publish", and while I at first bemoaned the 2.99 (that's my coffee money, after all), I have to say that we're on day six and life has never been better!
It used to be that in the evenings, I would play a little sudoku or maybe a crossword puzzle, whittle a twig and smoke my pipe. Well I haven't got time for any of THAT now. As soon as dusk hits, my wife is ready for some homework!! As a considerate husband, I help finish all the assignments. Those crossword puzzles can do themselves from now on!
My wife is on fire, and it seems nothin is gonna stop the smoulder: we have 22 days left of this adventure! Best road trip I've ever been on. BUCKLE UP, folks. Those chili peppers on the book cover aren't just some little decoration. They're a foreshadowing of what's to come.
I sure hope there's gonna be a sequel to this book. Make it a 56 Day Adventure next time!
on May 27, 2014
As readers of her blog "Moxie Wife" know, Hallie Lord writes with compassion and commitment to loving and respecting life and love. This new e-book is no exception. Written in with the voice of a trusted friend or sister, Hallie gets to the core of why investing time and energy into your marital relationship ought to be a foremost priority, and how in intentional, yet simple ways, you can keep the spark alive without sacrificing the morality or dignity of either spouse. Moreover, she's found a way to do this among the chaos of raising six young children -- acknowledging honestly that it's not always rainbows and unicorns -- so the rest of us certainly can learn a thing or two from her!

As I indicated in comments on her blog directly, I also believe this book is compatible with those practicing NFP for the purposes of spacing. While many of the daily assignments focus on physical intimacy (directly or as the natural progression of things), other assignments focus on improving emotional intimacy and communication (perfect for days of planned abstinence). There are no hard-and-fast rules as to sticking to the 28 days in order with no lapse in between, so couples can use this guide as a starting point to tailor what works for them and when as they (re)invest themselves in the unique bond of marriage.

Hallie writes through the lens that marriage is the foundation that your family rests upon. And she is 100% right. That alone is reason to forget about laundry for tonight and give this book a read instead.
on May 22, 2014
Hallie does it again with her adorable and fun ideas for spicing up your marriage. Remembering the fun and restful days of early marriage and reconnecting with lifetime spouses in new and playful ways - what could be more fun than that? This book is tasteful and clean, suitable for the most shy to the most open. Like her blog, Moxie Wife, this cute easy read leaves the reader wanting more. One likely outcome to this great addition to the mom reading world is following the 28 day adventure will bring a plethora of beautiful new babies to ring in 2015, just in time for Hallie to bring us another book. We can hope, right? Great job, Moxie Wife.
on May 27, 2014
I've been reading Hallie's blog for several years now. Her post about spicing up your marriage without 50 Shades of Gray was one of my favorite posts of all times. I am so very thankful that she has expanded the ideas she started with there. This is a great book and so fun to read. She offers concrete advice without being obtrusive or condescending. I love that she has three different levels of ideas to try, so whatever your comfort level is, there is something for you.
on May 27, 2014
I sighed. I laughed. I had to tell my husband all about it! This little book is full of sweet and spicy ideas for your marriage. It offers so many ways to tell your husband you love him, often without saying a word. Each challenge is written with love at it's core. You don't have to worry about stumbling upon something that will rob either one of you of your dignity. It's just you, your prince charming, and even sweeter lovin'. Enjoy!
on May 24, 2014
I found the book to offer suggestions that were not overwhelmingly time consuming nor requiring too much prep time for a busy wife and mother to take advantage of. I love Hallie's delightful tone regarding her "enchanting small creatures" and how she writes so respectfully of her husband. This is real-life advice to build marital intimacy that increases joy and energy. Those are good things that benefit the entire family. United, joyful parents are what our children need most. In the midst of--sometimes grueling--daily life, it's easy to lose sight of the joy that marriage can bring us. This book helps refocus on the light-hearted, happiness that couples hoped for when they first got married.
on May 22, 2014
Spice Up Your Marriage is a quick, fun read filled with ideas on how to bring back romance to your marriage when the day to day routine may be zapping your mood. So many ideas were just great reminders of how to reconnect and remind you why you why you married your husband. This was a great book!
on May 29, 2014
Hallie Lord’s new e-book Spice Up Your Marriage turns up the heat. In a 28 day challenge, she offers tips and ideas that will rekindle low burning flames or ignite candles into torches. Yes, the book is mainly for women but it is only a man that can testify to its veracity. My wife and I have not completed the 28 days (yet), but I can tell, from Lord’s advice, that much of what she says is helpful.

There are the parts that only a woman may understand fully, like pampering yourself to help set the stage of romance, but the main theme of playfulness, spontaneity, and priority definitely speaks to husband and wife. Marital intercourse is sacred, but it is also creative and this small book gives you practical ways to be imaginative. Perhaps the wisest advice that I have heard – from many older loving couples and which Lord has found – is making love a priority within your marriage.

The book is divided into 28 day challenges. Each day has three varying degrees of romance. There is something here for those shy or timid and something for the more shall I say “experimental.” No, I am not talking about swinging from a trapeze. Lord, however, does give some fun ideas that I think couples would find enjoyable.

Some of the challenges include:

Pampering yourself
Bucket List of Foreplay
Sampling Aphrodisiacs
Sleep in New Spot
This little electronic book can also be used more than once and differing combinations. This allows couples to keep practicing and growing closer. As Catholics, we are well versed in the biology of marital intercourse: this book gives prescriptions for the union part of making love.

The 28 day challenge seems fun in itself and Lord goes a little further and even offers some practical ways to make more time for making love.

If you follow this text, then it should stretch your sexual life with the person you love the most, your spouse. If this book is not meant for you, the main idea is: Make sex a priority within your marriage.