Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. STEM $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on September 24, 2017
Two "classics" from the 50's. Earth VS The Spider is the better of the two as it's plot moves rather spryly. Lot of fun as a teenaged monster movie of its time. Superior, in my opinion, to the bigger budgeted, better-known "Tarantula". War Of The Colossal Beast features one of the more gruesome make-ups of the time (it's still a bit of a hair-raiser), but boils down to a threadbare and very typical giant-monster-on-the-loose plot that could just as easily have been an hour long film (there are approx 15 minutes of flashbacks to the previous Amazing Colossal Man, and still the film seems to drag). Loses points for the Colossal Beast's grating bellowing. And, like many of the cheapo giant monster flicks of the time, the monster's size differs from shot to shot!
on October 11, 2012
I first saw "Earth vs the Spider" as a child when my mother took my cousin and me to the movies. What possessed her to do so eludes me to this day. As a boy I was terrified. Now to see it again on DVD brought back many memories. The movie is not so scary now, I am 65, but it is just as much fun. For big bug movies from the 1950's this was not badly done at all. I have never seen the "War of the Colossal Beast." Maybe it would have helped to have seen the first movie since this was a sequel. Just for me the movie left me a little cold. I would not say it was bad, just not a lot to it. The four stars are from the first movie. I would give the second three.
The transfer was excellent, I played both through our Blue-Ray player and the video was very clear. The audio was great as well. If you like old sci fi movies from the 1950's as much as my wife and I do, I highly recommend this DVD. "Casablanca" they are not, but they are a lot of fun.
on September 21, 2017
Excellent DVD disc of two classic sci-fi movies. I remember these films on TV when I was a child. Quality of the prints is excellent. Love the two movie releases of classic films onto one disc. Would love to see these two classics out onto Blu-ray. Would buy from this company that had produced this disc again.
on July 21, 2011
That line about being "as big as a house" is the (word for word) radio ad I remember from 1958 when I was a kid! This DVD is a big web of fun!

The picture and sound quality are great, and "The Spider" is definitely one of the most enjoyable of the 50's sci-fi big bug blasts!

Yeah, gotta love the spider's scream of doom! Lots of familiar and enjoyable cast members...some of which are seen in "Giant From The Unknown", filmed at nearly the same moment!

Look for the somewhat varying scale of the spider's size from scene to scene! If he really is as big as the street scenes would suggest, could he really fit so easily in the auditorium? How'd they get him in? Retractable roof? Just one facet of fun for this flick! Also, look for in-story promotion of related sci-fi releases of the time! Highly Recommended! Just as brilliant in black and white and fun as you recall! Give it a whirl! (I haven't watched "War Of The Colossal Beast" yet...but I predict the picture and sound will be at the same high level as it's 8-legged disc-mate!) "Glenn....Glenn Manning!"
on February 19, 2013
Pretty darn good back to back monster movies by Bert I. Gordan who also did Empire of Ants, Food of the Gods, and The Begininng of the End. If your into these kinds of movies then it's a must buy for your collection because it's very cheap and worth it. The Spider is the better movie of the two and the Colossal Beast was alright (the monster wouldn't shut up lol). So yes I recommend this cheesey B-movie double feature.
on February 24, 2015
Earth VS.The Spider aka The Spider creeps me out to this day and I am in my fifties. I have a bit of an arachnid phobia but I love to watch the old classic Science Fiction movies about giant Arachnids terrorizing anything that moves.This one involves a giant cave,teenagers in high school, girls in their pony tails and a lot of corny action. The giant arachnid is scary! If you love the old classic monster features then this is for you. Also check out another black and white creature feature from a long time ago called Tarantula.
on August 28, 2017
Great Movies
on April 28, 2008
Earth vs The Spider is certainly worth the purchase price of this DVD alone.
Not in the same league as Universal's "Tarantula", but it is a well done B-movie for a monster movie. Highly recommended. War of the Colossal Beast is ok for what it is, but it is the sequel to a movie that you can't find on DVD, The Amazing Colossal Man. I'm not sure why they chose to release the sequel before the original, but if you didn't know about the original, you would be a little confused about this movie and you would ask questions about how this came to be as the movie picks up where the original leaves off. The movie itself is ok, but in the original at least the giant man talks, whereas in this one, he just grunts, screams and yells his way throughout the movie. Since he fell off a cliff or something in the first one, he is hideously scarred and ugly in this one, and his temperament is less than friendly, but you wouldn't know that without having seen the first one. Ok, but not essential for sci-fi buffs. The Spider is more worth it.
on June 25, 2017
this the same no problems from ordering to playing voice good picture good no skips good quality keep up good service please
on February 17, 2012
The movie"Earth vs. the Spider" was entertaining to watch. I like watching movies of this sort. There is no particular message. I guess you would call it a "guilty pleasure." The "War of the Colossal Beast" was just okay. I did not really care for the original movie and I know that actor was not the same as in the "Attack of the 70 Foot Man" In a way, the character is the "War of the Colossal Beast" is really a shadow of the original character and is extremely pathetic.