Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 37 reviews
VINE VOICEon November 11, 2014
I'm a big fan of graphic novels, and I only occasionally read story arc collections. I usually come away disappointed, feeling like the writing is too pedestrian, and that I don't have enough background on the characters or a stake in their future. However, I like to experience the classics and get a good sense of comics history. Even if I don't love them (Death of Superman, X-Men: Days of Future Past), I appreciate them in context.

Spider-Man: Death of the Stacys, however, I loved. The emotional resonance can still be felt, even with all that's happened for Spider-Man since this story originally came out. The art and writing is inspired, and there's a real sense of tragedy, of a past and a future that are forever colored by these events. I highly recommend this to anyone who is interested in the core comics stories, but also to people who appreciate a good read for any reason at all.
on April 20, 2014
Up until I bought this trade, I always thought Capt. Stacy's death wasn't all that important, and was mainly buying it for the (now classic) Death of Gwen Stacy arc. However, having read it, it has become apparent just how important it was. Not only was another father figure for Peter dying, but in true Spider-Man fashion, the blame fell on our poor webslinger, who now had to face crooked politicians, the chilling X-Man known as The Iceman, and even the love of his life: Gwen Stacy. Truly a challenging moment in Spidey's life, which could only be topped by what is widely considered to be the most important death in Peter's life, barring his Uncle Ben. From start to finish, this trade will deliver emotional blows that could take down the Hulk, as well as all the thrills and excitement of those (relatively) early days of the Spider-Man legend.
on July 26, 2017
Reading these comics gives me a new found appreciation of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie and the first Spider-Man. Such an amazing story and development.
on August 27, 2016
I loved this as a story and was definitely entertaining. But the book itself was slightly damaged and crumpled on the spine. The back cover had a wrinkle. I doubt the book was like this in the beginning which makes me think this is the fault of careless handling during the shipping process. Other than that, the book was great.
on November 10, 2014
Comic books are terrific. What I always detested, however, is how characters constantly die and then are resurrected. There are certain exceptions, such as Bucky, Jason Todd in the Red Hood film, Stephanie Brown, and even Norman Osborn. The reason the "Death of the Stacys" remains as powerful as when it first released is because these two characters have not been resurrected from their devastating deaths. The death of Gwen and George Stacy changed Peter and his world dramatically. Because I do not desire to analyze this collection of stories, I will simply state that this is a must buy for Spider-Man fans, die-hards and casuals. You will not be disappointed.
on May 14, 2013
As a rather new person to comic books, at first the writing of Stan Lee's Spider-Man threw me off. Every single sentence he said, even in thought, ended with an exclamation point! Spider-Man was so excited! There is a potato chip on the ground!!! However, if you can power through that, this story is really good. I now consider it a must read for all Spider-Man fans.
on April 23, 2017
Best Spider-Man Comic Book Ever!!!!!!
on July 15, 2015
Still powerful no matter how many times I read it. The death of the Stacey's is a great story, one of the best in comics. And may be one of the best and most significant spider-man stories ever put to panel.
on March 22, 2015
Nothing short of amazing. Obviously as a spidey fan I will always have a soft spot for the original animation. But the content and plotlines are thick and full of page turning action. Recommend this to any comic book fan new or old!
on May 23, 2013
As the title suggests, this book features the deaths of Captain Stacy and Gwen Stacy. The first story arc was written by the great Stan Lee, and the second story by Gerry Conway. What happened in these stories from the 70's still has an impact on Spider-Man comics today. J. Jonah Jameson, Doc Ock, Green Goblin, and Iceman of the X-Men all guest star.