+ $3.99 shipping
& FREE Shipping. Details
About the Product
- Not-So-Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man - A fusion of web-slinging and powerful combat moves combine to create an unbeatable, all-new fighting system that intuitively blends Spider-Man's speed and strength with the environment for deadly new attacks and combos
- Anything Goes - At a moment's notice, you can harness the grace, agility and acrobatics of Spider-Man Red Suit, or leverage the brute, savage power of the Black Suit. Switch suits at any time to create devastating never-before-seen combos and finishing moves
- The City That Never Sleeps - Teeming with life, the Big Apple is more alive than ever before in the Spider-Man series. Citizens will either cheer Spider-Man on or run away in fear, depending on your actions and decisions
- Increased city interactivity and destructibility allow you to pick up and use anything in your way as a weapon, destroy store fronts, demolish vehicles, and virtually obliterate city streets with powerful attacks
- With some of the greatest heroes and most notorious villains in the Marvel Universe, including staples such as Luke Cage and Vulture, your choices control who will ultimately aid you in the fight to rid New York of the alien symbiote
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The voice acting of the various characters you meet is surperb! In my opinion, it's what really sets this game apart from other Spiderman games. Even if there wasn't the black/red suit paths to take I would still want to play through this game again just to hear the excellent voice work. Spiderman's wise-cracks when he's fighting enemies is also very memorable. I'd get kind of tense during some of the boss battles, but then Spiderman would make some kind of taunt/insult at the enemy and I just couldn't help from laughing!
The control scheme is pretty well put together. You are introduced to different moves while you are playing the game, so it doesn't feel like you have to go through a structured tutorial. As you progress through the game, you "buy" new moves and powers by upgrading your basic abilities with the experience you've earned from defeating enemies and accomplishing missions. The upgrade method is implemented very well. You don't have to think too much about it, and you are shown a short "demo clip" of what the move does before you upgrade/purchase it.
There are some minor problems with the game though which kept me from giving it 5 stars overall. It's very "console-y".Read more ›
After some time I felt like giving this another chance. Things went better this time, so I'm guessing I had bad luck the first time -- however, both installs ran on the very same hardware (same DVD drive, not a jumper moved out of place) and same Windows 7 installation, so I'm still blaming the game for the glitches, and I still think it needed more polish before hitting the shelves. Polygons were still flashing through one another, New York still appeared boxy and lifeless, and the timing of the whole fading to/from black thing in cutscenes was still a little off, but I could play, dang it.
In fact, I actually managed to enjoy myself this time: it IS fun to be Spider-Man, to web-swing at full speed between the skyscrapers and use the many moves available (the red and black suits have each their own unique attacks) to punish your enemies. It DOES get somewhat repetitive, and the story is minimal, but the core game mechanics do work.
The black suit has always been my FAVORITE. In all of the past games most didn't even have the ability to use the black suit, and when they did it was really hard to get, or didn't really do anything special, and you were always kind of pushed to NOT use it... which was a terrible shame.
This game lets you use the black suit ALL the time and you can switch it on or off at any moment without even going into a menu, the way it should be! The black suit looks awesome, and has entirely different abilities when you're using it. You can switch between red and black between combos even if you like to get that crazy.
The battle mechanics have been completely enhanced. You can pull yourself into any enemy with your web non-stop in a beautiful display of aerial acrobatics as you lay waste to your foes in any plain you chose to fight on. The ground, the walls, or in the sky. All 3 are equally entertaining and provide so many dynamics that the fighting is only boring if you're choosing to make it that way by being repetitive.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Don't buy if you have Windows 10, it doesn't seem to work with the OS.Published 19 days ago by Amazon Customer
The game doesn't work to well, even on my rig which is fairly powerfulPublished 3 months ago by johnny castro
Spider-Man Web of Shadows for PC is Amazing as Heck!! and this is my All-Time Favorite game since I Had on the Nintendo Wii in 2nd Grade, and I love the Storyline it's Well Written... Read morePublished 10 months ago by Miles Robinson
It didn't work with Windows 7. You need Vista, but it is a good game. We have the same exact game for Xbox360. The one for PS2 is different.Published 10 months ago by harp72
One of my favorite spider-man games. My personal favorite of the open-world GTA-style spideys. Spider-man's voice actor is very annoying but if you can move past that you'll find a... Read morePublished 15 months ago by Trevor Gooch