Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon victoriaS2 victoriaS2 victoriaS2  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Paperwhite Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-7 now available on Blu-ray and DVD Shop now TG18PP_gno

on September 16, 2003
This movie was great. The fight sequences were good. Everything in this movie was great. I really enjoyed watching Spiderman. I can't wait 'til the second one. Especially the ending was good. The special effects were great. The music was good and the script was good. The fighting in the middle of the movie was the best of the fighting sequences, and it was the best fighting sequences I saw.
on December 13, 2002
The movie was excellent, but that's not really the point. Not only is this DVD encoded with RCE (Regional Coding Enhancement, which means it *WON'T* run on many zone-free dvd players), but the bonuses are not very interesting (among others, where is the deleted scene with the twin towers ? Ah well...)
All in all, the movie is still great but the DVD is ..., so that averages at 3 stars in my book.
on October 23, 2002
...Spider-Man is a much better movie than any of Batman, Superman or X-men. This movie actually makes you care for its characters, something which was largely missing in those other three movies. Sometimes, the movie is so emotionally involving that it's almost as if it ISN'T a comic-book movie. This movie isn't about some grand world statement between good and evil, like in X-men. It isn't about show-off villians hamming it up, like in the Batman series. And it isn't even necessarily about making you believe a superhero can swing or fly, like in Superman. It's about the man behind the mask, the awkward Peter Parker, played perfectly by Tobey McGuire. His director, Sam Raimi, also deserves some applause for playing this movie so straight. It's so sincere and genuine, it's almost as if Capra directed it. CGI and chorographed action sequences eventually age and look lame after some time, but good character development and emotional involvement is timeless. Which is what makes this the best comic-book movie ever.
on May 5, 2002
Well i have been a spiderman fan for years, and when i heard the news last year about a movie in producion, i was excited.. but most of all , worried. the last thing we needed was another x-men. but sam raimi did it... he put his great directing, with great actors to bring us a amazing movie on the best comic series ever... everyone go see it right away! i already own a bootleg... cripes, im obsessed.
on August 15, 2002
Spider-man is the the best comic book inspired movie yet! I watched it over and over again in theaters and i still cant get enough of it! I have been a comic book fan for about 5 to 6 years and i normaly think making a movie about a comic ruins the whole story, but i found both the spider-man and x-men movies were awesome! And im totaly going to buy spider-man when it hits stores! I may only be 11 but take my word, the spider-man movie is a must!!!
on October 24, 2003
good old fashioned comic book brought to life with Tobey Maguire, key as Peter Parker, but it sorta thins out in areas. Willem Dafoe, James Franco, Kirsten Dunst, Cliff Robertson, Rosemary Harris, J.K. Simmons, Gerry Becker, Bill Nunn, Bruce Campbell, Jayce Bartok, Lucy Lawless, Macy Gray and Stan Lee, the man himself appears, Lee also was in the movie Mallrats, you can see him in Daredevil and The Hulk as well with Lou Ferrigno. a must see for fans though
VINE VOICEon December 24, 2002
Great Special Effects, Great extras, and a pretty good plot. Very enjoyable overall.
on May 26, 2002
Usually, I'm open to movies, and I'm far fromt picky about what I'll go to see, or what I'll be dragged off to have to see. But this movie was very disappointing. I've never been a Spiderman fan, but I've never been a Batman and Superman fan either, and I like most of those movies. I guess the reason I don't like this one is that it takes the word 'corny' to a faraway demention. Oh yes, it has some touching moments, and some funny ones. The kissing scene between McGuire and Dunst has become pretty popular, and it will continue to be famous. Willem Dafoe is creepy enough, but then again he's always creepy.
So, to conlcude, it was good, but it just wasn't THAT good.
on September 7, 2002
The comic book was okay. This brings it up 5 notches! The screenplay was perfect. The special effects- awesome. Whoever said that this movie is garbage should jump in a Dumpster! Well i can go on for hours about this, so I'll see you in other articles!! By the way, the exoskeleton costume of the Green Goblin doesn't look like something from Power Rangers! Power Rangers are stupid! This movie isn't.
on January 2, 2003
My daughters and I bought this for my husband. But it has turned into my 3 year old daughters movie. She loves it, she stays glued to the screen and really gets into it. The bad thing is that she has started trying to climb walls, and has informed us she is spiderman.