Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(Verified Purchases). See both reviews
TOP 500 REVIEWERon February 27, 2014
Gosh, when I think back to all of the times when - as a working mom - I could barely muster the energy at the end of the day to share a bedtime story with my sons, I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity to babysit for my grandsons and be able to devote so much more time toward encouraging their interest in reading! My older grandson was in the throngs of his "all-Spidey-all-of-the-time" phase when I came across a wonderful boxed set of a dozen 12 page I Can Read Spider-Man Phonics books - he was just shy of 4 and the growing interest he'd already been displaying in reading on his own (with a bit of help) was certainly peaked by them. He gobbled them up in short order, and very enthusiastically moved on to the Level 2 books! I've found that the 32 page format seems just the right length... covers a more complex story line than the Phonics books, but he didn't get flustered by "too much-too soon" syndrome. Simple text with large print and wide spacing, but longer sentences and more challenging words here and there. The characters appearing in this book are Peter Parker (Spider-Man), his friend Liz, and his old foe "The Scorpion" who's back with a stronger tail, and whom Peter has to do battle with on his way to meet Liz at the library. (He - of course! - yanks off the tail which is the source of Scorpion's powers, and saves the day!)

In case you're interested, the other books I was able to find in this series were "Spider-Man versus Electro", "Spider-Man versus The Lizard", "Spider-Man versus The Vulture", "Spider-Man versus The Green Goblin", "Spider-Man versus Hydro-Man", "Spider-Man versus Venom", and "Spider-Man versus Kraven". These adventure stories are a fun way to help encourage a youngster's interest in reading!
on January 18, 2011
My nephew was so excited to get this book and many more of them for xmas! He said it was one of the best xmas presents ever.