Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Ski Trip Essentials nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon startrek startrek startrek  Echo Dot Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite The Evil Within 2 Shop now

on August 18, 2012
So I went from the Cameraslinger straps then to the Black Rapid dual strap, and now to the spider holster. I am currently using the Spider Holster and Black Rapid strap. The Spider Holster is definitely the best out of the three for me. It is comfortable. I've had more bumps with the straps than I do with the holster. The holster also feels much more secure. The thing I didn't like about the straps was that it was a pain to take off when I was in a hurry.

I am thinking about buying the dual Spider Holster and getting rid of the straps altogether. It is expensive but I'm going to say it's totally worth it.
on October 1, 2017
So after several outings with this unit I am in love with it. The early model had issues and were all recalled. Caution if purchasing a used one but the unit I received from Amazon is excellent. Works very well. Comfortable on the hip and no weight on the shoulders. Very well make and trust my 5D Mk4 with battery grip and L bracket on it. Love the easy to use single hand locking mechanism with the option to have it Auto Lock or not lock at all. Well thought out, well make. Highly recommended.

This was a pleasure to work with during shoots. Leaves your hands and your neck free to move lights and modifiers and work with your client or model. Camera does not get in the way like a sling or shoulder strap. No more neck stress!!!

Better than ANY strap, better than several of the Sling Straps and better than the Cotton Carriers I have used and tried. After a short time you can clip the camera to the strap blind and with one hand. So easy to use!!!
on December 20, 2012
This thing really makes carrying my big DSLR around very easy. I used it on a few jobs and it worked flawlessly. But the real test for me was when I was able to take it out with my 3 kids. I was able to bring my big camera out with them and it did not get in the way of wrangling my 3 little ones (ages 6,4,and 2) It felt like a natural part of me that I did not have to worry about hitting the kids with, or feel awkward handling it when I was taking it out to take pictures.
on June 9, 2016
Honestly I'm not sure how I shot for so long before finding this. I love it. I started with just the Black widow, the holster and pin that goes on my belt, Then upgraded the pin to the full plate... Then decided to go with the whole belt system... Save yourself time and money your gonna love it. Just start here. :D
on April 19, 2015
I've owned this for about 3 months. I've travelled internationally with it, and absolutely love it. I've had the Black Rapid R-Strap forever, and still keep it...just at the bottom of my camera bag now.
This holster is so comfortable to use for long periods. The longest I've worn it is about 6 hours straight. In and out of cars, restaurants, shopping. Loved it!
It's a little awkward at first to reach across to unlock the system, but I feel so much better about the lock. And the comfort!!
I've just purchased the Peak Design Cuff as I don't like using straps any more.
I forgot my holster on a trip to Australia, and had to Chewbacca it up with my camera bag and R-Strap.
I've used this with Canon 1D MkIII w/ 24-105 f/4L IS
on September 25, 2017
My Spider Pro Camera System works very well. I put my sigma 50-500 lens on a Nikon d610 and had no issues at all. The camera felt balanced while in the holder and gave me another excellent way to carry my heavy load. Everything seems to be built very well and I feel that the load I put on it did not stress the unit in anyway!
on September 27, 2015
I was skeptical about the Spider holster because I've always been a sling strap photographer. I have two Carry Speed straps (FS-Pro and CS-Pro) and always have both my Canon bodies hanging off my sides while shooting weddings. Despite the cushioned pads, one thing is true, back and shoulder pains are always certain at the end of the night and the overall discomfort is no fun to deal with the next day. I have to say, I LOVE the Spider Pro holster and should've probably picked up the dual-belt from the beginning! It's extremely comfortable and convenient - allows for safe hook-up and keeps the body out of the way. The belt is adjustable and very secure, it's lightweight and you almost don't feel the camera there. Additionally, it works well with the Carry Speed F1 folding mounting plates (which I LOVE because you can sit your camera flat in your bag and mount onto a tripod with ease!!). All in all, I'm VERY satisfied with the purchase and would highly recommend it to anyone who's serious about comfort, accessibility and safety of their gears. Right now, I'm using a Spider Pro holster / CS Pro strap combo until I can get the dual belt! :)
on June 28, 2015
After way too much time with strapped cameras bouncing on my chest, and after slings that never have the camera where I want it, and after several gizmos that promised to store my camera where I wanted it in the waist area, the Spider Pro is, I think, my final solution. The belt is comfortable and the holster provides easy **one-hand** placement and removal of the camera. Another device I tried worked but always required two hands and a patient aim to get tab A into slot B. This is an easy one-handed, secure solution for carrying the camera.
on April 19, 2014
Have only taken this on one camping/hiking trip but so far it seems to be what I have been looking for.

I have a Nikon D5100 with several different lenses but I usually carry the AF-S 28-300 and an SB700 flash. I also have a knock off battery grip the brand of which eludes me. Most of the components are fairly light except for the lens which has some heft to it. I originally used a Black Rapid sling but switched to a Joby sling because I liked the adjustability. While I liked the carry position and ease of access of both slings, I didn't like the fact that my camera bounced around unless I had my hand on it. I also didn't like how the seam of my pants would flip the 28mm lock or the VR and Focus switches on my lens. I also found that even with my relatively light setup my shoulders were getting pretty tired after a couple of hours. What really did it for me though, was a recent trip to the zoo with my son. I was wearing a small backpack and ended up struggling to get the sling around/over/untangled from the backpack the entire time.

The Spider Pro holds the camera very securely without me having to devote my right hand to keeping it from bouncing around. The pad on the belt also protects the switches on my lens. I went on several short (mile or so) hikes over some fairly difficult terrain and forgot the camera was there most of the time. In fact I was able to use my two hiking sticks without issue. I've found that it is reasonably quick to deploy the camera after I practiced a little. I think the slings will always have the edge in this regard however with a little more practice I might be able to close the gap. Also, the fatigue issue is gone and while we were hiking I was wearing the same backpack as I was at the zoo and did not have to struggle with it.

All in all incredibly happy with this purchase. I was getting pretty frustrated at having to constantly keep my hand on my camera when walking around and this has definitely solved that. The overall quality of the Spider Pro is top notch as well. The components have a reassuringly solid feel to them. Highly recommended.
on December 11, 2017
This felt pretty weird and unbalanced when I first put it on... now I wouldn't give it up for a neck strap ever! No more headaches from neck stiffness the day after a long shoot! My only concern was the camera not being attached by any kind of safety strap when shooting, especially when photographing down on a baby. I purchased a nice neoprene wrist strap that I can easily slip in and out of, so it stays on my wrist even when the camera is in the holster, unless I need two hands for adjusting lighting gear, etc. Seemed a little pricey for what it is, but absolutely worth every penny!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.