Amazon Vehicles Beauty Trade in your textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 39 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 40 reviews
on August 25, 2015
I have one and only one complaint that keeps me from giving this item 5 stars. The mfr provides a 1/8" hex key that stores in the plate (nice touch!) and which is used to attach and detach the pin to the plate and the plate to your camera. The hex key metal is soft and because the hex slot on the screw is shallow, it's really easy to round the key off. I did that on the first try because I didn't expect the key to slip so easily. I bought a high quality hex key at the hardware store and now I'm very happy.
on June 9, 2016
I purchased this mount to supplement the SpiderHolster kit I already had. The main downfall of the original holster was the need to remove the pin from the tripod mount hole to attach a tripod. This plate fixes that problem. I currently have the plate mounted on a Nikon D7200 with a Manfrotto quick release tripod mount with no issues.

Does the plate add bulk, yes, about 3/4" on the tripod mount side and 1" on the pin side. Does the whole setup look dorky when you use it? Yes as well. But the flip side is that the holster system does exactly what it is supposed to do, and does it well. I use my camera in environments were lots of moving around, crouching, climbing and transitions from tripod to handhold are necessary, this system makes all of this easy to do while keeping your hands available and eliminates your camera from flopping around on a neck strap.

Overall I would highly recommend this product to anyone who has similar needs with their camera(s).
on September 23, 2015
This does not allow a Manfrotto 501 rapid connect sliding plate to mate with the Manfrotto 577 Rapid connect adaptor unless you mount the sliding plate on a slight angle. When on a slight angle you loose the ability to evenly tilt your camera. However, I've overcome this little engineering flaw by fabricating 1"x3"x.225" aluminum plate that screws to the spider allowing me to move the camera's sliding plate over an extra inch allowing the pin to clear the Rapid connect adaptor. Now I can switch from shooting hand held stills to mounting the camera to my fluid head tripod for shooting video. The Spider was close, but off by a massive 1". In engineering terms, dat be a lot.
So I gave it 3 stars.
on April 15, 2017
Own a Spider Pro and use more than one camera?

You need this. Simple as that.

Well made, easy to use and reliable.
on October 5, 2014
The Spider system is a back saver. I have the dual holster system for two Nikon DSLRs, and have several LowePro lens cases and pouches attached to the belt. I carry 2-3 lenses, and spare batteries/cards in the cases. I am much more maneuverable than I was carrying the bog LowePro bag.

Yes, it looks completely geeky, but when you grab a camera body and lens up, the thought bubble above the other photographers is: "Where did that come from," followed by ,"I wonder if I can try it out."

The snap on the belt is very secure. It uses a central unlock button in addition to the two side clips, and has held up (pardon the pun) very nicely for several years of hiking and touring.

Your back, shoulders, and neck will thank you for using this!
on August 31, 2015
I have been drooling over the Spider Holster products for over 7 years and I finally bought the spider plate for my hand strap, and eventually so I can get the belt holster. This set up is a fantastic product for professional photographers. It is not for somebody who is just an everyday or momographer. This product is a set up for a professional camera setup to keep your camera on hand and get rid of the camera strap.

I got this plate specially for wedding photography so I can have a great set up without the worry of my camera(s) falling or putting them anywhere unsafe during the shoot.
on August 17, 2016
I've tried a couple other alternatives and this one is definitely the best. The spring-loaded hex wrench is great because it doesn't get lost. The main post is super simple to take off and on, but stays very secure. The configuration combinations are great as I used a holster post on one side, and a hand strap post on one of the center ones, and still have 2 available to use for other needs. Pretty slim profile, and feels absolutely solid.
on June 9, 2016
Honestly I'm not sure how I've shot for as long as I have without having this accessory on my camera. I LOVE it! and it never comes off my camera!! And the nice thing, you leave this on your camera, and you COULD put a tripod mount next to the pin :D the holes tend to be a bit tight at least on mine, but i screwed the pin into each hole with the allen key and that broke up the coating lining the threads, so now everything screws into place very cleanly :D
on September 17, 2016
Of all the accessories, I've ever purchased, this is the most durable, I've ever had the pleasure of using. I wish everything was manufactured like the Spider-Holster equipment. Also, the service is second-to-none. I had to send my whole belt in, because I screwed it up, and they fixed it, at no charge. I tell all of my fellow photographers, about this company.
on April 30, 2014
You need this plate to use the SpiderHolster. While I only use the holster on long hikes to take the weight off my shoulders, the plate is another story. It allows me to use a BlackRapid shoulder harness in combination with the SpiderHolster (or not) AND have my tripod quick mount plates on my camera all at the same time.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.