Spider's Dance - The Director's Cut Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
Nicholas White is at the top of a profession not many of us are familiar with but through his POV, we follow his journey from finding a dead colleague to bigger events that require his unique skills and experience.
Even though this modern day hero is surrounded by technology, he hasn't lost his humanity and lucky for the reader, his humor is still well intact.
Through it all, he never loses his passion for his work and because of an intelligent, easy on the eyes investigator, he finds a reason to fight his solitude.
It isn't easy to weave a backstory that shapes who the character is and is intriguing enough to stay invested without losing the pace of the story; Mr. Graham gets this right.
This story touches on all the elements we love; a good mystery with international intrigue, ties to historical events, greed and a little bit of romance.
This author doesn't shy away from a realistic tone.
There are moments worthy of a good fist-bump and others that will shatter your heart.
The writing is flawless and the story, riveting until the end.
As the mystery unravels piece by piece, you'll get more and more involved. Subtle twists will have you guessing wrong every time and then as the truths are revealed, you say, "Oh sure. I should have seen that."
I don't want to reveal more about the plot because it's so much fun to read. It would be a crime to give it away. I'm convinced only a cyber-investigator who has lived and worked with the FBI could have written something so true to that lifestyle.
You'll love the laugh out loud inner thoughts of the usually silent and taciturn Nicolas White that are often contradictory to his speech.
This is the best thriller I've read all year.
I sat down to read Spider's Dance as the back cover sounded so intriguing. So many seemingly inconsequential events all adding up to the big finale seemed like a tall order. Was I ever wrong. In this smartly executed book, Author Graham weaves an interestingly tale about a man who oversees computer security for an energy conglomerate. After a murder in the corporate office, Nicholas White is overwhelmed when the corporate server room is bombed. The incidents do not appear to be related, but still, White's computer forensics background has him nervous and when an Interpol agent appears to question him, he realizes something big is happening.
What follows is a tightly wound tale of corporate manipulation, a massive ecological disaster in the Gulf of Mexico, and other events in which the intrepid hero and his agent girlfriend find themselves entangled. Graham weaves the pieces of this mystery together in masterful way without overusing redundant scenes or dialogue. What follows is a richly penned story of murder and intrigue that leave the reader satisfied and hoping to see more of White in future novels.
1. The pleasure of immersing into a entertaining world the author created, where I don't feel like I have to suspend belief too much, because it is apparent the author has researched the subject matter, but not in a way that you're hit over the head with the research---it flows naturally.
2. Appreciating how the author has weaved real life events into a fictional setting, with dynamic characters and events.
3. Well-developed characters from the main protagonist to secondary characters who possess flaws, a great sense of humor and are able to dialogue with intelligence and wit.
4. Action, intrigue, suspense—and lots of it, with a mystery, grabbing me from the first page, and not letting go until the last page.
5. A unique plot with elements and twists and when the book ends, I was not only entertained, but have gained more insight into a world and events I was unfamiliar with.
6. If there’s a love story weaved into the plot, bonus.
Author Will Graham has done all of the above and more in SPIDER’S DANCE.
Humorous deep point of view from the main character, combined with a grave, suspenseful plot gives the book a good balance between moments you’ll laugh, and edge of your seat thrills.
SPIDER’S DANCE is well executed and well-paced book, allowing the reader to get emotionally invested in wanting to unravel the mystery along with the characters.
I look forward to reading more from Will Graham.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
1. Realistically written.Read more
You are in for a treat. This superbly researched suspense novel has a wide spectrum of complex characters, has a multi-layered yet coherent plot and is...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Suspense
- Books > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers & Suspense > Technothrillers
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thrillers > Technothrillers