- Save 25% on this item when you purchase 1 or more iPhone 7 Plus Tempered Glass offered by Spigen Inc. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on iPhone 8 Plus Tempered Glass Screen Protector when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Spigen Inc. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on iPhone 7 Plus Tempered Glass Screen Protector when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Spigen Inc. Here's how (restrictions apply)
- Save 20% on Spigen Kuel QS11 Magnetic Air Vent Phone Mount when you purchase 1 or more Qualifying items offered by Spigen Inc. Enter code 6DX3D7AN at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Spigen Ultra Hybrid [2nd Generation] iPhone 7 Plus Case/iPhone 8 Plus Case with Clear Backing and Air Cushion Technology for iPhone 7 Plus (2016)/iPhone 8 Plus (2017) - Black
Get free shipping
Free 5-8 business-day shipping within the U.S. when you order $25 of eligible items sold or fulfilled by Amazon.
Or get 4-5 business-day shipping on this item for $5.99. (Prices may vary for AK and HI.)Learn more about free shipping
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Clear hard PC case and TPU bumper offer grip and a slim profile
- Wireless Charging Compatible for iPhone 8 Plus (2017)
- Raised lips ensures extra protection of screen and camera
- Mil-Grade Protection with Air-Cushion Technology for all corners
- iPhone 7 Plus Case / iPhone 8 Plus Case Compatible with iPhone 7 Plus (2016) / iPhone 8 Plus (2017)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Spigen Apple iPhone 8 Plus Case / iPhone 7 Plus Case
Spigen Ultra Hybrid 2nd Generation is ideal for minimal enthusiasts that still value protection. Ultra Hybrid 2nd Generation is an ideal iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone 8 Plus Clear Case for showing off your new iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone 7 Plus through its crystal clear TPU while also promising protection with Air Cushion Technology and bumper protection. Raised lips are strategically placed behind every corner to ensure camera and back protection. Ultra Hybrid 2nd Generation is available in five different colors: Crystal Clear, Rose Crystal, Black, Mint, and Red.
- Updated version of the original Ultra Hybrid.
- Raised rear guards are strategically placed behind every corner to ensure camera and back protection.
- Crystal clear construction flaunts phone’s original design.
- PC back provides long-lasting clarity that does not turn yellow overtime.
- Transparency also allows your personality to show through.
- Raised lips ensures extra protection of screen and camera.
- Mil-Grade Protection with Air-Cushion Technology for all corners.
- Ideal iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone 7 Plus Case for iPhone 8 Plus / iPhone 7 Plus Clear.
- iPhone 8 Plus Case / iPhone 7 Plus Case Compatible with iPhone 8 Plus (2017) / iPhone 7 Plus (2016)
Compare with similar items
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Crystal clear case made of firm, but pliable plastic. The phone fits snugly, but can be taken out without a lot of effort. The power and volume buttons are covered, but easily pressed, and the mute switch is recessed but still accessible. The front lip is slightly raised which provides for some protection against forward facing drops.
What branding/writing there is on the case is small, and written or engraved on the sides and top in a way that doesn't distract.
If you want an inexpensive case that provides protection and shows off your phone without being cluttered with distracting branding/logos or adding a lot of bulk, then this is the case for you.
There are a few pluses and minuses that I found out. First, the dimensions are slightly off for the iPhone 8 Plus vs. the iPhone 7 Plus. Spigen, like many other companies, declined to make new cases and instead use old ones from the earlier 7 Plus model. It makes sense, right? Well...not so much. The lightning port space is slightly off and so are the speaker grills. Ok, cool. Not a big deal. The different specs mean it’s all but impossible to take off once you get it on the phone. That I don’t like...and also relates to my next issue. Why on earth are there tiny “air” holes at the bottom of the case? Does it really make that much of a difference when the phone is dropped? It makes the back of the phone a literal dust magnet. It wouldn’t be as big of a deal but as stated before, it’s practically impossible to take the thing off.
Now for the good. I can fully confirm that wireless charging in fact does work with this case on, thank goodness. I used a Samsung Qi charger and it started up fine with no issues. Another good thing, you know you’re getting good protection from drops without compromising too much on additional weight or bulk. The “grippiness” on the sides helps a lot.
Overall, a worthy case...but I certainly hope Spigen will actually re-design this case to fully fit the iPhone 8 Plus specs, instead of just re-using old iPhone 7 Plus cases.
Until then, I’ll continue to use it, but if I find another, better fitting slim case for my iPhone 8 Plus, I’ll buy it, even if it’s from another brand. I couldn’t say that before.
Some concerns: The back panel is slippery and is easy to get scratches (although this is expected.).
Also to preserve the clarity of the back, the case has no shock absoption layer on the inner side of the back panel. To the look of the case, it is a plus, but for protection purpose, this is a little minus.
( After receiving and using the case for couple days, I suddenly remember that the iphone 8's back is all glass. There is a need for a full size shock absorbent layer bulit in to the back panel of the case to truely prevent cracking the glass back in case of impact or drop on the back. Indeed, this is a concern to me.)
The 4 rubber sides act as side cushion for drops and provide acceptable degree of frictions to make the grip reasonably confident. but I still feel it's a little on the slippery side after everyday uses.
Overall it is a good slim profile case. 3.8 stars amd I recommend it with some reservations about the protection level this case can provide.