LG V10 Case, Spigen [Rugged Armor] Resilient [Black] Rugged Armor Ultimate protection and rugged design with matte finish for LG V10 (2015) - Black (SGP11813)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
|Compatible Phone Models||V10, LG V10|
About this item
- Single layer TPU is flexible and durable for an exact fit with grip
- New design features glossy accents and a textured pattern
- Corners equipped with Air Cushion Technology protect against small drops and bumps
- Exact cutouts for buttons and phone details; raised lip and camera cutout lift the screen and lens off flat surfaces
- V10 case compatible with LG V10 (2015)
From the manufacturer
At Spigen, we strive to push the boundaries of design and technology. Our products are crafted and articulated with a mindset on maintaining the highest quality standards for the ultimate mobile experience.
Rugged Armor for LG V10
Slim and Flexible Protection
The Rugged Armor case gives your phone a robust appearance without the bulk. Its single-layered TPU construction maintains a slim profile that’s flexible for an exact fit in a detail-oriented design.
- Flexible one-layered TPU case
- Textured pattern + glossy accents
- Air Cushion Technology protects against small drops
- Adds grip and comfort in the hand
Flaunts a textured pattern and glossy accents for grip and style.
All cutouts fit precisely for unhindered use and comfort.
Air Cushion Technology
Offers peripheral protection against small drops.
The camera and screen stay lifted off flat surfaces.
|GLAS.tR SLIM Glass Screen Protector||S310 Mobile Stand||Magnetic Car Mount||Selfie Stick|
|Compatible Accessories||Shield your screen with our GLAS.tR SLIM glass screen protector without compromise.||The aluminum S310 Stand features a fixed TPU dock that holds your device at a comfortable viewing angle.||Mount your phone in your car with the Magnetic Air Vent Mount for residue-free stability that's minimal in bulk and appearance.||A foldable headpiece with quick Bluetooth connectivity give you extra convenience for the perfect picture.|
The Spigen Experience
Protect the LG V10 look with Spigen’s Rugged Armor case for minimal style and bulk. The newly designed case is a single-layered TPU shell that’s flexible with glossy accents and a textured pattern for added grip. It features exact cutouts for the camera, buttons, and port openings.
Reviewed in the United States on January 7, 2016
Reviews with images
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1. The front and back of the case are made so that you can set it right side up or upside down on a desk without the phone touching the desk. That's the whole reason I bought it so it makes me happy.
2. It's an all rubber design which makes it grippy. The rubber design on the back matches the V10 design which looks kind of nice, even if the case rubber doesn't "sheen" like the V10 rubber.
3. Seems to protect well. Obviously this is for "oopsies" drops and not "Oh no!" drops. In other words, It'll protect almost totally at 3-5 feet (situation pending, some drops are just bad luck), but it's not gonna help being dropped off of a roof.
4. Easy to put on, easy to take off.
5. The ports are cut so that my headphones and charger all fit.
6. All the various sensor and mic holes seem to be cut in the right spot (TMobile variant).
7. Fingerprint sensor does work and I haven't had to reprogram mine. More on that in a second.
1. Thicker than I envisioned, but I guess that's for added protection. Nothing too bad though. It didn't add as much girth as expected, although it does add a bit.
Okay so the fingerprint scanner thing. I've not had one problem with it. The model I have is deliberately cut extra wide on the back as to allow a finger access to the entire scanner and a couple of centimeters to either side. That makes me think that maybe Spigen quietly redesigned the case a bit to allow extra space for the scanner. I think, potentially, that earlier versions of the case may have had the power button cut too thin and it prevented proper use. It's just conjecture and we may never know for sure, but the power button on mine is totally free of any obstacles and I can definitely place my finger comfortably on it.
I also believe that people who may have had the problem may have larger than average fingers, which could also prevent it from working well in a case.
Either way, if you have average sized fingers, your scanner should work. At this point, I'm almost certain Spigen saw its error and just released a new version in place of the old one.
I'm happy with my purchase. Everything works and looks good. I should have this for as long as I have the V10 and would recommend it to anyone who digs black rubber cases. =)
There is only two things I have an issue with:
- I wish the lip on the side with the screen would stick out like the backside more for added protection.
- A word of warning: the fingerprint scanner will NOT work hardly at all with this case and almost any other case on the market. This is because the fingerprint scanner on the V10 works differently than most scanners. Your hand has to make contact with the stainless steel side rails and the metal ring around the power button to complete the circuit. LG says that they're working to fix this issue, but I'm not sure if there is a solution (it's more of a design flaw). I'd rather keep the case and live with the issue than to go without one. If you absolutely can't live without the fingerprint scanner, there is an easy way to make it work. Whenever you go to scan your finger ( I use my index), dig your thumb under the case to the left or right of the screen just enough to make contact with the metal rail and the fingerprint scanner will work every time.
Update 3-6-16 :
LG released a software update that 100% fixed the fingerprint scanner issues. After the update, I simply deleted my fingers and added them back. I'm sad to admit that I've dropped my phone a few times now, but the phone is just fine. I like the air cusion that this case has. It really does seem to absorb the shock pretty well.
I have discovered a small flaw which doesn't affect me, but may others. This phone is known for its phenomenal camera and low light capabilities. I myself, love the flash for both taking pictures and as a flashlight. I have noticed that this case wraps around the flash and laser autofocus pretty tight. The flash does not beam out as wide as it could with it off (I tried it), and you can notice a difference.
In the end, I will keep this case probably as long as I have this phone because it's worth keeping.
Top reviews from other countries
The fingerprint sensor has been working fine for me since day 1. I was not too confident about this when I ordered it because I've seen the reviews online about cases ruining the fingerprint sensor capabilities to recognise fingers. I bought it to use in the gym and not have to worry about where I leave it (usually on the floor) and turned out to stay on the phone all the time because of this.
If there's one thing that I would consider a con for this case is the fact that the cutout for the USB port at the bottom is a bit harsh. What I mean by that is that I usually put my pinky finger on the bottom to have a little bit more support when holding the device with 1 hand and it ends up exactly in the cutout for the USB port, and it is not smooth like the other edges it kind of itches a little bit on the finger.
Also, don't be surprised about the grip of this case not being as grippy as the phone itself, because I was. If you're looking for grip, the case is not going to help.
Pretty happy with it, and the price too. I don't usually like cases but my brother suggested this brand, really happy with it.
Bit chunky but not unmanagable. Protects like it should, nice feel to it.