Spigen Slim Armor iPhone 5S / 5 Case with Advanced Drop Protection and Dual Layer Design for iPhone 5S / iPhone 5 - Metal Slate
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
- Two toned colors with a metallic finish
- TPU case layered with a polycarbonate midsection for extra durability
- Slim and form-fitted to the iPhone 5
- Compatible with Apple Ear Pods, and ear buds with L-shaped plug (within 6.17mm diameter) including Beats by Derider.
- Full body protective case
Customers also shopped for
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||—||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Available from these sellers||Spigen Inc||Spigen Inc||Amazon.com|
|Color||SA Metal Slate||SAS Metal Slate||TA Metal Slate||SA Gunmetal|
|Compatible Phone Models||Apple iPhone 5, iPhone 5S||Apple iPhone 5 (2012), iPhone 5S (2013)||Apple iPhone 5 (2012), iPhone 5S (2013)||iPhone SE, Apple iPhone SE, iPhone 5s|
SPIGEN SGP Slim Armor case for the iPhone 5/5S is specifically designed to protect the iPhone 5/5S at all angles. The TPU case features improved shock absorption on the top, bottom, and corners to effectively protect the iPhone 5 from external impact. Slim Armor is double layered with a TPU case and a polycarbonate hard case to provide additional protection in a form-fitted design. The polycarbonate midsection has a metallic finish and can be removed from the TPU. This allows the Slim Armor to be interchanged with different colors. The case fits precisely onto the iPhone 5/5S for a natural and sleek look, and the speaker opening is specifically designed to fully utilize the speaker without reducing sound quality. The polycarbonate midsection has a matte finish coating design to provide the best grip with a soft touch. Slim Armor is designed to highlight the two-toned colors and structural edges of the back of iPhone.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Otherwise, it fits well, it protects as much as a thin plastic case can, and it does not interfere with screen protectors that cover the full glass. The buttons are not cutouts, they're actual little buttons that cover the phone buttons for sleep and volume.
The quality here is what a phone retailer would probably charge between 20-40 dollars, as compared to the big 3 in their retail stores. Certainly this type of product should be in the 10 dollar range, but this is not ridiculously overpriced for what you get.
Ringer mute cutout is too small and bulkily to allow a normal size person to use the button. If you have nails, you'll be fine, if not, you may not like this fact
So after hunting all over the internet and literally looking at over 100 reviews, I made the decision to get this case. It is fantastic. It looks great, fits perfectly, and offers great protection for the occasional oops! There are definitely more protective cases out there, but this suits my need fine. Also, I came from an incredible 2, and with this case on, the Iphone is still thinner and narrower than the incredible 2 was with no case on it.
The build quality is fantastic, and I would highly recommend. However, my personally I would not use any of the jelly bean buttons that ship with the case. I hear they are a bear to get off if you try to remove them and the adhesive gets stuck to the button. All it would take would be a miniscule amount of adhesive to get down in that space next to the button and you'd be screwed. Apple keeps that button recessed for a reason. Fist off because pressing it turns the screen on, so if you keep it in a pouch, purse or pocket, it would be turning on all the time, also why subject it to unnecessary abuse. the other obvious reason I wouldn't recommend the button is because you only have 1 chance of getting it on perfect. What are the odds?
Bought this sucker in June on 2014, it's August 2016 and besides some slight wear on the non rubber part and the junk that builds up between the case and phone like belly button jam on a fat kid. There is nothing to even remotely complain about. I mean it's survived Gronk spikes off the ground, left on my lap drops into pavement when I get out of my car, slips out of my hand, falls from the night stand, four year olds who think phones are frisbees, elbowed off couches. I could go on but hell your sick of reading and I'm sick of typing.
Overall, great reliable product that keeps your phone alive for the long haul.
- Button overlays for sound and power button are excellent.
- Headphone and charging ports are sufficient. I have fairly large headphone jacks and they all fit nicely, but I can see how some very large ones won't fit.
- Looks cool (for a while and from afar.)
- Case slightly sticks out on the front, protecting the screen.
- It doesn't fit well (yes I have the 5S which it is made for.) There is a slight gap half way around the phone and is way too easy to take off. I don't want a case that doesn't fit snug.
- Removable back plate scratches very easily (I scratched mine in the first 90 seconds I had it on.)
- In my opinion the black material on the back of the phone should stick out just slightly further than the removable plate, not the other way around, for 2 reasons. 1)That way when rested on a table and bumped, it would stay put from the rubbery grip and wouldn't slide around on the slippery plastic plate and fall to the ground. 2) The plate wouldn't contact the table surface and scratch so easily.
Yes, this case is better than a bare phone but I would not recommend. It could be perfect if it fit more snug and had the back part of the phone slightly redesigned!