Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Month Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon counterpart counterpart counterpart  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on August 25, 2014
Not classic Stratego. Fewer total pieces, which simplifies the game, which makes learning easier but reduces complexity potential simply through possible combinations/options. Plus the numbers are inverted from what I remember...1 used to be the Marshall, I think, reinforced by my memory of the miners as 8s. But now 10 is the Marshall, 3 is the miner, and the rest of the pieces fall in line with strength building as the numbers increase. This should make learning a little more intuitive for new players, but rubbed me a little wrong.

This version also adds in unique low-value pieces that add some fun strategy to the game (that I don't remember being in the classic version), but felt cumbersome on the small game board (smaller to accommodate the fewer number of pieces). Overall, it's a good game. 5 stars for Stratego being a great introductory strategy game. Minus one star for requiring the owner to apply stickers to all the game pieces and its deviations from my golden memories of the classic version.
on January 23, 2013
Great game, takes 30-45 minutes to play. Easy for a 9-14 year old to learn. However, please note the following changes if you played in the 80's version:

The pieces don't come pre marked. Stickers are provided for you to place on pieces, no big deal, they go on easy enough.

Now, for the changes: In the "old" days, the pieces used to be a "1" was boss, a "9" was weak. In this (newer) version, it's the other way around. Also, there's a new piece introduced, not sure if it adds value to game play.
on January 12, 2016
I played this strategy game as a child and more recently now with my own children. It's a simple, fun strategy game that's easy to learn and is very re-playable. The futuristic take is new as compared to the version that I played as a child but my son loves it.
on September 17, 2017
Good game. But I don't like the new characters
on April 17, 2015
My 11 yr old son had been playing this with a teacher at school during quiet time in class and really wanted me to get it for him. The malls and toy stores didn't have it. On Amazon I found many versions of it, but when talking to my brother, he said that this was the one to get. My son is so happy and plays it often with his younger brother. My only problem is that some of the stickers kept falling off, eventually my son just taped them all the way around to keep them on their game pieces.
on June 14, 2017
Great modern take on the classic game. My son loves this as much as i loved the original. Must have for any family board game collection.
on May 22, 2017
Son loves it. Happy we were able to get the version of the game he was looking for (local stores had something different under the same name).
on November 14, 2016
My son and daughter really enjoy the game. They are 7 and 9 yrs old. It is something they can play together. It lasts long enough that they only play one game at a time but no so long that they cannot finish it game.
on November 17, 2015
I grew up playing Stratego. When I was a really little kid, I had no problem learning the rules and jumping into a game. So why did they feel it necessary to simplify the game? They removed the fourth row and made up some other dumb rules about certain pieces. It's not Stratego. It's a rip off.
on January 13, 2014
My husband played this growing up, so of course he has our boys enjoying the game now. They began playing when they were 9 and 11. It is easy to learn, and can be a quick game - sometimes 15-20 minutes and there is a victory! It is their first choice in board games
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.