YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You nav_sap_shop_all_hm_cal Shop now Shop Popular Services Paterson Paterson Paterson  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now NYNN

Size: game|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,510 reviews(Verified Purchases). Show all reviews
on December 6, 2010
Got Hedbanz for my yearly christmas party with friends. We usually got with trivia games, but I wanted to change it up this year.

I figured Hedbanz would be a non-thinking game and would be pretty easy for everybody. Unfortunately, the game as it is suggested, is much harder than it seems. After a trial run with 8 people trying twice, only two of us were able to get the guess correct in the time the timer allows.

We actually ended up having more fun slightly altering the rules and getting rid of the question round and going into the one-word clue round. We got into teams so everybody had a reason to give good clues and went around giving our teammates clues. For each clue it took, your team got one point. At the end, the team with the least points (and least guesses) won. It went much quicker (almost too quick, though) and was easier for everybody who struggled the "real" way.

Anyway, I would suggest changing the rules as your team needs. Don't be afraid to customize the game.

There seems to be enough cards for five or six playthroughs even with the same group. Even after you have to repeat cards, they are general enough that the clues/questions will continue to be different.

The head bands themselves were bigger than I expected, and fit me well. They have a few different size notches, so just about everybody should be fine. I didn't notice anything that warrants the "adults" tag, except that maybe the bands wouldn't fit somebody smaller and that the original game play was a bit hard for our group of ~25 year olds.

With some rules tweaking, this game could be a winner. Also, keep in mind you're gonna need a good group to play with. We had a few duds in ours!
22 comments| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2016
Purchased this game as a Christmas present for my nephew. Finally had a chance to play it for the first time a few weeks ago. I was thinking it would be pretty easy for us adults playing a kids game, I was wrong. We played with 3 adults, a teenager, and a 6 year old. The 6 year old was able to do better than half the people! I think this speaks volumes to how good of a kids game this actually is. It can be equally challenging for everyone.

The game play itself is a self guided question game. Everyone has a "hedbanz", which is just what they call their plastic headbands that are included with the game. Each player places a card on their respective hedbanz. Everyone can see your card, except you. Your card has an illustration in addition to the description of what it is. The game includes a card with sample questions, but my group of players found that most of those questions were useless on most of the cards. You begin the game with three playing chips in front of you and a timer. When the timer begins you ask yes or no questions about your card. If you guess your card correctly before the timer runs out you get to give up a playing chip and continue with a new card until the timer runs out. After that point play passes to the next player, while you keep the card that stumped you. You continue with this card until you guess it correctly. The first player to get rid of all three chips wins the game!

The only reason I knocked off a star is due to the replay value. It seems there are about 50 cards that come with the came. If you play a round with 5 people those 50 cards do not go very far at all. With my group of 5 we went through approximately 10 cards during a session of this game. That means that after approximately 5 times playing this game you will begin to repeat cards. This will obviously hurt the replay value. Perhaps this is something that can be solved with an expansion at some point.
on June 23, 2015
I was afraid my hardcore gamer friends would find this too simplistic or childish. I was wrong, it was a big hit! My group likes party games, but only in small amounts; we ended up playing this game for a couple hours. It's actually fairly difficult to figure out that you have "Elvis," "hose" or "baseball field".
This video is an accurate representation of the game. It says adult due to difficulty and some due to content (strip club is one of the cards)
on June 13, 2014
Super fun game, I love it. More difficult than the first edition though because there's less animals and food than in the previous one. Great family game and would recommend!
on August 10, 2016
We actually purchased this game at the recommendation of my daughter's speech therapist - she was doing great in the speech therapy office and said all of her sounds perfectly, because she was focused on it. Her problem was when she was excited about something and talking too fast; all her sounds got jumbled and she was difficult to understand. Playing this game helped her spontaneously use the proper sounds for each letter, because she was invested in playing and wanted to win AND be understood when giving clues. Worked like a charm. On top of it all, the whole family had fun playing this together.
on August 26, 2016
Fun game for a bit, but you better have a good attention span. After a while it can be frustrating and monotonous. I suggest alternating the rules by allowing others to give hints for the duration of the timer as opposed to playing 20 questions.
on July 21, 2015
my grandkids and I play this game, it is a blast! you laugh so hard that it's almost impossible to get through the game! lots of fun. grandkids are 9 and 7 years old. my son saw me with hedbanz on my head when he came to pick up the kids, he laughed so hard. I think it's a great game for any age. A very good product worth every penny.
on August 4, 2016
Very nice game for all ages. Develops fast thinking and thought of process. The only down side is that once kids memorize the cards, they can be easily figure out and call it out. It would be nice if "Hedbanz" would make and sell just a deck of new cards to mix them up.
on January 19, 2016
This is a really fun game and it is one that the entire family can enjoy. We have a 9 year old and a 6 year old and have a hoot playing it as a family. This quickly became our "go to" on family game night which presented the first of only 2 problems I have found with the game. There are not enough cards included, so the more you play, you see repeat answers and more cards are not available. The second being the headband is not the most comfortable thing in the world and sometimes my 6 year old gets tired of wearing it and takes it off

Overall it is a fun game and I would give it an 8 out of 10. It is great to play when the kids have sleepovers or slumber parties.
on August 4, 2013
I purchased the 'HedBanz Game' as a Christmas gift for kids in the family. The product was packaged well and it was delivered on time.

I was not around when the game was played, but from what I have heard from other family members the kids like it a lot! They find it fun and engaging. The parents like the game, because it is an 'old school' group style of game, and not a solo video game. HedBanz is one of those games that promotes social interaction between kids and adults as well.

I am looking forward to playing it!

AMAZON IS THE BEST!

When I originally purchased this Christmas gift on December 17th (along with another gift), they were delivered on time - but were stolen! I reported the robbery to the police, because that is what you are supposed to do. I, myself, put this matter at the bottom of the polices priorities.

Then, I called AMAZON and explained the situation. AMAZON was very understanding and replaced this gift and the other, at no additional cost to me! They were both delivered in time for the holiday! I, of course, give AMAZON a huge THANK YOU for the amazing customer service I received!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.