Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Style: Original|Change

Showing 1-10 of 1,595 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,816 reviews
on January 21, 2016
Purchased this game as a Christmas present for my nephew. Finally had a chance to play it for the first time a few weeks ago. I was thinking it would be pretty easy for us adults playing a kids game, I was wrong. We played with 3 adults, a teenager, and a 6 year old. The 6 year old was able to do better than half the people! I think this speaks volumes to how good of a kids game this actually is. It can be equally challenging for everyone.

The game play itself is a self guided question game. Everyone has a "hedbanz", which is just what they call their plastic headbands that are included with the game. Each player places a card on their respective hedbanz. Everyone can see your card, except you. Your card has an illustration in addition to the description of what it is. The game includes a card with sample questions, but my group of players found that most of those questions were useless on most of the cards. You begin the game with three playing chips in front of you and a timer. When the timer begins you ask yes or no questions about your card. If you guess your card correctly before the timer runs out you get to give up a playing chip and continue with a new card until the timer runs out. After that point play passes to the next player, while you keep the card that stumped you. You continue with this card until you guess it correctly. The first player to get rid of all three chips wins the game!

The only reason I knocked off a star is due to the replay value. It seems there are about 50 cards that come with the came. If you play a round with 5 people those 50 cards do not go very far at all. With my group of 5 we went through approximately 10 cards during a session of this game. That means that after approximately 5 times playing this game you will begin to repeat cards. This will obviously hurt the replay value. Perhaps this is something that can be solved with an expansion at some point.
on August 10, 2016
We actually purchased this game at the recommendation of my daughter's speech therapist - she was doing great in the speech therapy office and said all of her sounds perfectly, because she was focused on it. Her problem was when she was excited about something and talking too fast; all her sounds got jumbled and she was difficult to understand. Playing this game helped her spontaneously use the proper sounds for each letter, because she was invested in playing and wanted to win AND be understood when giving clues. Worked like a charm. On top of it all, the whole family had fun playing this together.
on December 6, 2010
Got Hedbanz for my yearly christmas party with friends. We usually got with trivia games, but I wanted to change it up this year.

I figured Hedbanz would be a non-thinking game and would be pretty easy for everybody. Unfortunately, the game as it is suggested, is much harder than it seems. After a trial run with 8 people trying twice, only two of us were able to get the guess correct in the time the timer allows.

We actually ended up having more fun slightly altering the rules and getting rid of the question round and going into the one-word clue round. We got into teams so everybody had a reason to give good clues and went around giving our teammates clues. For each clue it took, your team got one point. At the end, the team with the least points (and least guesses) won. It went much quicker (almost too quick, though) and was easier for everybody who struggled the "real" way.

Anyway, I would suggest changing the rules as your team needs. Don't be afraid to customize the game.

There seems to be enough cards for five or six playthroughs even with the same group. Even after you have to repeat cards, they are general enough that the clues/questions will continue to be different.

The head bands themselves were bigger than I expected, and fit me well. They have a few different size notches, so just about everybody should be fine. I didn't notice anything that warrants the "adults" tag, except that maybe the bands wouldn't fit somebody smaller and that the original game play was a bit hard for our group of ~25 year olds.

With some rules tweaking, this game could be a winner. Also, keep in mind you're gonna need a good group to play with. We had a few duds in ours!
22 comments| 111 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2017
I'm a speech therapist and this game gets all of my students excited about speech. It targets making inferences, using descriptive words, asking questions, responding to yes/no questions and turn taking skills. Best of all, many of my students have this game at home so they can generalize their skills. Love it!
on February 19, 2015
Another great purchase for Family Game Night!! We love this original HedBanz game everyone loved this, it is not an exaggeration. We played for hours the first time and we were begged to play it again and again, think of this game as Fast paced Charades our younger ones are beginner readers and where able to read the cards and act the parts accordingly,a great time!
on January 11, 2016
So amazing game my daughter love it we play a lot
review image review image
on January 31, 2014
This is a very simple, fun family game. Anyone can play. I have a big head and I can still wear one of the headbands. The only downside that I can see is that you go through cards pretty quickly, so if you play for awhile in one sitting you'll start to repeat cards, which can make the game a bit easier.

Still, it's such a simple idea, and we have a lot of fun with it.
on March 9, 2017
Its a great idea, but it's kind of hard. The kids ages 5-9 struggled with it a bit. There's only so many ways you can describe an onion haha. I wish the box was a bit bigger to easily place the headbands back in for storage. Great condition though.
on January 19, 2016
This is a really fun game and it is one that the entire family can enjoy. We have a 9 year old and a 6 year old and have a hoot playing it as a family. This quickly became our "go to" on family game night which presented the first of only 2 problems I have found with the game. There are not enough cards included, so the more you play, you see repeat answers and more cards are not available. The second being the headband is not the most comfortable thing in the world and sometimes my 6 year old gets tired of wearing it and takes it off

Overall it is a fun game and I would give it an 8 out of 10. It is great to play when the kids have sleepovers or slumber parties.
on January 25, 2016
This game was purchased for my middle-school students. Their ages range from 10-17 and they all love it! It is also great for adults as like me, you probably played this as a kid! Great for kids, great for families, pretty much great for everyone! You can NOT go wrong withHedBanz!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.