Truck Reviews HPC Magazine Deals Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. Electronics Gift Guide Fire TV Stick Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now STL18_GNO

HedBanz Game - Edition may vary
Style: Headbanz Game|Change

on January 21, 2016
Purchased this game as a Christmas present for my nephew. Finally had a chance to play it for the first time a few weeks ago. I was thinking it would be pretty easy for us adults playing a kids game, I was wrong. We played with 3 adults, a teenager, and a 6 year old. The 6 year old was able to do better than half the people! I think this speaks volumes to how good of a kids game this actually is. It can be equally challenging for everyone.

The game play itself is a self guided question game. Everyone has a "hedbanz", which is just what they call their plastic headbands that are included with the game. Each player places a card on their respective hedbanz. Everyone can see your card, except you. Your card has an illustration in addition to the description of what it is. The game includes a card with sample questions, but my group of players found that most of those questions were useless on most of the cards. You begin the game with three playing chips in front of you and a timer. When the timer begins you ask yes or no questions about your card. If you guess your card correctly before the timer runs out you get to give up a playing chip and continue with a new card until the timer runs out. After that point play passes to the next player, while you keep the card that stumped you. You continue with this card until you guess it correctly. The first player to get rid of all three chips wins the game!

The only reason I knocked off a star is due to the replay value. It seems there are about 50 cards that come with the came. If you play a round with 5 people those 50 cards do not go very far at all. With my group of 5 we went through approximately 10 cards during a session of this game. That means that after approximately 5 times playing this game you will begin to repeat cards. This will obviously hurt the replay value. Perhaps this is something that can be solved with an expansion at some point.
35 people found this helpful
on January 11, 2016
So amazing game my daughter love it we play a lot
review imagereview image
15 people found this helpful
on August 10, 2016
We actually purchased this game at the recommendation of my daughter's speech therapist - she was doing great in the speech therapy office and said all of her sounds perfectly, because she was focused on it. Her problem was when she was excited about something and talking too fast; all her sounds got jumbled and she was difficult to understand. Playing this game helped her spontaneously use the proper sounds for each letter, because she was invested in playing and wanted to win AND be understood when giving clues. Worked like a charm. On top of it all, the whole family had fun playing this together.
12 people found this helpful
on August 26, 2016
Fun game for a bit, but you better have a good attention span. After a while it can be frustrating and monotonous. I suggest alternating the rules by allowing others to give hints for the duration of the timer as opposed to playing 20 questions.
6 people found this helpful
on February 19, 2017
I'm a speech therapist and this game gets all of my students excited about speech. It targets making inferences, using descriptive words, asking questions, responding to yes/no questions and turn taking skills. Best of all, many of my students have this game at home so they can generalize their skills. Love it!
4 people found this helpful
on May 4, 2018
I generally loathe board games, and when one of my in-laws drags them out I try to slip away or find an excuse not to play. But I watched a round of this, and jumped in and wanted to play! With a group of a dozen people aged 9-81 (those who didn't have headbands had to put their card face down and hold it up during their turn), we had a fantastic time playing this crazy game.

So I ordered my own set to play with the 3 children I nanny for, and while they are a little young, and only one can read, I pre-selected easily recognizable cards and they caught on very quickly! I didn't use the timer for the little ones, because everyone gets to participate in everyone else's turn, so they don't get impatient. My only complain is that the newer cards, in the edition I purchased, have much more "stylized" illustrations on them, so there were some simple words that I had to pull from the deck, because the kids weren't likely to guess the right word.
on July 21, 2015
my grandkids and I play this game, it is a blast! you laugh so hard that it's almost impossible to get through the game! lots of fun. grandkids are 9 and 7 years old. my son saw me with hedbanz on my head when he came to pick up the kids, he laughed so hard. I think it's a great game for any age. A very good product worth every penny.
6 people found this helpful
|11 comment|Report abuse
on January 10, 2018
The best kids game ever! We have had so much fun playing this. The kids laugh so hard when someone guesses the wrong answer and they get so excited when they get it right. We took this to the kids uil competition and we had so many kids wanting to play while we waited. The kids had a blast with it and it got everyone involved with each other. It is a must have if you have kids!
One person found this helpful
on January 25, 2017
I ordered the HedBanz adult edition and then went through the cards and eliminated certain cards so I could use them with my teenage youth group. The words weren't bad (one was "bra.) but I wanted to avoid silly teenage giggles as much as possible.
It is one of the most fun games the kids play. There are headbands for six, but you can use a regular head band across the forehead to hold a card and more kids can play. One boy put his cap on backwards and used the strap in the back to hold his card.
We have played this with adults too and we end up laughing until we cry.
Great game. Easy to play. Lots of fun.
on December 4, 2017
My children (ages 10 and 6) love playing this game. When the 6 year old is playing we will also give them clues, without being too obvious. We can play this as a family for 30 minutes without boredom and that's good these days for a family game since technology has virtually taken over everything.
One person found this helpful
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.