|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$14.95|
Save $14.95 (100%)
The Spinster and The Earl (Book 1 Gentlemen of Honor) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
With just a little more effort, this book would rate a 5 star review. Little things really started to annoy me. One instance: everyone addresses the Earl as 'Your Grace.' He would have to be a Duke to be addressed as such. Another is that the heroine, as a midwife, knows very well how babies are made. But, she continues to have sex with him and refuse his offers of marriage. And, the one that really bothered me the most: The late Earl had no children or grandchildren. But, he CHOSE one of his nephews to become his successor. The one chosen was the third son of his sister. From everything that I have ever read, titles do not pass in this manner. Property that is not entailed can be willed to anyone. Titles and property that belong to that title must be passed to the nearest in the direct line. If there is no one, that title ceases to exist and the property then goes to the Crown.
I really like the author's writing style and I did enjoy the book. With a little research into her chosen era, her books will be perfect.
1) The laws of inheritance as to titles were / are very strict. The old Earl would NOT have been "choosing the heir that will inherit his estate and title", announcing the family will know who it is when his will is read. His (nonexistent) money, maybe, but title, no. It certainly wouldn't have gone to a nephew who was the third son in his family.
2) Earls are not addressed as "Your Grace" doing so constantly was very distracting and off putting.
3) Was Dru her paid companion or her maid? Those were two very distinctly different roles / jobs, with different social standing.
4) He's laying in bed, she's standing over him, his his lips descend on hers? (I would overlook this, but his "descend on hers" multiple times.)
5) She leaves to get her father a wrap, but comes back in after eavesdropping to adjust the wrap he let slip (the one she went to get). Things like this happen several times.
6) The Earl has a broken leg and needs to be carried to lunch, but by that evening, it's being suggested that he and she should take a walk in the garden...
This had the potential to be a very good story, and the author has a lot of potential, but she needs to do more research, and she needs someone to edit for continuity in her storyline.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This story takes place in Ireland between a young Lady and a new Earl. The squabbles that occur between them are funny and make this story enjoyable.Published 15 days ago by Kindle Customer
Set in Ireland, with the wee folks figuring into the story. A romance with a kidnapping before the hero realizes that he loves the heroine.Published 16 days ago by S. Dimmig
Loved it. Despite being titled "spinster", Beatrice is no simpering miss left on the shelf. She is intelligent, beautiful and practically fearless. Read morePublished 16 days ago by TLG
This book was enjoyable . An easy reading, no thinking kind of book for a lazy day. No sexually intense material, mostly suggestive. Read morePublished 27 days ago by KC
I read some of the reviews on this and I don't know how to address an earl or duke or any of that, but I like the story. The only issue I had was it was a bit wordy. Read morePublished 1 month ago by chowderpatch