Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Gifts for Dad Shop Popular Services twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl National Bike Month on Amazon Ellen

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 67 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on August 1, 2013
My brother encouraged me to read the first book in the Tunnels series and, of course, once you read the first you have to read the second. As the series has progressed, however, it has gotten progressively more disturbing. For me this is not something to rave about, but rather to recoil from. There were more instances than I can count in this book where the running dialogue in my head wasn't "Oh my this is so intriguing!" but rather, "WHAT am I reading and why don't I just give it up already!?"

The book's saving grace is that I'm a fast reader and, as such, finished in just a couple of days so the torture was not ongoing. I will finish the series as I am stubborn and that's what I do, finish what I start regardless of whether I still want to or not. I would not recommend this series to anyone though unless I knew they were into nightmarish bug women.
on September 13, 2015
The last book I was depressed filling my face with Ring dings one after another. Where would I go from here? I felt deserted. I lost my friends from my stories 😂
on July 4, 2015
I was expecting a very different story than this book told. I was expecting the continuing story of the dominion virus and was totally not expecting the left turn into the story of the Styx as aliens. The fact that the author seemed to be apologizing for the change of story line in the afterward, tells me that he wasn't necessarily in favor of the change. The story is engaging, it is just not the story I was expecting.
on July 28, 2016
This is the 5th book in the series. The action really heats up and battles begin. Because of the development of the characters and their subplots
the story becomes more intense.
on May 7, 2016
Good follow up of the last story. A bit too bloody and too many zombie like pawns. I do not have the stomach for some of the scenes therefore will probably be my last book of the series.

on May 25, 2014
I was very disappointed with this book. Our whole family were great fans of the series. We loved "Tunnels", "Deeper" and "Closer" and were so excited to get "Spiral" we even pre-ordered it. The whole plot went in a very strange direction and without revealing too much, they kill off several main characters.
on June 27, 2013
Ok, this series ended up with a twist that I did not see coming. Weird, but I liked it. I enjoyed the whole series, and really got attached to the characters, which is a mark of a good book for me. It is intended for younger to teen readers, but I still enjoyed it as an adult. I reserve 5 stars for absolutely incredible books, so 4 stars from me means a good, enjoyable read. I recommend it.
on July 14, 2016
Received with a minor blemish on the corner of the cover, nothing major. Wasn't my favorite book of the series, but still an exceptional story.
on July 4, 2016
Wow this series went south! Was loving it till this book which I did not finish. Weirdly pseudosexual and departs from whole tone of series
on January 30, 2014
Loved this tunnel book, too! It was a little freaky, just saying.
My sister (she's 16) was complaining that her back and shoulders hurt right when I was in the middle of this book, and I got scared!
Read the book to find out why that is.

Be sure to read the rest of the series!