Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Spire Stone: Stress Management and Activity Tracke..." and save 33% off the $129.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
Spire Stone: Stress Management and Activity Tracker for iOS & Android
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Stress Control: Spire's patented respiration sensor measures your breathing patterns all-day to help you keep control and manage stress
- When You Need It: If your breathing becomes tense or erratic, a gentle notification gives you actions you can take to help you relax
- Calm Down: Unlock the calming power of your own breath with visual exercises and guided meditations
- Keep Track: Follow your health progress through activity, steps, calories, and more
- Know Yourself: Learn where and when you're tense, calm, or productive
- Built to Last: Washer-resistant, charges wirelessly, and lasts 10 days on a single charge
- Scientifically-Proven: Spire is recommended by 1,000s of health professionals worldwide
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
The science of breathing
Just as your state of mind affects your breathing, research shows that changing your breathing can improve your state of mind. Spire measures respiratory patterns to detect subtle changes in tension you may not even be aware of, and gives you tools to achieve greater calm and focus.
Control your breathing. Control your state of mind.
"…one of the easiest ways to improve mental and physical health…” - WSJ, Jan 26, 2015
Studies have shown how simply controlling our breathing can lower blood pressure, reduce tension and increase endorphins. Spire monitors and helps you improve your breathing through gentle reminders and simple exercises. So you can feel better and more focused all day.
- Small and elegantly wearable
- Measures breathing and activity, and alerts you when you’re stressed
- Works with the Spire app on iPhone
Know when you’re tense
Spire senses tension and helps you regain your calm.
Remember to breathe
When it’s been a while since your last deep breath, a simple buzz brings you back.
Boost your calm and focus
Simple exercises help you learn to improve your focus throughout the day.
Discover your state of mind
Spire’s sensors detect moments of tension and calm, helping you to be more mindful.
Regain calm and balance
While unobtrusively clipped to your pants or bra, Spire quietly measures your breathing patterns throughout the day. When you’re tense or stressed—or if you haven’t taken a deep breath in a while—a gentle buzz reminds you to breathe. And the included smartphone app guides you in short, simple exercises to increase your calm and focus.
Activity tracking built in
Spire tracks your steps and calories in addition to your breathing, helping you learn your patterns of activity. When you’ve been inactive, gentle reminders encourage you to take a walk to relieve some tension. Sound body, sound mind.
An app for greater productivity and health
The Spire stone transmits wirelessly to the Spire app on your iOS device, helping you discover patterns of focus, calm, tension, and activity. Select a boost to shift your state of mind with a guided breathing exercise or mini-meditation. You can even track steps and calories to let Spire support your healthy lifestyle.
7-day battery. Inductive charging. Washer-proof.
Everything about Spire was built with calm at the center, from its discreet form factor to its wireless charging pad. You can wear Spire comfortably for up to a week on a single charge, so it fits seamlessly in your daily life. And if you should mistakenly drop Spire in the laundry basket, relax—it’s tough enough to make it through.
Take your health into your own hands with the Spire Stone, the only wearable proven to help decrease stress. The Spire Stone helps you keep in sync with your mind and body by measuring your breath patterns all-day and alerting you to sudden changes. Follow your breath-wave, a real-time view of your breathing, on the Spire Stone companion app’s home screen: a smooth, rolling breath-wave indicates a state of calm. When your breathing becomes rapid or erratic, the Spire Stone will send you a gentle notification with actionable next steps.
The Spire Stone’s in-the-moment notifications make improving your health easy throughout the day with in-app breathing exercises and guided mini-meditation sessions when you need them. Spire charges on an included wireless charging pad, features a 10-day battery, and is washer-proof so as not to interfere with your busy lifestyle.
Compatible with iOS devices running iOS 8.3 and above.
Compatible with Android devices running Android 5.0 and above.
From the Manufacturer
Your breath is fuel for your body, the #1 indicator of your mindset, and in your control. Spire is the only wearable that measures breathing patterns and is proven to reduce stress.
“I recommend Spire to my patients struggling with anxiety. Spire helps them understand what triggers their anxiety and empowers them to overcome it.” - Kathryn Larson, APRN, MSN, WHNP, BC
Wear Spire on your belt or bra, where it can sense your breathing.
Spire’s battery lasts up to 10 days. When it’s time to recharge, place it on the chargepad and it will charge wirelessly.
Spire is water-resistant, so you don’t have to worry if it takes a tumble through the wash.
Spire, born out of research from Stanford University’s Calming Technologies Lab, is on a mission to give every person the power to control their own mental and physical health by capturing realtime bio-signals and making the data useful and actionable. Spire is currently working with partners across a range of mental and physical health conditions such as sleep, asthma, COPD, respiratory depression, and more: providing easy ways for people to improve their health. The Spire Stone product is sold in Apple Stores globally and has recommended by thousands of health professionals worldwide.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
** Who is this device for? **
I purchased Spire because I was looking for a way to analyze my stress levels throughout the day. As a full-time college student and part-time worker, I experience my fair share of stressful moments. I was looking for a device to monitor my stress so I can learn my triggers. Spire tracks your daily steps, but I wouldn't consider this a fitness tracker by any means.
** Comfort/Device Aesthetics **
Spire is gorgeous. The back of the device is soft and I never feel it rubbing up against my skin during daily use (most of the time, I completely forget I'm wearing it). I typically attach Spire to the inside of my jeans (right where the front belt loop is). Placement of Spire is incredibly important to get accurate readings, so I suggest you play around with the placement until you get it right. The included charging pad is completely wireless; to charge Spire, you simply place it on the wireless charging pad. The clip is strong enough to latch onto your clothing with ease. The device is also "washer-proof", so if you forget to take it off your clothing, it won't get destroyed.
** Functionality **
The real question that you're probably wondering.. DOES IT WORK?! Well, let me tell you my experience with Spire (and why I absolutely love this device). I'll admit that the first day I used Spire, I was completely unconvinced that it was correctly tracking my breathing patterns. Day 2 comes around. After leaving my morning class (which Spire told me I was focused and to keep up the good work), I got stuck in some traffic on the commute home. After about 15-20 minutes of sitting in bumper-to-bumper congestion, my Spire began vibrating. I checked the iPhone app upon arriving home, and Spire told me that I was in a state of tension for 20 minutes. The app presented me with several options for reducing my tension including (but not limited to) a quick relaxation boost exercise and an extended guided-meditation. After finishing the guided-meditation, Spire told me I was now in a calm state. These experiences happen nearly every day. Spire gets it right 9 out of 10 times and always provides recommendations for getting me into a calmer state-of-mind.
** Final Thoughts **
This is not a fitness tracker or a quick-fix to to achieve a less stressful lifestyle. This is, however, the best (and only?) device out there to help accurately measure your level of focus, calmness, and tension. I have been using Spire for several days and it has helped me achieve a calmer state-of-mind.
- getting real-time notifications when I'm not breathing properly is simply huge. I was just on a phone meeting and got a notification on my iPhone that it had been awhile since I'd taken a deep breath. Sure enough, Spire was right. It was just a nice little nudge, a reminder, to get back to doing what I know is important, full and functional breathing.
- being able to track through my day when I was calm, when I was in focus, when I was tense, it's really helpful information. Spire can do better on this count and I'll talk about that in a moment. The data presentation and tracking is not as dialed in as I'd like it to be, but is it better than what I was doing pre-Spire (which was, namely, nothing)? Oh heck yeah.
- alerts are great. You set them up within their parameters and now the app gives you real time feedback. If I've been tense for 3 minutes, Spire will tell me. If I've been in an extended period of calm or focus, I'm going to see that, too. And that's helpful for determining what I was doing/thinking/focusing on to create that state.
- the boosts. Those are recordings you can listen to in order to increase a sense of calm, or focus, increase energy, etc... It's a nice library of resources. And they have a nice 'foundation pack' teaching you some elemental breathing techniques along with getting to know your device and the app.
- last but not least, I like having such a modest device to track my steps. I don't wear a pedometer, I don't wear a fitness watch, so it's nice to have Spire do this for me.
- some of the problems others have noted have not been a problem for me at all. I wear it on my waistband and initially thought it would bug me. And it did bug me, absolutely. For about 45 minutes. After that I literally forget I have it on. It's just not an issue. Connectivity is not an issue, either. Setup has been easy and it stays connected to my iPhone 6+ without issue.
Things I'd like to see improve:
- there are times where I feel like I'm tense but Spire doesn't recognize it as such. I get that my perspective is a thought while Spire is measuring actual breathing patterns. I suppose this means that even when I emotionally feel tense, I'm still doing a credible job of breathing well. Cool. I do wish I had the ability to adjust the sensitivity of the algorithm, or increase the 'challenge level' so that it takes more to register as Calm, but that's a relatively minor quibble.
- I cannot stand the way the foundation pack in the Boost section handles unlocking the next boost after you've listened to the prior one. Instead of making it immediately available, it waits until 9am the next business day. So if I listen to one boost Friday afternoon, I don't get the next one unlocked until Monday morning. That's just a brain dead design.
- could be easier to get more actionable data out of the app. For example, when I just had a Calm streak or a Focus streak, I'd love to be able to add a tag noting what I was doing during that streak. That would be helpful from an analysis perspective.
And good news, these last two issues? They are directly remedied in the next version of the Spire app. They are in beta testing on it and I took a look at it, and while it's still rough around the edges it has great promise and it directly addresses these two points.
Bottom line: I think the device and the app are very useful as presently constructed. I emailed some thoughts, criticisms and suggestions to the company and was impressed to receive a detailed and thoughtful response from one of the company's founders and chief science officer. We've had a nice dialogue such that while I'm impressed with what the app can do right now, I think where it's going is simply going to get better and better.
So, do I recommend this for purchase right now? Yes, I absolutely do. I genuinely believe this is one of the few wearable technologies that doesn't just give you a bunch of data that is essentially meaningless, but can actually improve the quality of your life in important and meaningful ways.