Industrial Deals HPC Best Books of the Year Holiday Dress Guide nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $34.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video Snuggle Up with Your Favorite Holiday Movies on Amazon Video  Echo Devices starting at $29.99 Save $30 on All-New Fire HD 8. Limited-time offer. $20 off Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on February 29, 2012
If nothing else, Gabrielle Bernstein is at least an energizing person. Most of the inspiration I get from her comes from her audio meditations and podcasts but this book is a great way to keep up the momentum AFTER you've started exploring this kind of spirituality. It is a simple read in that she is not a very sophisticated writer. The book lacks a LOT of detail and leaves a lot to be desired in the way of explaining or describing abstract ideas.

Still, it is very evident that she is passionate about her work and that she believes in it 110%. I noticed a huge shift in my perceptions after I started adopting these types of practices into my life so I do believe it's a worthy read. Just as long as you don't expect it to be anymore than a long prelude (or advertisement) for her accompanying audio mediations (they are written in the book but the audio versions are an additional $15 and almost a necessity because you can't really meditate by reading a script).
on September 13, 2011
As an avid reader of inspirational and spiritual books, I was eager to read Spirit Junkie by Gabrielle Bernstein.

Gabby's latest book is a must read for anyone seeking a spiritual solutions to a more serene, less anxious, more connected life. Through her sharing of her own life experiences she shows the reader not only the how-to release fear and resentment, and turn to love as our guide but the why-to so that we can begin to live a more happy, joyous and free existence.

A truly inspired instruction manual, Gabby describes meditations, prayers and directions that are all inspired by A Course In Miracles. She has also released corresponding meditations for each chapter which you can download from Amazon or from her website. Much like her first book A Hip Girl's Guide to Happiness, I expect that this book will be a well-loved and well-worn constant on my bookshelf.
on June 9, 2015
This book is life-changing. It came into my life during a time of major transition and difficulty and it has changed everything. I could not recommend it more for anyone who is seeking more love in their life and who is ready and willing to release the fears that are creating so much suffering.
on March 31, 2013
The first time I saw this book I was immediately turned off by the cover art and the title. However a year or so later I heard Gabbie speak and decided to read "Spirit Junkie". And I am really glad I did.

"Spirit Junkie" is Gabbie's personal journey and interpretation of a "Course in Miracles". I found her writing extremely accessible and she is open & honest in her own spiritual struggles.

Anyway I found the book inspirational, instructional and impactful.

If you are new to the spiritual realm and/or prefer a style of writing that is fresh, breezy, hip, open, honest then Spirit Junkie is definitely for you.
on September 21, 2013
I really liked Gabrielle Bernstein when I first heard of her a couple of years ago. Now, I don't feel that draw. For my taste, she has gone too trendy and commercial.
on October 16, 2016
I am sure this is a good read for somebody who can apply it to a current stage in their life. I couldn't even finish it. It seems to be all over the place so it was very hard for me to read, it also seemed too primitive. Don't mean to be mean, it is just not a good fit for me. The only reason why I bought it was because my spiritual coach recommended it. I am very open-minded so always excited for any new reads but I think I will just stick with my all-time favorite teachers like Michael Singer and Abraham-Hicks.
on July 6, 2015
Still reading it, so I probably shouldn't post a review just yet, but so far I love it!!!
on April 9, 2012
I was not familiar with her work however I heard that this book was based on the book "A Course in Miracles".
I am always interested in new information about consciousness so I purchased the book based on the fact that I might learn something new.

It is a fairly light-hearted book, with quotes and stories about Gabrielle's life and her achievements throughout her journey. If you are not familiar to "A Course in Miracles" or if you are a reader that is new to the non-fiction scene I would highly recommend this book as it is such an easy to read book.

For me I felt it fell a bit short of substance, but this is because I have read " A Course in Miracles" and I am widely read in the non-fiction scene.

This book is absolutely a book for gen- y, as the style and language makes this obvious. However the adoring and funky style that Gabrielle wrote in will no doubt help those that don't want to read the hefty book A Course in Miracles , but those that want to learn a little about it.

If you want a "quick pick me up" book, then I would highly recommend this book however if you are well read and want something with substance save your money.
on October 14, 2011
I think the book starts off strong but by the end the same ideas, concepts, and stories have been used over and over. Especially about the ego, my gosh. She seems to genuinely want to help others so more power to her I just think the book could have been done differently, maybe not so autobiographical.
on September 13, 2011
I can't say enough about how much I love this book. Reading Gabby's story really inspired me and I know anyone else who reads this book will be inspired as well. She writes with such honesty and insight that you truly feel what she has gone through and how she became a spirit junkie. I had so many revelations of my own while reading this book about my own life and the path I want to take, that I know I will want to read it again and again. For anyone looking to become more connected with their true selves, this is a must read. Gabby walks the walks and talks the talk. Every chapter of Spirit Junkie makes you want to join her on her journey, and it's a journey worth taking.