Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 11-20 of 168 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 193 reviews
on March 23, 2017
Wonderful book!
on January 20, 2013
I especially liked the personal stories and also the testimonies from others about the work of the Holy Spirit in their lives. I've only read about half of the book, and I am looking forward to some challenges for the reader by the end of the book. By that I mean I hope that he gives some practical ways to move in the Spirit. He has stated that we must be in close fellowship with our Lord before we can ever move in the Spirit's power, which is true, but I'm hoping he goes further than that. Like I said, I've read only half of the book so far. I wanted to download something on my new Kindle Fire, and this was my choice. It reads really well , clear text and you can find chapters easily.
on September 2, 2015
I have tried like most of us to try to move forward in my Christian walk without guidance from God and then Holy Spirit. I found this book so helpful in learning to let go and let God move me where he wants me. He will give the needed strength and wisdom.
on September 4, 2016
I was in dire need to hear from God and to learn even deeper about the Holy Spirit. My marriage isn't God's best currently and during a real battle I woke up very early and felt that the Lord was leading me to read Spirit Rising - even though at the time I was reading another Christian author's writing. I am extremely grateful that I was led by the Spirit to close one ebook and began the journey with this writing. Thank you Pastor Cymbala for igniting my faith to believe the impossible once again. Thank You Sovereign Lord for Your Sweet Holy Spirit.
on March 1, 2013
I had always taken the Holy Spirit for granted. It talks about Him everywhere in the Bible, but I just didn't pay attention. This book will open your eyes. I felt like I had a magic wand in my pocket when I finished reading it.

So far, I have given away 2 copies of the book and I have another one on hand ... just in case. One book I gave to my minister because she asked about it. One book, I was told to take it to church with me and to give it to the first person who showed an interest in it. The person I gave it to was the one I would have least expected. The Holy Spirit works in mysterious ways!
on February 11, 2014
Listening to the Holy Spirit is the key to having our prayers answered and for being effective in the kingdom of God. Pastor Cymbala shares many stories and testimonies that magnify the work of the Holy Spirit in the midst of the Church. The Book of Revelation says over and over "to him who has ears let him hear what the Spirit is saying to the church." He shares how quieting ourself before The Lord and being deliberate to wait on Him will let us enter into what the Holy Spirit is doing in our midst today!
on June 15, 2014
This is a great resource to share with people who are unfamiliar or curious about the person of the Holy Spirit. Included are true stories that will encourage you to step out on faith and rely on the Spirit's unique workings. This is a gently powerful book - not scary or weird at all.

I have been encouraged by several of Jim's books. If you do not believe that God is real, you will have second thoughts after you read any of them. They are wonderful faith builders.
on August 14, 2016
I loved the way Jim Cymbala explained how the Holy Spirit moves in our lives. I had read a copy of this book that belonged to someone else and I was so touched by this book that I ordered my own copy. I wanted to be able to read it and highlight points in the book.
on March 27, 2016
Thank you Pastor Cymbala for a great book about The Holy Spirit! While reading, it was hard to put down, yearning for more. The stories you intertwined in this book will draw people closer to The Holy Spirit as you share how The Spirit is moving in that person's life. Thank you for a powerful book!
on June 3, 2014
This book is classic Jim Cymbala, and so it is full of Biblical truth and encouragement to surrender to the power of the Holy Spirit. There are numerous testimonies of the transforming work of Christ in life after life, and it gives all the glory to the Lord in each of those stories. I found it refreshing and challenging, and I am about to begin reading it again, feeling that it will take at least a couple of readings to even begin to assimilate the truth contained in it.