- File Size: 560 KB
- Print Length: 70 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Light of the Spirit Press (February 26, 2017)
- Publication Date: February 26, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XCB4RSK
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #13,474 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
Save $0.99 (100%)
Spiritual Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet Kindle Edition
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
The writings on vegetarianism are no exception to this. While it's wonderful that vegetarianism and veganism are becoming so mainstream due to the political, animal welfare, global environmental, and physical human health impacts, some might still not quite understand the reason behind so many spiritual paths espousing it as well. The information provided in the Spiritual Benefits of a Vegetarian Diet make it abundantly clear the subtle energetic effects and benefits of a plant-based diet, which can provide even more clarity on why adopting such a diet would be desirable.
The chapter I most love, however, is the one that goes into the Christian views of vegetarianism. So often you hear people using the verse speaking of G-d giving dominion over the animals to man as a justification for their consumption. However, as Swami Nirmalananda Giri lovingly points out, this is really based on mis-translations and misunderstandings of the true context of the scriptures. Without resorting to melodramatics or an overly righteous tone, which can easily turn off someone exploring the topic, you can hear his wisdom and compassion shine through while he highlights the actual Christian teachings on the matter. I absolutely love it!
It's an easy to read offering, which I highly recommend to any and everyone!
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Vegetarian & Vegan > Non-Vegan Vegetarian
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Diets & Weight Loss > Vegetarian
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Cookbooks, Food & Wine
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Health, Fitness & Dieting
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Vegan & Vegetarian