Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 16, 2016
The torture scenes are incredibly graphic and this one has Bulgarian villains, specifically one very sick family. It even addresses sex trafficking but I don't really buy that she'd be so drugged she'd wake up in another country and not even remember how it happened. I also believe that the cop she went to wouldn't believe her when it would be easy enough to make some phone calls to verify who she is, and he lets her go with some woman who says she runs a shelter? Plot holes aside everyone in this movie was great, and the revenge scenes were absolutely what you'd expect from this now resurrected franchise based on one cult classic. If you're looking for a really amazing revenge film watch "American Mary" but this one isn't bad if you liked the first remake.
on October 21, 2013
The SAW, Hostel, and Texas Chainsaw movies are definitely more visceral than this. After all is said and done, no one really messed with anyone's face (a la paring off ears, lips, eyelids, or noses). And,too,people were left (relatively)intact over-all. The gore came from internal things, mostly, but, this was certainly just as effective a terror agent.

The rape scenes were quite edited so I really cannot speak on all that this female character experienced. However, the first rape scene has pretty dodgy choreography;the guy playing the rapist reveals a fleeting glimpse of his phallus sock when he first unzips to do his nasty deed. These actors are not committed to the 'true sex for the authenticity' angle like the actors in 'Nine Songs' so that really made it less scary for me and I must admit that I was a bit relieved. Also, the janitor that the guy stabs 'has' to stare wide-eyed as Katie is being raped and life oozes out of him--allegedly, he dies staring. However,a few shots later reveal him with his eyes tightly shut. Another continuity issue.

The nudity was oddly wholesome and sterile. One is made to feel more sorry for and empathetic towards the woman versus being sexually piqued.

I like that the victim gets her revenge. She earned it. How often does that happen in horror flicks? Women need some kind of actor's union regarding the usual trashing of female characters. I think that some of the men who viewed this movie didn't like it because it pretty much eviscerated and shamed the concept of male domination and patriarchy after all was said and done.

Overall, the acting was above par and the movie was engaging enough to watch to the bitter end.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2015
this movie is better than the first movie, I am sure you will enjoy it......
on October 21, 2013
Let me start by saying I am reviewing the USA IMPORT UNCUT VERSION! The UK version has been heavily cut by approx. 6 minutes, the movie itself is very good, some parts of the story are a bit stupid in places and were not really necessary but the overall revenge theme thriller was good even if the best bits of revenge are in the last half hour of the film, the story is very different to the original this time its a young model who gets raped by a group of photographers, they abduct her and keep her in the basement where they perform vile torture etc., she manages to make a very random lucky escape and then act out her bloody revenge, the revenge scenes were ok nothing special but the last one with the vice is exceptionally painful to watch, how much of these scenes remains intact in the UK version I don't know as its quite graphic, as for the rape scene it was horrible yes but nothing like the original remake, the first remake overall was probably a better film, especially story wise, still this is worth checking out if you want something nasty to watch, its a pretty good movie but not brilliant.
on April 8, 2016
I normally don't expect much for re-makes, especially sequels to a re-make. But this movie kept me interested. This was brutal, and I'm kind of glad it was an off story sequel rather than playing off the original. Same similar concept, different person, and different events, which made it interesting. The first 15 minutes or so was a little weak, but definitely worth the watch through to get to everything else. Wanna see a girl get down and dirty in the revenge department? Definitely watch this. You don't even have to see the first two films either!
on January 9, 2015
I repeat the comments I made about the near same name movie staring Camille Keaton. These Lowlifes exist among us , and pray on the weak or defenseless . The criminal justice system is often ineffective because of so many Loopholes in the morass of legal contradictive mumbo jumbo. Hurrah to Jemma Dallender in her portrail of a badly abused victim. She deserves high recognition.
on July 12, 2017
What can I say. I you loved the first "I Spit", you will love this one even better.
on January 31, 2016
Um torn. It was upsetting, and I even felt a little perverted hanging in there but then the tables turn and I felt okay about it. Still these kinds of movies are not healthy for anyone. Mirror neurons see what we watch and our mind has no idea we are not doing this thing being shown. Young people should not see this. To be a man, I must say actress had one of the sweetest bottoms Ive seen in a while. I liked her mean face too. Chicks that kick as are sexy. I'm sorry any of them have to suffer like this though.
on March 12, 2017
Great movie! I'm a fan of the original banned version but I love all the remakes too!
on May 24, 2017
Thanks for the movie, when i received it was in perfect condition.