Shop Auto Winter Products Salon Beauty Best Books of the Year Black Friday Deals Week nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch For a limited time. 3 months for $0.99. Amazon Music Unlimited. New subscribers only. Terms and conditions apply. Electronics Gift Guide $24.99 for a limited time only Try it first with samples Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video Black Friday deals: save 40% or more on Amazon Video  Echo  Black Friday Deals Week: Fire tablets starting at $29.99. Limited-time offer. $30 off Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

on June 2, 2013
I am a 37 year veteran of law enforcement and have been involved in everything from basic patrol, investigations, supervision and executive administration. Dr. Spitz's text is an incredible resource for those involved in the investigation of injuries sustained by the human body, whether they be accidental or homicidal.

There is an incredible amount of written detail contained within the book, supported by explanations about the mechanism of injury, inclusive of photographs and diagrams. This book should be in the library of every individual who desires to be versed on the mechanics of human injury. Highly recommended.
on November 7, 2017
Anyone in a career field with crime scene investigations or criminal investigations , needs to read it. This book was suggested to me by a detective and expert witness for a large law enforcement agency. It is a must read for anyone looking to get into a related field.
on October 31, 2015
Great book to have in your library. Especially in a case of self defense; this can be used to show "what you knew at the time". You can see what knives will do to a human, cars, guns, etc.
on July 9, 2015
I watch many of the ER and CSI type of shows on TV. [Possibly too many?] I'm impressed by how much info they can gather just by a close examination of the physical wounds. I saw this book and thought it might make good reading in the cold winter months. So far it has, including the background on how Medical Examiners evolved and came to be. I like the book, although my kids think I'm very strange. [I prefer eccentric.] I only gave it 4 stars because the pictures are black and white. They could increase the educational value of the book by at least 100% if they would use color pictures.
on August 8, 2017
This is a great book, it's easy to read, it has excellent, detalied and graphic photographs. I highly recomend this book as a text or reference book.
on November 4, 2015
A " Must have" for anyone in the medicolegal field of studies. Purchased mine as a reference/self study book. Although aimed at the professionals in the field, it is written in such a way anyone can grasp a lot of information. Curiosity (I am a self taught/trial and error student) and the need to keep knowing more, will push you to search deeper and deeper.
on October 17, 2016
As a certified medicolegal death investigator and police instructor, I frequently turn this book as my reference.
on June 25, 2015
Amazing reference book. I bought this for a graduate course but find that I use regularly in my work. Excellent examples and very informative. Extremely heavy so I wouldn't recommend traveling with it, but it's a great resource to keep handy at your desk if your job involves crime scenes or death investigations.
on February 25, 2017
This book has everything and anything one may want to learn about Medicolegal Death Investigation. It truly is the bible of its discipline.
on September 30, 2016
If you want to know about the medical and legal aspects about death investigations, then this tome is it!