Splat Null, Lusty Lavender
- Hair Dyes
- SPLAT, Hair Color
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Color: Lusty Lavender
Caution: this product will stain. Avoid contact with clothing, furniture, countertops etc. Wear gloves when applying color. Protect hair line and top of ears with petroleum jelly to prevent color from staining skin.
Avoid contact of this product with the eyes. This product must not be used for dyeing eyelashes or eyebrows; to do so may cause blindness. This product contains ingredients which may cause skin irritation on certain individuals and a preliminary test according to accompanying directions should first be made.
Hair colorants can cause severe allergic reactions. Read and follow instructions. This product is not intended for use on persons under the age of 16. Temporary 'black henna' tattoos may increase your risk of allergy. Do not color your hair if: - you have a rash on your face or sensitive, irritated and damaged scalp, - you have ever experienced any reaction after coloring your hair, - you have experienced a reaction to a temporary 'black henna' tattoo in the past.
Keep out of reach of children.
Use on unbleached natural hair for a subtle hint of color.
Use on bleached hair for an extreme intense shocking color.
Splat Color Ingredients: Deionized Water, Phenylmethanol, Polyquaternium-7, VA/Crotonates Copolymer, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Diazolidinyl Urea may contain: Acid Red 52, Acid Yellow 3, Acid Orange 7, Acid Blue 1.
Splat Oxide Ingredients: Deionized Water, Hydrogen Peroxide.
Bleach Ingredients: Ammonium Persulfate, Cellulose Gum, EDTA, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate Hydroxide, Potassium Persulfate, Silica, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Metasilicate, Ultramarine Blue.
Top Customer Reviews
1) The color will change in intensity depending on how much product you put in your hair during dying. If you don't put in enough goo, it will turn out very light. I think the reviewers who got a pink color just didn't use enough product. If you use a ton of it, it will be very dark and deep. If you use a medium amount, it will be a medium purple. Be sure to comb it all the way through so it's not streaky. Buy two boxes--that way you know you will have enough, and if you have extra you can use it for root touch-ups! Also, make sure your hair is perfectly squeaky-clean and un-conditioned before you apply--if it's oily at all, the dye won't soak in as well.
2) It will stain your skin--use petroleum jelly on your ears, neck and forehead. ALL good hair dyes stain your skin, if it's something that soaks into your hair, it's going to soak into your skin too. I always use latex gloves when applying and rinsing, because they fit better than the dumb plasticky gloves. Also, put down some glad press n' seal on the bathroom counter top.
3) When you get the dye in, pin or clip your hair up and wrap your head in press n' seal.Read more ›
The last color I experimented with was Purple.
My hair was bleached to a light blonde color. And I used a "brass banisher" to remove the bright yellow look.
I tried Raw color: lasted only about a week, and it was more on the blue side than I was looking for.
I tried Manic Panic Amplified: that was awful! It made my hair this muddy, ashy, violet, puke color!
Finally I used SPLAT lusty lavender, thinking at least it would be better than the nasty color the others had turned my hair. But it turned out amazing! I have been using SPLAT ever since!
It is a more red based purple that is gorgeous!
OK, So here are my tips:
. Get 2 boxes! To make sure you have enough and you have some extra in case you missed a spot or need to do a root touch-up later. Also get some vinyl gloves, they work better than the ones provided.
. Bleach your hair the day before and use a good conditioner to repair it overnight.
. Wash your hair with some dish soap. Sounds strange, but you need to remove all the oils from your hair and nothing cuts grease better than dish soap. Use a quarter sized amount of dish soap and a quarter sized amount of your regular shampoo and make sure you get your roots well.
. This stuff stains very well, so cover everything! I like to put an old damp towel on the edge of the counter around the sink so when you are picking up your mirror, comb, and tint brush and setting them down you don't get purple fingerprints on your counter and sink.
.Read more ›
I am male, my hair started out exactly 16mm long, and my hair is naturally dark blonde. Given this amount of hair and this already light hair color, the provided hair bleach and hair dye were more than enough for me. I had the hair bleach in my hair for about a half hour, which thoroughly bleached my hair to a very light golden color.
This is the first time I have ever had any coloration or bleaching of my hair done, and I did this completely by myself.
Some reviewers complain of getting boils and other skin problems from the hair dye. This did not happen to me, nor does it happen to most people. However, there is a warning about this on the bottle. Some people's skin is allergic to the hair dye. The instructions give a recommended 24 hour skin test to perform before doing the full hair dye. I skipped this test and lucked out, but it would be a good idea to do it. Just plan on waiting 24 hours before performing the real hair dye.
Here is the list of items I used:
- Latex gloves. The gloves provided in the kit are enormous, and you will need at least two sets of gloves.
- Splat Pink hair dye kit
- Glad Plastic Wrap
- Petroleum jelly
- Paper Towels
- Plastic hair cap / shower cap
- Hand-held mirror, in addition to the fixed bathroom mirror
Here is the procedure I followed:
- Wash hair with a bar of plain soap in shower
- Dry hair thoroughly
- Apply petroleum jelly on forehead, ears, and all around the hair line
- Bleach hair using Splat's provided bleach. Follow bleach directions and make sure to use gloves.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This review is for the lightening bleach dye. This stuff seriously works great! I know people complain the bleach burns. But what I did was I deliberately avoided the scalp. Read morePublished 2 days ago by nonameplz
I do have to say I did not purchase fromamazon but Walmart. I used the lightened and the dye the only good thing was the bleach... it really just dyed his scalped blue... Read morePublished 2 days ago by DM_gal
I have to admit that I must not have read the description very thoroughly before I ordered because I had been expecting it to be just like all the other Splat hair colors, just a... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Jubilee A Krump
WARNING: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, PURCHASE OR USE SPLAT HAIR DYES!
Absolute worst possible hair dye on the market. Read more
I thought this was permanent black hair dye but it didnt last that long on my hair. I will not buy again.Published 8 days ago by Anay
I bleached my hair to a pale blonde before using this color, and it still turned out so dark it looks more black than blue. Read morePublished 9 days ago by Amazon Customer
Honestly, everywhere I go, someone says something about my hair!
I love it!
It mouldve been great if the dye hadn't EXPLODED ON IT'S WAY HERE!!!! I ordered two boxes and I can't use either, because the dye exploded before I even opened the package.Published 14 days ago by Venus Hickel