Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping.
Ship it to us for free.
We are unable to process your trade-in order.
About the product
- The only game with a combination of massive enemies, over-the-top gore and the ability to regenerate body parts real-time
- Inspired from icons of the horror genre, including H.P. Lovecraft & Simon Bisley
- AAA reinvention of the famed Splatterhouse title that launched the horror-escape genre and invited the very first parental advisory for a video game (for gore), uniting an existing fan base and recruiting a new one
- Supercharged soundtrack with songs from today's most influential Heavy Metal artists
- The Classic Franchise Returns - An innovative reinvention of a classic category-killer with an original storyline inspired by Gordon Rennie (Necronauts, Judge Dredd)
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Namco Splatterhouse 21023 PC Games
From the Manufacturer
Metal heads, horror freaks and hardcore action gamers, unite! Rick Taylor and the Terror Mask are back, tearing, cutting and beating their way through inhuman abominations and hordes of the undead in a tale of love, mutilation and near-insanity. A wall of metal tunes underscores blood-soaked battles with massive bosses, brutal weapons, over-the-top gore and real-time regeneration. And while your ears are ringing, a new Splatterkill System lets you get your hands bloody!
Follow Rick and his mysterious Terror Mask as he unmercifully tears, cuts and beats his way through denizens of unearthly creatures in an epic adventure to rescue his girlfriend from the clutches of deranged occult figure Dr. West. Embodying the unfiltered, primal aggression of its namesake, Splatterhouse combines visceral, adrenaline-soaked combat with horror elements to deliver an original gaming experience that defies the boundaries of the traditional action category with over the-top gore and shocking new gameplay mechanics.
Key Game Features
- The Classic Franchise Returns – An innovative reinvention of a classic category-killer with an original storyline inspired by Gordon Rennie (Necronauts, Judge Dredd)
- Re-imagined Enemies – Classic enemies have evolved into horrific monsters of radical proportions and shocking detail
- Extreme Gore – Splatterhouse pulls no punches, taking gore and shock value to the next level with physics-driven fluids and organ parts flying in all directions
- Regeneration – Real time physical damage and regeneration shows the rebuilding of bone, muscle and skin
- Pulse-Pounding Combat – Use Rick’s deep set of moves, improvised weapons, environmental attacks, and unique enemy AI to obliterate enemies at each turn
- Engaging combo system that opens up to gruesome Splatterkills, which destroy your enemies with gory and cinematic effects
- Terrifying enemies and epic-scale bosses provide unnerving experiences and memorable challenges
- Diverse environments with H.P. Lovecraft-influenced style are coupled with a world-class heavy metal soundtrack and custom music score, keeping the tone tense and eerie
- Utilize weapons of all kinds to bludgeon your enemies, from classic 2X4’s to chainsaws to your enemies’ own limbs
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Splatterhouse for the Xbox 360 is the game for you!
With 8 chapters of over the top violence, gore, swearing, and juvenile attempts at titillation, Splatterhouse offers hours of fun to the slasher-minded individual!
As bonus you can even unlock the horrifying experiences that were the Original Splatterhouse trilogy.
What are you still doing reading this? Get your mom to take you down to the Blockbuster and rent this bad boy, and be sure she doesn't look at the back cover.
It's a pity that the game ended on a cliffhanger, and apparently is not going to be resolved any time soon.
Some of the issues I had with this game are the long load times, along with a few points in the game where I got lost.
These could've probably been addressed if the game developers were allowed additional time to polish and optimize the game.
In any event, if you have patience, and are willing to muscle through some of the rough spots, the game is enjoyable.
The story has a fair share of twists and turns, yet is pretty decent.
The voice acting is awesome. The actors and actress did great work, and it's a pity that we don't get to see them... err... hear them finish the story they helped start.
Please note, this game is not for the feint of heart.
There is plenty of gore, and disturbing imagery.
Children should NEVER be in the same room as you while you play this game.
The game does take some strategy with the fights even though it's very repetitive and you pretty much just kill everything in sight. The visuals are nice, the voices and storyline are solid and interesting, and so far the game seems to last around 7 hrs, not counting the three original sega genesis titles you are able to unlock, or the survival mode.
The story is pretty much you and your girlfriend go to a mansion, the Evil Dr.West kidnaps her and tries to kill you. You obtain a mask which seems to be very evil but also makes you a force to be reckoned with. But also saves your life. I'm not finished with the game yet so I can't give you too much of the storyline, but that'the gist from the word jump.
The killing is fun, the graphics and blood are great, the cut scenes are nice, and the quick time events to defeat bosses and break through walls etc.. are cool in my book. If you want a thinking mans game this is not for you, if you don't mind repetition, violence, cursing, and a little nudity then you may have as much fun with this as I am.
Totally worth the $26 Amazon had it on sale for.
Grade Rating: B
The remake is extremely bloody/gory and the graphics are very detailed. But it's a game that I'll just play through once. Love the originals though, and glad to have those in this collection.