Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Splendid Cities: Color Your Way to Calm Paperback – June 9, 2015
The World's Most Valuable Children's Books
Humble children's books from years past can be immensely valuable. Learn more on AbeBooks.com.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
About the Author
Rosie Goodwin lives and works in east London. Her London walks and more distant travels inspire her work in film and media.
Alice Chadwick is an illustrator who lives and works in East London. Her work appears in newspapers, magazines and books.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top customer reviews
With every illustration covering two pages this is a wonderful book to spend quality time actually coloring the same picture with your children. My grandchildren love two page illustrations that two of them can color together or color with me.
1. This square (9 ¾ x9 3/4inch) book has 84 pages to color, front and back or each page, printed on heavy weight , bright white paper.
2. Each of the 42 illustrations cover two pages.
3. Each illustration includes traveling companions’ to locate as you color, they include, dolphins, swans, bees, seahorses, geese, birds and more.
4. This book is great for colored pencils, crayons, and the following coloring mediums DID NOT leak through the pages in my test (Fiskars Gel Pens, Irma Gel Pens, Staedtler Triplus Fibre tip pens, and Staedtler Triplus Fine liners,)
5. These markers leak through the pages and will ruin the illustration on the back of the page you are coloring so actually would ruin 2 illustrations because they are all 2 pages. (Bic mark it (fine and ultra Fine), Sharpie (Ultra fine and fine), Pentel color pen Fine point color markers, Stabilo fineliner 30 point 88 (these leaked through the least of the markers that leaked through the pages with spotty leakage in heavily colored areas, but I wouldn’t trust them)
6. The details vary within each illustration from small to medium.
Illustrations include: :, the jungle, circus tents, sky scrapers, forest, Montreal, seaside cities, Amsterdam, Medieval city, adobe village, enchanted world, Bombay, Moscow and more.
My only negative aspect is that many of the pictures consists of being on two pages, hard to get to the section in-between the two pages. I would prefer that they be perforated so they could be taken out and then taped together when finished to make the whole picture.
(An older or very skilled child would also enjoy. As a past teacher, I observed that children who had trouble focusing or behavioral issues always enjoyed the freedom of art.)
I just went back to design my inside cover; I don't want to give away the amazing pictures inside the book. You have to buy it and see for yourself.