- Hardcover: 480 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (April 25, 2011)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470688246
- ISBN-13: 978-0470688243
- Product Dimensions: 6.8 x 1.2 x 9.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,098,227 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Spoken Language Understanding: Systems for Extracting Semantic Information from Speech 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who bought this item also bought
“The book also contains references to existing datasetsthat can be used by researchers interested in the field; these,together with the presented baseline, equip one with the necessarytools to step into this very daring and fascinatingdomain.” (Zentralblatt MATH, 2012)
From the Back Cover
Spoken language understanding (SLU) is an emerging field in betweenspeech and language processing, investigating human/ machine andhuman/ human communication by leveraging technologies from signalprocessing, pattern recognition, machine learning and artificialintelligence. SLU systems are designed to extract the meaning fromspeech utterances and its applications are vast, from voice searchin mobile devices to meeting summarization, attracting interestfrom both commercial and academic sectors.
Both human/machine and human/human communications can benefitfrom the application of SLU, using differing tasks and approachesto better understand and utilize such communications. This bookcovers the state-of-the-art approaches for the most popular SLUtasks with chapters written by well-known researchers in therespective fields.
Key features include:
- Presents a fully integrated view of the two distinctdisciplines of speech processing and language processing for SLUtasks.
- Defines what is possible today for SLU as an enablingtechnology for enterprise (e.g., customer care centers or companymeetings), and consumer (e.g., entertainment, mobile, car, robot,or smart environments) applications and outlines the key researchareas.
- Provides a unique source of distilled information on methodsfor computer modeling of semantic information in human/machine andhuman/human conversations.
This book can be successfully used for graduate courses inelectronics engineering, computer science or computationallinguistics. Moreover, technologists interested in processingspoken communications will find it a useful source of collatedinformation of the topic drawn from the two distinct disciplines ofspeech processing and language processing under the new area ofSLU.
Try the Kindle edition and experience these great reading features:
No customer reviews
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|