Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Spongebob Squarepants: Season 7
Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now

Format: DVD|Change

on December 6, 2011
Ever since the release of "Spongebob Squarepants: Season 4 Volume 1 & 2" I have been getting so annoyed with the volumes of releases of the Spongebob Squarepants DVD sets. I am a huge Spongebob fan and I made a vow/promise to myself to own every single episode of Spongebob Squarepants. You do not know how happy I am to be holding a whole season, ALL OF SEASON 7, in my hands right now! Merry Christmas to me!

Anyway, let me tell you what you would be purchasing. For $20.99 or whatever the amount Amazon.com puts on it, you get the following episodes on 4 discs:

Disc 1

11. ENCHANTED TIKI DREAMS
12. THE ABRASIVE SIDE
13. EARWORM

Disc 4
1. HIDE AND THEN WHAT HAPPENS?
2. SHELLBACK sHENANIGANS

1. BACK TO THE PAST
2. SPONGEBOB'S LAST STAND
3. LEGEND'S OF BIKINI BOTTOM
4. THE GREAT PATTY CAPER

On the back of the box, it says the following:

Get ready to squeeze out more than 9 hours of hilarity in season 7 of Spongebob Squarepants! This 4-disc set features Spongebob's entire modeling career, Squidward's whole public television career, and Mrs. Puff's complete Krusty Krab career. Plus, you get a hilarious whodunit, a song you won't easily forget, a slimy love story, the entire multi-chapter special "Legends of Bikini Bottom," and oceans more!

This DVD set, which is not in a box like seasons 1-3, is as follows:

8. CANADA RATED G
9. ANIMATED
10. CLOSED CAPTIONED
11. SPECIAL FEATURES NOT RATED

That is everything. You get over 9 hours of Spongebob hilarity! If you or anyone you know likes Spongebob at all, or any one of the Spongebob characters including Patchy the Pirate, then this box set is for you. Everyone, and I do mean every character is in it! My favorite character is Gary and he is right on the cover of the box! So, don't be snail-ish and purchase this box set today!

Have a Sponge-erific day! I hope I helped!
66 comments| 55 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 16, 2012
I'm a longtime fan of Spongebob, and even as I near 30 it's one of the few TV shows that gets me to literally laugh outloud. And the fact that season 7 was actually released as a full season, as opposed to being split into two or more "volumes" like the last few sets, is a major plus. (In fact, I question if some of the more overzealous reviewers are giving it 5 stars just for that fact alone.) I've stuck by the series and defended it along the way, even through seasons 4/5/6 when many other fans were getting bored with it and moving on to other things. However, with season 7, I am indeed beginning to wonder if maybe my favorite cartoon isn't becoming a bit stale after all.

That's not to say these newer episodes are terrible, because they can actually be quite entertaining in the moment. But at the same time they're instantly forgettable once they're over. Seriously, for a box set containing 50(!) episodes, I really can't think of any stand-out moments to highlight as I sit here typing this review. That's how much of an impression it left on me, lol. What I loved about the early shows was that they were chock-full of catchy songs, hilarious quotes, memorable adventures, and the occasional touch of naughtiness that I can still recall with no hesitation, and none of that brand of creativity is really present here in full force. In other words none of the episodes on this set are destined to become "classics," if that makes sense. Obviously a young child might have a different take on it, but as an adult who can normally appreciate these kinds of things, it left something to be desired.

If you're a collector, by all means indulge. Even for a "just okay" product it's relatively inexpensive and I don't regret the purchase. There's still some lighthearted fun to be had, after all. However, more casual Spongebob fans will probably want to stick with the first two or three seasons when the show was at its most innovative.
on January 4, 2014
My son really enjoys this season of sponge bob, he said he would give it a five out of five rating.
on December 3, 2015
Spongebob went to barnacles after season 3. Season 4 and 5 had a few gems like House Fancy but after season 5 its been a downward spiral. That being said that fact that I'm a bitter, nostalgic '90's kid writing reviews for Spongebob Squarepants I think you should take my opinion with a grain of sand.
on December 7, 2013
Our granddaughter loves to watch SpongeBob with Grandpa. It's their favorite show to enjoy during their visits and special times.
on January 2, 2014
My 9 year old granddaughter just can't get enough of Sponge Bob and it has kept her laughing and laughing this week.
on February 9, 2012
My family are Spongebob fans, and I've been hooked since "Jellyfish Jam". I agree with the other reviewers that the show has gone downhill since the movie. See other reviews for episode list.

PROs:
9 hours of Spongebob for twenty bucks
ENTIRE season instead of two purchases of half a season (Studio soaking their fans for cash)
MUCH better than Season 6
"Earworm" episode is pretty good

CONs:
"My Sister Sam" episode with Patrick's sister is pretty dumb
Not as good as the first 3 Seasons

Season 7 is a big improvement over 6 (Vikings, really?) but I think this show has seen better days. Overall, I love to turn off my brain after a stressful day at work and watch Plankton try to get the formula or Patrick be an idiot. Recommended.
on May 14, 2016
This is great to watch with our 7 month old grandson. He watches the song and then goes and plays. We of course watch the rest. We have never seen anything inappropriate for children and that is very refreshing. It's all very silly humor.
VINE VOICEon June 13, 2016
I'm over spongebob, but my kids could sit and watch it for hours, for that I give it 5 stars for being my babysitter when I really need to wash the dishes, do the laundry or hide in my closet eating a Hershey bar in the darkness.
on January 23, 2016
I am a grandmother who used to sit and watch SpongeBob with my grandson when he was little. He's now 18 and outgrew the show long ago, but I STILL love this program. There is usually a moral to the story, but even if there isn't I just enjoy the happiness of the sponge!!!