SPON'S MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL SERVICES PRICE BOOK continues to be the most comprehensive and best annual services engineering price book currently available, providing detailed pricing information across the full range of mechanical and electrical services, together with higher-level costs for a diverse range of systems and different building applications.
This year’s book contains reworked information on energy, and additional engineering design details, plus more design schematics for M&E services. Overall, the market continues to be depressed, but the detailed picture is more complex. Margins are being squeezed heavily but steel and copper prices are robust and labour rates are driven by agreements.
All the standard features you have come to expect from SPON'S MECHANICAL AND ELECTRICAL SERVICES PRICE BOOK are also included, considered essential for today’s services cost professional:
- detailed materials prices, labour constants, labour costs and measured work prices for mechanical and electrical works, from above ground drainage to automatic transfer switches, and circuit breakers to sprinkler systems
- an extensive Approximate Estimating section for quick, rule-of-thumb pricing of mechanical or electrical installations, together with elemental services costs for different types and standard of buildings
- full details of wage rates, daywork and cost indices on a national and Central London basis.
- an overhauled index and guidance notes
- Updated, free of charge, two or three times a year – see inside for registration details. Updates are available online at www.pricebooks.co.uk
Buyers of this 2011 edition can make a free internet download of SPON’S MECHANICAL & ELECTRICAL SERVICES price data, which will run to the end of 2011 and:
- produce estimate and tender documents
- generate priced or unpriced schedules
- adjust rates and data and enter rogue items
- export schedules into Excel
- carry out an index search.
This year, for the first time, the resources include a versatile and powerful ebook.