Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

Spooky Town
Format: DVD|Change

on August 7, 2015
1.) This is a 1999 Romanian/Canadian/American production.
2.) A year's 2013 copyright AND cover art is misleading.
3.) The children on the DVD-cover are NOT in this movie.
4.) "Moonbeam Films" re-releases older children's films.
------------- AKA: 1999's "Phantom Town" -------------
5.) This movie is listed at 90 minutes, but is actually 81.
6.) The vomit AND blood in this movie is green; violence is cartoonish.

Three kids search for missing parents in a ''phantom'' western ghost town.
Creepy townsfolk; Hallowe'en fun... no offensive potty-words or sexual themes.

Filmed in Romania---next to The Translvanian castle, no doubt---Vlad and crew do
a good job with the sets and SF/X for most of the 81 minutes. The weakest parts
are the scenes with the kids singing and shooting unsuppervised fireworks off..
Definite campy schlock for the young set... in an inoffensive, after-school,
G-O-O-S-E-B-U-M-P-S kind of way.
on March 16, 2016
I used to own this movie on VHS, back when it was called "Phantom Town". I don't know why they changed the name. Personally, I think Phantom Town sounds better than Spooky Town, but that's neither here nor there.

The movie itself is by no means, an award winner. It was never intended to be. It's simply a fun, campy, kids movie. It's similar to Goosebumps, if that helps.

For years, I kept telling my husband that I was going to buy it in DVD it I ever saw it. That promise held true when I found it here on Amazon. It's quite ridiculous, just how excited I got when I found it. I'm almost 35 years old and totally love this cheesy, kids flick. I don't know if that means i'm a kid at heart, or that I have terrible taste in movies. Either way, i'm very pleased with my purchased.

On the evening it arrived, I sat the kids down, popped the DVD in and enjoyed some snuggle time with them. My teenagers weren't all too interested (though they've seen it a dozen times in the passed), but my younger ones enjoyed it (they're 5, 7 and 8). We've watched it two additional times since then and will soon be watching it a third time. I seriously don't get tired of this movie. Again, there's nothing super special about it, it's just fun.

Id love to see a equal to this movie. "Return to Phantom Town". Or, since the name has changed, "Return to Spooky Town". Seriously, who was the genius that said "Spooky Town sounds better. Let's change the name"?

I would definitely recommend this movie to those who enjoy silly, campy, flicks. It's good, clean (and cheesy), family fun
on July 14, 2016
Movie was something different and not quite what I expected. It kept me guessing all the way through and the ending was really unexpected. The acting was generally good and the plot was interesting to say the least. This would be a great movie to share around Halloween!!
on March 24, 2015
This is a wonderful movie if u like goosebumps or rl stine you will love this movie it's great to watch alone and with small children it's a non bloody ghost story also goes by the orginal title phantom town ,1999
on October 11, 2016
Nauseatingly gross. I am shocked anyone would think this is appropriate for children.
on November 5, 2015
A great movie kind of strange though but an okay movie
on May 19, 2016
Good movie
VINE VOICEon April 4, 2013
Spooky Town, aka Phantom Town, released 1999, is a sort of carnival, cartoonish, thrill ride for kids with lots of bark but no real bite.

A group of siblings search for their missing parents in a western themed, ghost town stuck out in the dark, isolated desert. Enter zombie-like townsfolk, plenty of shocking, creepy music and shadowy situations. It's a Halloween funhouse run amok.

Although low budget, they do a pretty good job with the sets, sound effects, shakey camera and stressful encounters to keep kids on edge or entertained for 90 minutes. I think way too stressful for little ones even though they never show blood- just green goo and everything comes across like a cartoon strip. Definitely campy and cheesy and best for pre-adolescents and above, no language, nudity, or sex, it might make a good Halloween night or slumber party flick.

No extras or scene selection on our copy.
on June 20, 2017
The story comes from life, higher than life. If I had, I must find someone like the hero. The overall effect of the film is not bad. My brother and I watched it together. I think the movie would be better if it ended a little bit more sad. I don't know what other people think, but I think it's a good movie.
on June 20, 2017
The plot is exciting. Not bad. If there's one next, I'll be looking forward to it. I like the hero. The ending was wonderful. In those days, the movie was pretty good. I watch it with my mother.