Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Sport-Brella Portable All-Weather and Sun Umbrella. 8-Foot Canopy. Blue.
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- UPF 50+ PROTECTION. The Sport-Brella will keep your skin safe and protected from over 99.5% of UVA and UVB rays. With side panels for extra protection and wind flaps for ventilation, you’ll get everything you need from this oversized umbrella.
- RUGGED AND DURABLE COVER. 8-foot canopy is made of 210 D Polyester for the fundamental all-weather protection. It is supported be 4.5 mm steel ribs and a 5 mm steel stretcher.
- LARGE CANOPY W/ WINDOWS. This easy set up shelter protects you and your team, anytime, anywhere. The side zippered windows are for easy airflow and visibility. If you’re spending your days at the field, or the beach, stay shaded with the Sport-Brella.
- WATER REPELLENT AND WEATHER PROTECTION. Protect yourself from rain, wind, or sun with the Sport-Brella. The water repellent structure will keep you dry and relaxed on rainy game days, or cool from the warm summer sun at the beach.
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED. This easily portable umbrella kit covers all the basics. When broken down it stores as a 54”x4”x4” unit and weighs 9 lbs. Keep everything in the easy carry bag, including the 8 steel ground stakes and 3 tie-down cords (8ft each).
- NOTE: The Sport-Brella XL is not recommended for extreme wind conditions
- TIP: If conditions are windy, use 2 Anchor Cords with the Heavy-Duty Ground Stakes for extra wind security
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
The Game Doesn’t Stop For The Weather
A beach umbrella, sun tent, rain shelter, and more, the Sport-Brella gives you instant, portable protection from the elements regardless of your activity. The Sport-Brella sets up in seconds and features a large canopy that shields an entire family or team while lounging on the beach or cheering on the team from the sidelines.
Protection To Go
The Sport-Brella offers full cover protection, as the rugged umbrella structure includes side flaps that fold down to protect you from sideways rain and wind gusts. The umbrella is also sun-safe, with a UPF 50+ coating that protects users from more than 99.5 percent of UVA and UVB rays. And to keep you cool on sunny days, the Sport-Brella offers top wind vents and side zippered windows for cross-ventilation. The Sport-Brella measures 8 feet wide when open, and 54 x 4 x 4 inches when folded. The unit comes with a convenient carrying bag plus tethers and ground stakes for extra stability.
Sport-Brella stands for thoughtful design and practical innovation, developed with passion for a life spent outdoors. Quality products combine the best of convenience, technology, and style to provide all-season protection from the sun, wind, and rain. Sport-Brella products deliver durable yet lightweight construction for convenient transport, plus quick and easy setup for the field, beach, campground, tailgate party and more.
Stay safe and protected from the sun or the rain with the Sport-Brella for all your outdoor adventures. Whether it’s time for the football championships, or you’re spending your day on the shore, be confident that you have shelter with this 8 ft. wide canopy umbrella. With UPF 50+ protection, and 99.5% protection from UVA and UVB light, you’ll have a place to go whenever you need it.
Easy to set up and break down, this portable structure includes an easy to carry bag with a strap, 8 steel ground stakes, and 3, 8ft. tie down cords. The canopy is made of durable and water resistant 210 D Polyester that won’t rip or tear. Held together with 4.5 mm steel ribs and a 5 mm steel stretcher, it won’t flap in the wind. The side panel zippered windows allow for optimal airflow and visibility whenever you need it while the internal pockets allow you to store unused stakes, valuables, and cords.
Use the Sport-Brella for all your favorite sports adventures. Cheer on your favorite player as they hustle down the field, or give them a cool snack during half time under the shade, it will never let you down.
Top customer reviews
A number of reviews complain about it catching the wind and failing.... well it is a HUGE umbrella and ALL umbrellas will catch the wind and blow inside out if you don't orient them properly. An umbrella this huge catches a LOT of wind even when breezes are quite light.
If you can't tell which way the wind is blowing, and you can't handle a normal umbrella in the wind at the bus stop you will probably screw up big time with this monster. But anyone who can figure out how to point the top into the breeze will love this thing. (Hint, turn your head until the wind noise sounds even in both your ears; now you are looking directly upwind. That is the direction in which the top of the umbrella must be constantly maintained both while you are deploying it and after it is set up. Turn it away from that direction at your own risk and to the peril of those people down the beach from you. And DO NOT let children set it up without your supervision. An errant gust could rip it from their hands in an instant sending it tumbling into other beach goers.)
I know that sounds condescending, but it is not meant to be. I taught sailing most of my life and so I know first hand that most people really honestly do not know how to tell which way the wind is blowing. It isn't hard to figure out, but if you are one of those people who has never thought about it much, ......well.... figure it out before you open this on the beach and either get it ripped from your grasp or blown inside-out and broken. An umbrella this size filled with wind from even a very, very gentle breeze will generate forces so great that it that will positively astound most non-sailors.
One caveat: If you are at a venue or beach where the wind swirls around a lot varying in direction by more than about 120 degrees this may be a poor choice because in that situation you cannot set it up such that the top is reliably always pointed into the wind.
This is NOT like a big cafe umbrella you see at outdoor tables. It is not that heavy duty and not meant to be. It sticks into the sand, not into a weighted cast iron base under the table. You wouldn't use this in place of a cafe umbrella. It would not be suited to the task.
The center support pole is relatively skinny. This is good since it lets you push it into the sand better. I have had beach umbrellas with large diameter poles, and ones with small diameter poles; small always beats out large for getting a good "set" deep into the sand. If the Sport-Brella is deployed as shown in the photos with one edge down onto the sand and the top pointed into the wind, you don't need to get the center pole terribly deep as the wind will only try to shove it in deeper, not pull it out.
Other reviewers spoke of some sort of cardboard insert in the pole that was difficult to remove without doing damage. I guess they fixed that because mine had nothing of the sort. The whole thing was very easy to unpack and deploy. (September 2014)
The included storage/carry case (bag) is a little over four feet long so it isn't going to fit in the bottom of your suitcase but ought to fit into most automobile back seats or trunks with out any issues. It has a strap to sling it over your shoulder leaving your hands free for coolers, beach chairs, whatever as you walk down to your favorite spot. Nothing fancy, but it works.
Overall I love this thing as a portable beach cabana/shelter.
At the beach, the wind was fairly strong (around 8-10mph), but the Sport-Brella held up great for our weekend trip! I found that putting sand around the edges of the umbrella, to help support the anchors was helpful. The flaps that allow wind kept me shaded, cool and breezy. I've used other cheap beach umbrellas that would have buckled under the wind gusts that we had today. It even rained for a few minutes, but my wife and I stayed nice and chill under the Brella. We loved it! We're the kind of folks who love to sit on the beach from 9am until the sun goes down and this made the beach THAT much more enjoyable.
- Quick, painless setup.
- Easy takedown with a bag that fits everything easily.
- Great price for the product, mine was on sale, but still retail price is worth it.
- Provides good shade for two people, with good breeze with flaps.
- The included pouches on the sides aren't too helpful, more helpful to fill with sand for stabilization.
- The center anchor pole isn't a sturdy anchor at the beach, but works ok.
- Hard to use full size or large chairs under the umbrella, the small and lower to the ground work better.
Overall, highly recommend the umbrella, made our beach trip MUCH more enjoyable not as worried getting sunburned and hot in the sun.