Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "SportDOG Brand FieldTrainer 425 Remote Trainer - 5..." and save 10% off the $169.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
SportDOG Brand FieldTrainer 425 Remote Trainer - 500 Yard Range - Waterproof, Rechargeable Dog Training Collar with Tone, Vibration, and Shock
- E-collar that features 500 yard range and can be used to train 3 dogs with the same Remote Transmitter with purchase of additional Add-A-Dog Collars (SDR-AF); Collar Receiver fits dogs 8 pounds or larger with neck sizes 5" - 22"
- The Remote Transmitter's dial allows you to instantly select one of the 7 levels of static stimulation in low or medium ranges while the buttons allow you to deliver your choice of momentary (nick) or continuous stimulation. You also have the option to train with vibration (buzz) and tone (beep)
- Both the Remote Transmitter and Collar Receiver feature our DryTek technology making them waterproof and submersible to 25 feet
- Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries charge in 2 hours and last 50-70 hours per charge; The Remote Transmitter and Collar Receiver both feature a low battery indicator and can be charged at the same time using the included split-end charger
- Remote Transmitter button functions can be customized; Detailed operating guide, training DVD, and a locally based Customer Care Center, available 6 days a week, provide support when you need it
- By designing our products in the field, with heat, cold, rain, snow, dust, mud, and wind in mind, SportDOG has become the most recognized brand in the electronic tracking and training categories, making the promise to always create "Gear The Way You'd Design It"
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Gear The Way You'd Design It
That’s not some marketing mumbo jumbo written by a bunch of suits. We really are just like you and your buddies: Obsessed with dogs and hunting. And like you, we spend as much time as possible walking the prairie, roaming the woods, or searching the sky from a waterfowl blind.
About The SportDOG Brand FieldTrainer 425
The FieldTrainer 425 takes the most advanced, industry-leading technology that SportDOG Brand has ever built into its e-collars and packaged it up in the most compact system ever offered. Ideal for training in the yard, field, or for hunting with close-working dogs, the SD-425 allows you to switch instantly between 7 levels of low/medium static stimulation, as well as vibration and tone options.
- 500 yard range
- 7 levels of low/medium stimulation
- Vibration and tone
- Expandable to 3 dogs with purchase of additional collars (SDR-AF)
- DryTek waterproof and submersible to 25 feet
- Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries last 50-70 hours per charge
- For dogs 8 pounds or larger
- Fits neck sizes 5"-22"
How It Works
The FieldTrainer 425 is the perfect system for introducing your dog to in-the-field training, or for hunting with close-working dogs. This series is loaded with technical breakthroughs in the smallest package available in this price range. Features such as 3-dog capability and waterproof/submersible Transmitter and Receiver are among the most advanced features ever offered in a mid-range training system. With 500 yards of range, this palm-of-the-hand sized model and comfortable 'soft-coat' transmitter finish makes the unit a pleasure to use.
- Remote Transmitter
- Collar Receiver on 3/4" Black Collar Strap
- Charging Adaptor
- Standard and Long Contact Points
- Test Light Tool
- Operating Guide
- Basic Training Manual and DVD
|FieldTrainer 425||FieldTrainer 425S (For Large or Stubborn Dogs)|
|500 Yard Range||✓||✓|
|7 Levels of Low/Medium Stimulation||✓|
|7 Levels of Medium/High Stimulation||✓|
|Vibration and Tone Options||✓||✓|
|Expandable to 3 dogs||✓||✓|
|DryTek Waterproof and Submersible||✓||✓|
|Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Batteries||✓||✓|
|For Large or Stubborn Dogs||✓|
The FieldTrainer 425 takes the most advanced, industry-leading technology that SportDOG Brand has ever built into its e-collars and packaged it up in the most compact system ever offered. Ideal for training in the yard or field, or for hunting with close-working dogs, the SD-425 allows you to switch instantly between 7 levels of low/medium stimulation, as well as train with vibration and tone.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
DirectionsThe SportDOG FieldTrainer A-Series 500 Yard Remote Trainer is ideal for maintaining control of your dogs while they're out in the field. This kit includes SportDOG's most advanced technology in their most compact collar yet! The collar boasts a 500 yard range so that you can train your pup in a wide, open field and is waterproof and submersible up to 25 feet to work in diverse circumstances. SportDOG FieldTrainer A-Series 500 Yard Remote Trainer offers 7 levels of stimulation, vibration, and tone to offer you optimal control. The package also includes a test light, charger, operating guide, lanyard, and basic training manual and DVD. A well-trained dog is invaluable, so you should use the best system available- order this field trainer for your dog today! Key Features: 7 levels of stimulation Range of up to 500 yards 2-hour quick charge
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Color||Black||Blacks & Grays||Blacks & Grays||Black||1 dog set||N/A|
|Item Dimensions||6.9 x 3.2 x 9.4 in||6.81 x 3.12 x 9.4 in||8 x 6 x 3 in||9.7 x 12.6 x 3.7 in||3 x 2 x 1 in||2.5 x 5.9 x 5.9 in|
|Item Weight||1.2 lbs||1.3 lbs||—||3.4 lbs||—||1 lb|
|Size||adjustable||—||adjustable||Obsolete 1900NCP||1 dog set||adjustable|
|Additional Features||Waterproof||Waterproof||Behavioral Control||Behavioral Control||Adjustable, Rechargeable, Easy to Clean||Waterproof|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
1) The longer prongs were included in the box, i'm not sure if he got a knock off or just didn't see them, but they are there.
2) Other guy who had his clasp come off with a leash, the manual clearly says DO NOT use the collar with a leash, have the dog wear a separate collar if your going to take it for a walk, think about it, if its on a leash the prongs are digging into the skin and if the dog ever pulls on the leash that has to hurt it. So I suggest you read the manual. Shock collars are not designed to replace the main collar's duties such as walks, it's solely there for disciplinary and training actions.
Now that that's off my chest I can tell you guys that you will not be disappointed by this collar. The receiver is small and lightweight as is the transmitter. It has 7 shock settings, a tone button, and a vibrate setting. I used the tone, vibrate, shock method with my dog and it took her one day to realize a tone meant a shock was coming and now I rarely have to shock her, I just give her a tone.
I've heard complaints that there is no safety switch so you might accidentally shock your dog. There is no way that could happen.. the buttons are flush with the rest of the remote and are not that sensitive, so an accidental shock is unlikely, plus if your that worried about it switch it to vibrate, that doesn't hurt the dog in anyway.
Were going on about a month of owning this collar and it still performs fantastically, its 100% water proof and has performed even after the countless times my dog decided to roll around in the mud and then go swim in the river, its never failed on me. A charge lasts me about 4-8 days depending on how often I use it and charging time is probably only about 2 hours.
This product has surely met my expectations and then some and i'm sure it will meet yours. My dog is by far more obedient now then it was before I purchased this collar and it was one of the best purchases I made for her. Hopefully this helped you guys out!
We could see why she was given up.
Then we tried this collar and it was a MIRACLE. We read and followed the training guide and she responded to the immediate feedback right away and it changed her life. She now listens and understands her place in our home. She is much less nervous and has stopped destroying her home as she is comfortable in her role as a dog. We can allow her off leash at our lake home where she can swim and chase tennis balls with no concern that she will hunt the ducks etc. or run away to play with neighbor children who may be frightened of her. She listens and even if she gets out the front door as a guest comes in, she comes right back instead of dashing off into the street.
In short, it might seem cruel to use a shock collar but it is quite the opposite. The Sportdog Field Trainer might seem like a hunting dog tool but it is really a family dog maker too. For our dog, it actually gave her freedom and we get compliments on how well she listens all the time since we have used the collar. Wouldn't be without this powerful tool when training.
I am not a hunter, so I don't use the Field Trainer to "work" my dogs. I have two lovely rescue dogs - neither clearly ever lived inside a home before we met. They peed in the house, chewed on whatever they pleased, dug up my ENTIRE garden. I used to cry because they were so bad. We worked with them on a lot of their issues, but some seemed impossible. Long story short - my 40 lbs beagle pit bull mix is very strong and follows his nose - the best of both breeds. I couldn't keep him under control if he saw another dog, a lizard, bunny, etc. My smaller 25 lb mutt also has a very strong prey drive and is absolutely nasty to other dogs...but only when she's on a leash. Leash laws...she's always on a leash when off property.
With PROPER USE, these collars have been a wonderful TOOL.
Proper use: you're using electronic means to train your dog, not punish them. Read every word of the manual and training booklet, watch the DVD that comes with the set. I tried the collar on myself so I know exactly what it feels like. I would consider my dogs both to be "stubborn" but I only use the lowest power setting (see my first paragraph) and generally use the 1-3 levels on the dial and only go up to 5 if I've lost them and their senses are overly heightened. I wouldn't even mess with the Stubborn Dog model.
Tool: The collar shouldn't be the only method you use. We walk, hike, they run alongside when I bike. I use treats and games to teach verbal and nonverbal commands. "Exercise, disciple, then affection." My dogs have manners because I work with them consistently at every opportunity. After two years, I trust leaving my dogs off leash with plenty of distractions to tempt them. I put the collars on and often don't even use the remotes.
I've put in 1000% effort so these dogs will never see the shelter again. I've read books, watch videos, gone to classes, shelled out $$ on one-on-one sessions. It was all worth it, but the remote collar has been invaluable...as a part of an entire routine.
Most recent customer reviews
I've had 4 sportdog collars going back to my first dog years ago. The first one was a NoBark collar.Read more