Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System - Expandable..." and save 13% off the $269.95 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System or Contain + Train System - Underground Wire Dog Containment Kits with Option for Remote Trainer - Waterproof Collar with Tone/Vibration and Shock - Expandable to Multiple Dogs
- This easy-to-install containment system includes 1000 feet of 20-gauge boundary wire and 100 flags to contain up to 1 1/3 acres of land. This powerful system can be expanded to cover up to 100 acres with the purchase of additional SDF-WF Wire & Flag Kits
- The included, waterproof Collar Receiver sends a tone and vibration as your dog approaches the boundary, and moves to one of 4 static correction levels that you select, based on your dog’s temperament
- The wall-mountable Fence Transmitter features a built-in lightening protector to help avoid damage from lightning strike or power surge, as well as a wire break alarm to alert of a break or cut in the underground wire
- This hidden fence can be expanded to contain an unlimited number of dogs with the purchase of additional SDF-R Add-A-Dog Collars. The Collar Receivers fit any small, medium, large, or extra large sized dog over 10 pounds
- The Collar Receiver features a low battery indicator so you know when to change the battery and an Anti-Linger feature to prevent your dog from running the battery down by standing in the warning zone. It takes a standard 9-volt battery that lasts 6-12 months
- The detailed operating guide, training DVD, and a locally based Customer Care Center, available 6 days a week, provide support when you need it
- By designing our products in the field, with heat, cold, rain, snow, dust, mud, and wind in mind, SportDOG Brand has become the most recognized brand in the electronic tracking and training categories, making the promise to always create "Gear The Way You'd Design It"
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Gear The Way You'd Design It
That’s not some marketing mumbo jumbo written by a bunch of suits. We really are just like you and your buddies: Obsessed with dogs and hunting. And like you, we spend as much time as possible walking the prairie, roaming the woods, or searching the sky from a waterfowl blind.
About The SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence
The SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System is a simple and cost-effective alternative to a traditional fence. 1,000 feet of wire, 100 flags, 1 Transmitter, and 1 Collar Receiver are included, to keep your dog contained in a yard up to 1 1/3 acres. The Transmitter is powerful enough to cover up to 100 acres of land with purchase of additional Wire and Flag Kits (SDF-WF), and you can add an unlimited number of dogs with the purchase of additional Add-A-Dog Collar Receivers (SDF-R). Safe and effective for dogs over 10 pounds, the Collar Receiver offers 4 levels of static stimulation to match any dog's temperament, as well as vibration/tone.
- 4 levels of static stimulation to match any dog's temperament
- Covers 1 1/3 acres with included boundary wire and flags
- Expands to 100 acres with purchase of additional Wire and Flag Kits (SDF-WF)
- Waterproof Collar Receiver
- Expands to any number of dogs with purchase of extra Collar Receivers (SDF-R)
- Built-in lightning protection
- Anti-linger feature prevents dog(s) from running battery down
- Wire break alarm on transmitter
- For dogs 10 pounds or larger
- Replaceable 9-volt battery lasts 6-12 months
How It Works
The SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence System has been proven safe, comfortable, and effective for dogs over 10 pounds.
Installation is as simple as burying the wire around the perimeter of your yard and plugging in the transmitter.
The system works by producing a radio signal from the Fence Transmitter through the Boundary Wire. The Boundary Wire is buried or attached to a fixed object to enclose the dog's Boundary Area. You temporarily define the Boundary Area with Boundary Flags for a visual aid in training your dog.
Your dog wears a Collar Receiver with Contact Points that touch his neck and, once trained, is allowed to roam freely in the Boundary Area. When your dog reaches the Warning Zone, the Collar Receiver gives a warning beep. If your dog continues into the Stimulation Zone, a safe stimulation will be delivered through the Contact Points to get his attention until he returns to the boundary area.
- Collar Receiver on 1 Inch Black Collar Strap
- 1,000 Feet of 20-gauge Wire (Covers 1 1/3 Acres)
- 100 Flags
- Transmitter Charging Adaptor
- Operating Guide With Training Tips
The SportDOG Brand In-Ground Fence system is a simple and cost-effective alternative to a traditional fence. 1,000 feet of wire, 100 flags, 1 Transmitter, and 1 Collar Receiver are included to keep your dog contained in a yard up to 1 1/3 acres.
Style: Containment System
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Amazon.com||Consumer Supplies Direct||Consumer Supplies Direct||Amazon.com|
|Color||Wire-break alarm on transmitter||—||Black||—||—||beige|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 6.19 x 13.06 in||4.37 x 11.97 x 6.06 in||5.5 x 5.5 x 2.75 in||—||—||14 x 16 x 4 in|
|Item Weight||10.35 lbs||4.8 lbs||2.4 lbs||—||—||—|
|Size||1 Dog System||Standard 20 Gauge Wire||500' Rolls of Wire with 2 splice tubes||1000' of eXtreme® Wire||Pro-Grade 500Ft||—|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The install of cable : Towards the front of my property, I buried 1/3 of the green cable using a metal bladed edger to make a shallow trench in the grass. Tucked in the cable the ground and secured wire with yard staples, home Depot sells them.
Marking the perimeter: I initially used the flags to mark the perimeter, but after cutting the yard days later, I realized it was going to be an eye sure seeing a line of tall grass around the perimeter of my property. Ended up using a dozen stakes that stick up a foot out of the ground and stretched orange flagging tape from stake to stake. Now I can mow. I just unhook a 40ft segment tape whenever I need to pass with my mower, then hook it back over the stake after passing.
Setting perimeter around pool: As shown in the manual, curve the cable and dont let your cable make squared off turns. It all cancel itself out. I ran the cable from my home to the pool 20 feet away, circled the pool, then twisted the cable as is stretches back to the home. I then completed the circuit and connected both ends to the power unit. That's it. Took about 6 hours to set up used all 1000ft of cable. It takes some time, but bare with me.
The collars: I have 3 dogs, so I purchased 3 collars. Also ordered rechargeable 9v batteries, so I won't need batteries for years. A bit pricey, but I just kept hoping it would all be worth it. They are a bit bulky, but my smallest dog at 12lbs is doing just fine. I tested each of the 3 collars on my arm to see how strong the shock levels were, ended up setting them to the 2nd level. Tested the stranded section going to the pool, no shock, perfect. Step towards a single stranded segment, and at about 5ft the collar starts beeping and vibrating. At about 2ft and the collar starts to give shocking pulses. At this point is tarted feeling pretty optimistic. This could work.
Training my Pups: Reading the instructions, I was dreading this part. Ended up walking each one of my dogs 1 by 1 around the perimeter, every 10-20ft, I would stop and start walking my pup to the wire fence till I heard the collar beeping.i would then stop, tell my pup "no" in a firm voice, and walk away from the fence, then praise my dog and give themselves treat. I would do that once or twice, then walk another 10ft down the perimeter and repeat the process. Sometimes I would even tap the orange tape, and say "no" as my pup looked at me. I walked the perimeter twice with each dog. After doing this with each dog, I would unleash them1 by 1. I made sure to play with them a whole lot, to make them feel like I cared, and that I wasn't just punishing them.
Conclusion: This system works!!!!! After 2 hours of training, and 2.5 weeks of being leash free, the system has been 100% effective. even with neighbors cats roaming around, squirrels running and jumping around, my pups have not left my property a single time. I still can't believe it. My oldest dog is 12 years old and very active, next pup is 10, then 8. They are all super active. They are smaller dogs, the biggest one is about 40lbs, so I can't speak for larger dogs. Reading other reviews, some dogs learn to run past the electric fence before the collar can even function. But, in my situation, I felt like my dogs don't run nearly as fast as a 70lb German Sheaphard so this wouldn't be a factor for me. Since installing this electric fence, I've had a lot more positive experiences with my pups. I catch myself playing with them more often, and really enjoying their company now that they can roam around an acre freely. Very pleased with my purchase. Like I said, I typed this on a phone, so bare with me if I made any errors within my review. I attached a picture, note all 3 dogs several feet away from the flags surrounding the pool. This is how they treat all the marked perimeter.
1. The wire certainly long enough, we got almost 2 acres
2. The system is straight forward, basic instructions and easy to follow
3. Once installed, the training only took 2 days and our dog wouldn't go near the warning area. She did get shocked once on the first day on setting #2 and that's all it took. Now, if she hears that signal, she moves (runs) back away from the wire. I will say that she is still a bit upset over the change but she'll get used too it.
1. The installation is timely. We have lawn and field mixture in the 2 acres we used and ended up buying the edger attachment for the weed whacker ($180 bucks) to drill the hole. We had two people doing the work, one edging and one burying the wire. If we had done the job by hand it would have taken DAYS to do the full 2 acres. With the tool and two people it took a full day.
2. We decided to get an new electrical outlet just for the system - the instruction said not to use it with a GFI outlet. (We purchased a 15amp outlet and that works fine) Got the surge protector as well just in case. *We placed the system out in our barn vs. putting it in the house.
3. The battery on the collar is a bit large for a dog the size (30-40lbs) of ours, it seems to obstruct her neck movement a bit.
Hope this helps!
My brother has the same system for his dogs- so it is great when we visit him we leave the collars on the dogs and they all stay in bounds.
I haven't had any skin issues with my dogs- but I do check their skin daily and take the collars off at night.