Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 30 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 32 reviews
on June 13, 2014
It's a nice bell. I would have loved it if we still lived in our former home out in the country. But now we live close into a little town and we can't let our dogs roam like they used to, so the bell is a little loud for close quarters. But it IS called a 'sports' bell--not a 'walk into a busy little tourist town' bell. So it's a great bell for the dog who can run in the country.
on May 4, 2014
We bought this for taking our greyhound/border collie mix out on hikes off leash. Our hikes have gone from anxiety provoking (he could be gone in a flash) to enjoyable (now we can tell when he is drifting off and call him back). The sound carries, the size is perfect for a mid sized dog that loves to run, and you even get a bit of the doppler effect as he comes zooming by. Previously we had tried a cow bell (too big, interfered with running) and art store bell (too quiet to carry well when he ran off after an interesting smell). This was just right.
on April 18, 2014
I put this on my young monster to scare away the deer and other things while he's running around the cabin. I was using velco attached bear bells, but this is way better. Funny he didn't like it off the start but then gave into sounding like a cow in switzerland. I like it because the collar threads through it so unless it breaks it's not coming off.

Bigger than you think. It would be funny on a tiny dog.
on February 8, 2015
Great little bell, we have these hanging from the back of our mountain bike seats, gives off nice alert to others on trail without having to use your finger which is usually the case with bike bells and can be tricky when on downhill or technical sections. Tone is of medium sound, not too high pitched, not too loud either, love it!
on March 8, 2013
I have two 65+ lb boxers whom I take to the park at sunrise on weekends. Once I am sure we are alone, I unleash them to explore the wooded area and creek and can hear their whereabouts. The sound is exactly the right pitch and the bell is the perfect size, weight and easily slips on a 1" collar. We have only had these for a couple of weeks and again only use them on our adventures to the park. Great quality, very well put together and sturdy. Highly recommend!
on July 7, 2016
I attached this to the front door doorknob so the dog can let me know when she has to go out. It's also portable, so when we stay the night somewhere else, it's easy to set up for her.
on January 12, 2014
This bell is loud enough for you to be able to locate your dog in heavy cover. The strap is sturdy enough so you won't lose it.
on January 27, 2015
This bell works great and can be heard from a fairly long distance. Be aware that they are just copper plated and can be scuffed down to the raw metal. I have only noticed this inside the bell itself from all of the ringing that my hunting dog has done.
on December 16, 2010
I use a bell to keep track of my dog's location when we are hiking in the woods. This one works well. The motion of him walking makes it jangle, and it is reasonably loud.

Calling it "copper plated" is a bit of a stretch. It looks more like copper-colored paint to me.

I've bought a number of bells that all look like this. The problem is that they don't last. The top loop is not securely welded to the bell body. After 6-9 months, it separates, and the bell quits working. For a $10 bell, it isn't that big of a deal, but it is frustrating that the company can't just weld it correctly and make a bell that lasts forever.
on November 9, 2016
Nice and loud, so I know when my lab goes on point.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question