|Item Weight||28 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||62.5 x 19 x 39 inches|
|Item model number||SR7018|
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Manufacturer Part Number||SR7018|
|OEM Part Number||SR7018|
|Cover Included||Roof Box|
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
SportRack Vista XL Rear Opening Cargo Box (Black, 18 Cubic Feet)
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- Fits SportRack Roof Rack Systems, square, round and most factory racks (Check fit guide)
- Tool-free mounting hardware for easy installation and removal included
- Rear opening for easy access away from traffic includes a key lock to secure contents in the box
- ABS construction that is durable and UV-resistant; Easy to clean with mild soap and water
- Min-Max Crossbars Spacing : 23 5/8" - 29 3/4"; Max Weight Capacity: 100 pounds
- Dimensions (HxLxW): 19 x 63 x 38 inches
Frequently bought together
Featured items you may like
More items to explore
Compare with similar items
JEGS 90098 Rooftop Cargo Carrier | 18 cu. ft | Waterproof | Made in USA
Goplus Cargo Box, Waterproof Rooftop Cargo Carrier, Heavy Duty Roof Storage Box, 14 Cubic Feet (Black)
Thule Pulse Rooftop Cargo Box, Alpine, Black, Model:613
|Sold By||Amazon.com||JEGS||Super buy||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||62.50 x 19.00 x 39.00 inches||57.50 x 13.75 x 38.50 inches||63.00 x 31.00 x 15.00 inches||0.00 x 0.00 x 0.00 inches|
|Item Weight||28.00 lbs||35.00 lbs||25.00 lbs||30.00 lbs|
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
Only ship to 48 CON U.S. states.
From the Manufacturer
Extra Large Rooftop Storage Capacity That Is Versatile and Safe
The SportRack SR7018 Vista XL is a spacious, but aerodynamic rooftop cargo box that provides 18 cubic feet of waterproof storage space atop virtually any roof rack. Compatible rack configurations include: all SportRack roof rack systems, square, round and most factory racks. The angled contours of the box help it to cut quietly through the air when the vehicle is in motion, and its durable ABS plastic construction keeps stowed gear dry, as well as provides resistance to impact strikes, and UV rays.
Installation and Removal In Minutes
Designed for virtual tool-free installation in minutes, the SportRack Vista Cargo Box easily attaches to rack system cross bars using simple U-bolts. Once the box is positioned in the appropriate spot atop rack loadbars, U-bolts are inserted from below and around the bars, and into the interior of the box. Quick release hardware attaches to the threads of the U-bolts, holding the box securely in position. Included vinyl hole covers keep the interior of the box and its contents dry, regardless of the weather outside.
Safe and Secure Rear Facing Lid
Whether on the road or in the campground, concern over adjacent traffic is always a consideration when accessing a cargo box with a side opening lid. The SportRack SR7018 Vista XL puts users minds at ease through its rear-oriented lid opening, which also allows you to use your rear bumper as a step to reach items. The lid automatically stays open for ease of use, and when closed overlays the lower section of the box, creating a waterproof seal. The box also has a lock cylinder integrated at the rear opening to secure box contents and lock the box to your roof rack.
- ABS construction that is durable and UV-resistant
- Rear lid opening for easy and safe access to cargo, away from traffic
- Quick release hardware mounting system for quick on/off
- Includes lock to secure contents in the box
- Fits SportRack roof rack systems, square, round and most factory racks
- Carrying capacity - 18 cubic feet
- Construction ABS plastic
- Weight capacity - 100 lb.
- Dimensions - 64.17" (l) x 40" (w) x 18.89" (h)
- Lid opening - Rear
- Locking functionality - Lock cylinder integrated into cargo box
- Minimum loadbar spread - 23-5/8"
- Colors - Black
- Rack compatibility - Fits SportRack roof rack systems, square, round and most factory racks
Limited Lifetime Warranty
SportRack warrants all SportRack brand car rack systems and its accessories manufactured by SportRack during the time that an original retail purchaser owns the product for the life of the product. This warranty terminates if a purchaser transfers the product to any other person. No warranty is given for defects caused by normal wear and tear, cosmetic rust, scratches, accidents, unlawful vehicle operation, or modification of, or any types of repair of a load carrier system other than those authorized by SportRack.
SportRack is a member of the Thule Group of companies. Located in Granby, Quebec, Canada, SportRack began manufacturing ski racks in 1980 for the mass automotive retail industry. The focus on "easy-on/easy-off" products has continued to this day, and now includes a vast array of multi-sport roof rack systems and accessories, hitch-mounted products, cargo boxes, and trunk-mounted racks.
From the manufacturer
ABS construction that is durable and UV- resistant.
Rear Opening for easy access away from traffic. Includes lock to secure contents in the box.
Easy Installation and Removal
Quick release hardware mounting system for quick on/off.
Fits SportRack Roof Rack Systems, square, round and most factory racks.
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It came totally assembled in one big box. The shell itself is not that heavy, I got it on my Pilot by myself (empty of course). It was easy to secure the shell to the roof rack with the provided hardware.
We got up to 90 mph for a good stretch in TX and there were no issues. Some reviews say they heard a whistling when they got up to 80 mph or so, but we had no issues whatsoever.
It even fit up in my attic, just barely, and I have a pretty small opening in my garage with a ladder.
Please click Yes below if you found this review helpful. Thanks!
This unit installs and removes in about 5 minutes. I attached it to the factory rack on my 2007 Chrysler minivan. As you can see in the pictures it was wide enough for my golf clubs and a large suitcase. It was wide and tall enough for a few additional bags. The rear loading is a bit more difficult than side loaders, but I don't feel like this is a problem.
On the highway I could only "feel" the carrier when behind the turbulence of large trucks. It made the car feel just a bit more wobbly than normal.
During this trip we had a torrential thunderstorm that lasted over an hour along with a lot smaller showers. The carrier did have a few drops of water when I unpacked, I took a picture so you can see how little water it was. Bags weren't wet though so it was just a tiny bit. The carrier ships with some small hole covers for the unused holes on the bottom, some of these came loose and I think that was the source of the water. For my next use in a few weeks I will likely use some black duct tape.
1. It's huge: After owning a GTI hatchback and a 140lb dog, I've become a master at packing the car for road trips while leaving plenty of room for the dog. It used to take me about an hour to squish, cram and smash our luggage, presents, coolers, etc. while leaving plenty of room for the dog. Now that is no longer the case. The Vista SportRack seems to hold double what I was previously able to fit in the car. It's like a black hole of space.
2. Ease of use: Mounting was incredibly easy (more on that later) and the locking mechanism and arms that keep it in the open position work fantastic. It's also very light which makes removing it a snap. I'm not a fan of leaving the cargo rack on when not needed so I was excited to be able to remove the unit and store it in under 5 minutes.
3. Price: Hands down, the best price you will find on a cargo rack of this size and quality. I was initially shopping at REI for a cargo rack and was looking at brands 2-3 times the price of the Vista. Some of them were shiny and some of them were side loaders which I initially wanted but nothing warranted the price they were going for.
4. Rear loading: If you're like me and you were hesitant to purchase this because of the rear-loading then let me put your mind at ease. Yes, it's more difficult (even with a small hatchback) to load the box, HOWEVER, when going 80mph down the highway you can rest your mind knowing that the wind alone will keep this box shut if your lock somehow failed or you accidentally forgot to lock it (almost impossible with the caution strip they provide). All I could think about on my first trip was how happy I was that I didn't get a side loading unit and stress about box flying open in the wind. I will say that if you constantly get in and out of your cargo box for work or kids supplies then you may still want to consider a side-loader.
Now for the only con: The rack comes with 4 u-bolts that go around your existing roof rack. Unfortunately on a GTI the racks are fairly thick and while the u-bolts were long enough to go up into the box, the plastic knob/nuts they provided were not able to grab the little bit of threads that were exposed. For some reason, the nuts inside the plastic knobs are about 1/4" recessed which was definitely a bad design on their part. I unfortunately had to shoot down to Ace and buy some locking wing-nut screws which worked out great. It still allows me to put the box on without tools but it would have been nice to not spend the extra money/time.
So, if you're listing SportRack, you should provide two sets of u-bolts (one short and one long) or fix the design of your knob/nuts so the threads are at the bottom.
So why do they still get a 5-star? The price... Even with the trip to Ace and the $3 wing nuts, I received a cargo box that's huge, great quality and 1/3 the price of the fancy brands.
** edit for an update ** We took another road trip a few weeks later and drove around 2800 miles. Once again this carrier did great, including trudging through 5 monsoons in Arizona & New Mexico, one of which was the heaviest rain I had ever driven in. Only a tiny amount of water came through the open bottom holes, which is easily remedied with some tape but this was an extraordinary amount of rain. So nice not having to load up more inside the car.
**edit new update 1/2019** Drove 4200+ miles Summer 2018 and this thing did great. It just keeps on truckin'.
Box was delivered fine (by frieght) and I had to have an appointment for the delivery. Price was excellent (and free shipping!). A few observations after having just installed:
1. Lock looks kind of cheapest. We will see how it performs.
2. Box open from rear. No problems with that.
3. The U bolts go on fine and the twist handles seem kind of cheapish so I hope they hold it down.
4. Box holds lots. I fit two snowboards (mens 154, women's 145).....it could fit another one also! I also put my old 160 snowboard in there And it fits at a slight angle (it is not straight in the box). Also can fit 2 sets of kids skis. Basically I think this box could easily hold 4 snowboards plus gear. Again, anything past like a 158 or 159 snowboard may not fit straight (but will fit at angle).
So far the box looks good and I will update review later.
Top international reviews
My biggest complaint was with the shipping CEVA tracking sucks it took 10 days to travel 120 KM and get delivered 6 days past the projected delivery date, if it had arrived by the projected delivery date I could have used it for its intended purpose but it wasn't here in time.