|Price:||$185.00 - $345.27|
|Fits as expected||
- UNIVERSAL PERFORMANCE - Ideal for every type of climbing, the Katana Lace overperforms from the gym to the boulders and craggs
- ADVANCED EDGING - Vibram XS Edge compound allows you to focus your weight on the tiniest of foot holds; PD75 last means a pointed & downturned shape for proper weight distribution and support while edging
- PRECISION & SENSITIVITY - The medium-asymmetrical toebox allows for great precision & sensitivity; It's aggressive enough for steeper pitches where edging is key, comfortable enough for gym wear, and super-sticky for smearing
- QUALITY BUILD - Leather / Lorica upper and Pacific lined forefoot keep the fit tight yet comfortable; The 1.1mm Laspo flex midsole combined with P3 patented technology provides solid support even after years of hard use
- TIPS FOR BUYING - Reference the La Sportiva size chart in the product images; The Katana has a medium interior volume, designed for feet with a medium instep circumference, medium joint circumference, and small-volume heels; For a snug fit, buy 0.5-1 US sizes smaller than your regular shoe size
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
One of the most versatile shoes in the La Sportiva catalogue, the Katana Lace is a time-tested multi-pitch hero. The medium asymmetry and Vibram XS Edge allows reliable grips on the tiniest of holds, and the ever-sticky Frixion sole compound is perfect for smearing and crack climbing. It features La Sportiva's signature P3 Permanent Power Platform that guarantees the down-turned shape even after years of heavy use. If you're looking for one shoe that does it all, the Katana Lace will never disappoint.
- Product Dimensions: 5 x 8 x 14 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B007KGBHJA
- Item model number: 800
- Date first listed on Amazon: January 12, 2004
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Something I learned about climbing shoes, sizing isn't just about length but foot volume. In-general, if you have a low-volume foot you'll likely want to size down. If you have a high-volume foot, it'll fit true to size. I'm a 10.5D in brannock and a 11D in mot athletic shoes. This fits perfectly in a size 44.
It's lined and made from synthetic leather which means it'll stretch very little. (Unlined shoes made from natural leather will stretch a lot by comparison). You'll want it to fit comfortably when you try it on.
The shoe itself is excellent all-around but best on tiny edges and crack climbing. Most boulderers prefer a less-structured and more agile shoe.
I couldn't go half a size down, because I would die, so laces compensate for that a little bit. I am going to use them only for sport climbing now, where I didn't get to too many heel hooks level yet. The shoes helped me to improve my feet placement precision a lot.
I gave 4 stars because the shoes wouldn't stretch enouph in my toe box so I couldn't go a half size down. I also have a bit trouble smearing, they are not very flexible, but it's a very minor issue. The shoes weren't obviously intended to do a lot of smearing.
For the first 2 weeks, I could really only wear these for half an hour before my feet would hurt. A month later and they've stretched *slightly* so I'm comfortable in them between 1 - 1.5 hours.
Ultimately, the shoes are just a tad too narrow for my foot. I think I'd be able to wear them all day if it weren't for that. Oh well.
The fit is snug, but it's surprisingly soft and comfortable inside. Really surprised me there.
Just for reference: I usually wear a 9 US in street shoes. I tried both the 41.5 and the 41 in the Katana Lace and decided to go for the 41 because I already have a pair of super comfortable all day climbing shoes and wanted something ever so slightly more aggressive. Any smaller would have been way too tight (for me).