La Sportiva Men's Akasha Trail Running Shoe
|Price:||$75.95 - $239.11|
- HIGH CUSHION TRAIL ROCKER sole provides a smooth heel toe transition and comfort on rugged trails, steep terrain and long runs for backcountry racing, trail runs and ultra-marathons
- HIGHLY BREATHABLE well-vented AirMesh fabrics wick sweat on hot days to control moisture and keep feet cool, comfortable and blister free; Quick drying fabrics and reinforced uppers are ultralight
- DURABLE REINFORCED uppers and toe cap protect your foot to prevent blowouts even after miles of abuse on the most demanding hikes, trail runs, training runs or high mileage races
- HIGH GRIP TRACTION from soft Frixion XT rubber outsole stays grippy even on wet rocks, roots or trail running in the rain; Impact Brake System provides confidence on steep descents and tight trails
- STABILITY AND SUPPORT from high cushioned sole gives you a stable platform on flat rolling trails yet nimble enough for technical terrain, mountain running, steep ascents and high alpine runs
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The Akasha Men's Trail running shoe is La Sportiva's answer to demand for a high cushion, rockered backcountry shoe. Designed for really putting on the miles without beating up your feet in the process. Lightweight materials make this shoe surprisingly nimble for such a comfortable ride, while the sticky Frixion XT outsole steps up when the trails get steep, wet or both. La Sportiva's Trail Rocker sole, with its 6mm heel-to-toe drop, provides a super smooth transition, making it a favorite among long distance trail runners and hikers who like an extremely comfortable, high cushion shoe.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
The midsole has performed admirably as well, but the ride of the Akasha can best be described as slightly harsh. The firm dual injected MEMIex midsole is perfect for hiking and backpacking, but I found it to be a bit too stiff for longer trail runs. I noticed this when I first started wearing the Akasha, and figured they just needed to be broken in a bit. Even after passing the 100 mile mark, the Akasha midsole still lacks in forgiveness. I really like that stable and responsive ride for long hikes and days were I have a heavy backpack. If you’re looking at the midsole stack height of the Akasha and think it can replace a Hoka shoe in your lineup, think again. This works for me, as I find Hoka’s to be way too soft and unstable to take out on the trails. Just know what you’re getting with the dual injected MEMIex midsole of the Akasha.
The performance of the Akasha upper has been admirable in temperatures under 80 degrees. There is a lot of material on the Akasha upper. I love the support and protection that this shoe offers, but the tradeoff comes with a lack of breathability. I also found the Akasha to dry slowly and not drain water very well when submerged. This is obviously due to the amount of materials used to construct the uppers. I live in a very dry climate, so this is not really problem for me, but the heat was an issue in the summer months.
- Great cushioning;
- "Bomb-proff" protection;
- Super grippy on muddy and technical surfaces;
- Good water drainage ability;
- Satisfactory signs of wear (lugs).
- Runs small;
- Lacing system could be better;
In overall, I was very impressed with this pair of shoes.
Sizing: I would bounce between a 9.5 and 10 in Altra's. I sized up to a 10.5 (EU 43.5) and it fits perfect. I do take the insoles out of all my shoes, which provides a little more room and feel. I was worried these would be too narrow like all La Sportiva shoes. But they advertise the Akasha as having a roomy toe box. It is obviously not as roomy as a pair of Altra's, but I found it to be perfect. Enough room for all day comfort and a secure fit.
I normally wear 11 but had to go with 12. Very comfortable shoe, no hot spots at all. Great traction, nice and light. Very good breathability. Easy to wash, dries quickly.