- RIGHT FOOT FORWARD - Designed for new climbers set on improvement, the Tarantula delivers comfort, convenience, and versatility; Sticky FriXion soles grip both rock and plastic with ease; Low asymmetrical build ushers climbers from the training wall to outdoor pitches
- ADJUSTABLE CLOSURE - The Tarantula's adjustable hook-and-loop closure system is adaptable to varying foot shapes and widths; The easy-on, easy-off design means you'll spend more time climbing and less time gearing up
- COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE - The unlined leather upper is breathable and keeps your feet dry all day; With its RL 45 last, the Tarantula's shape is just aggressive enough to learn how to edge, yet offers ample interior volume for a comfortable introduction to climbing
- BUILT TO LAST - This indoor/outdoor climbing shoe is constructed from high quality materials; 1.8mm LaspoFlex at the midsole and 5mm FriXion RS at the sole make the Tarantula as stable as it is durable
- TIPS FOR BUYING - Rock climbing shoes are designed to fit differently than other footwear; Reference the La Sportiva size chart in the product images for more accurate sizing; The fit should be tight for proper sensitivity; We recommend buying 0.5 - 1 US size smaller than your street shoes
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers also viewed these products
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Your question may be answered by sellers, manufacturers, or customers who purchased this item, who are all part of the Amazon community.
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Please enter a question.
La Sportiva Tarantula Climbing Shoes Multifunctional climbing shoe ideal for beginners and instructions walls. Quick lacing velcro, standard fit. Suede Leather Upper Constructed using a suede leather upper, the La Sportiva Tarantula Climbing Shoes ensure the perfect balance of structure and stretch. Designed to provide the right amount of support for uncompromising climbs this upper ensures a glove-like fit. The fabric conforms to the shape of the foot to provide a perfect fit that minimises in shoe-slippage; because a precise fit is necessary when climbing. Added leather in the toe box ensure protection from knocks and scrapes ensuring your feet remain protected at all times whilst rubber in the back ensures your heel is always locked in place. The antiperspirant padded tongue makes shoes easier to pull on and off and eliminates creasing allowing the shoe to look newer for longer. Lastly, an innovative closure system consisting of two velcro straps that pull in the opposite direction ensure a locked-down fit for added midfoot support. LaSpoFlex Midsole The midsole of the Tarantula Climbing Shoes is low in profile to save on weight and increase underfoot feel. The Laspoflex midsole is 1.8mm thick to ensure a level of cushioning which doesn't compromise on sensitivity. The specialised midsole incorporates prehensile in the anterior to increase edging capability and sensitivity so you feel changes underfoot without experiencing discomfort. The midsole is designed to ensure added adaptability so you can tackle any climb with complete confidence. FriXion Outsole Ideal for beginners, the outsole of the Tarantula Climbing Shoes features grippy yet hardwearing FriXion RS. The 4mm outsole has been added to ensure enhanced durability and grip allowing your feet to respond to all types of terrain. This ultra sticky compound provides maximum performance as you climb from rock to rock; it is also just as sticky on plastic as it is rock allowing the shoe to be used
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 13 x 6 x 5 inches; 3 Pounds
- Item model number : 10C-KIWI-35.5
- Department : Mens
- Date First Available : August 20, 2009
- Manufacturer : LA SPORTIVA
- ASIN : B004JKWO56
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
As far as quality, I'm a new climber, but La Sportiva is pretty well known to make a good product, so I can attest that the shoes are really made quite well and you will not be disappointed.
Bottom line: Order 1 size smaller, and even then, be prepared to return them to get the right size shoe. Many people recommended visiting an REI to try them in the store, but my closest REI is 2 hours, so I winged it. Either way, you'll be happy with this shoe.
The Tarantula is an excellent shoe for Beginner - Intermediate levels. The rubber is super sticky, tuff, the shoes strong (you can feel the support), the tips is precise and offers great control, and they're pretty comfortable too. They're technical enough to not hold you back as you learn the basics and get more daring. I don't know what else to say other than they're great and that I've heard a lot of climbers say the same thing.
Shoes take time to break in because they are leather. They are perfect. Changing it to 5 stars from my original 4 stars.
Very nice shoes, but the fit is too tight. I am a 10.5 shoe size and bought a 43.5, and they kill my legs when I climb.
I say they "fit as expected" meaning that I wear a US13, and they are not too tight. I could have gone a bit smaller, because they aren't probably as tight as a climbing shoe should be, but since they're my first pair it's nice for them to not be too aggressive. I primarily climb gym/granite, and they work well for both smears and crystals.
For a beginner shoe, definitely would recommend to anyone.
Top reviews from other countries
Cuando puse la reclamacion, el vendedor me dijo que tenia que ponerme en contacto con el representante de la marca en España. Al ponerme en contacto con este, me indicaron que la garantia me la debia de facilitar el vendedor. En conclusion, una zapatillas de escalada para niños que duran dos dias y que nadie se hace responsable.
Lo positivo de esto es que es bueno saber los procedimientos de actuacion ante adquisiciones de mayor importancia.
Espero que a alguien le sea util esta informacion.
PS: occhio alle misure, consiglio vivamente di provarle in qualche modo prima di ordinarle, perché la calzata è molto personale... ordinate dopo essere sicuri della misura!