|Price:||$76.35 - $110.00 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Fits as expected||
- WELL CUSHIONED - Stable and neutral, the Wildcat is La Sportiva's most cushioned trail running shoe; Performs best in moderate to technical terrain
- SHOCK ABSORPTION - High-cushion midsole delivers all day comfort during long hikes, ultra-marathons, backcountry runs, and off road races; Nylon molded flex transfer shank and a layer of LaSpEVA provide added shock absorption for serious athletes
- LIGHTWEIGHT, BREATHABLE - Vented AirMesh uppers keep your feet cool on hot days, control moisture and prevent blisters without adding unnecessary weight to make the Wildcat an exceptional ultralight trail runner
- FULL CONTROL - Grippy FriXion AT sole with Impact Brake System and X-Axis provides traction and stability on slick trails or uneven terrain; Aggressive outsole bites into the trail while the one-piece molded lacing harness maintains a snug fit
- ANKLE SUPPORT - TPU transkinetic heel stabilizers and UreTech reinforcements provide the extra support and stability backcountry trail runners and ultralight backpackers need for high mileage days
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
La Sportiva's most cushioned trail running shoe, the original Wildcat is an ultralight all-terrain trail runner great for those looking for long distance comfort and exceptional foot protection. Extra cushioning, shock absorption and an 12mm heel-to-toe drop make for a smooth foot strike. The super grippy FriXion AT outsole with Impact Brake System and X-Axis gives these trail runners incredible control for navigating rocks, roots and steep, rugged trails. The nylon molded flex transfer shank protects your forefoot from sharp rocks and keeps pesky bruises at bay even through ultramarathons or extended thru hikes. Full mesh uppers keep these shoes surprisingly light. Overbuilt rubber toes provide durability for miles and miles of abuse.
Get away from the craze of the city with the Wildcat trail runner from La Sportiva. Designed to get you as far from civilization as possible, its aggressive tread can tackle rugged terrain while delivering a smooth, responsive ride. Ample mesh allows refreshing ventilation to help manage moisture.
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 8 x 15 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.6 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B007X9VBHC
- Item model number: Wildcat-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: January 24, 2009
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Even when running in the winter I enjoyed the Wildcat’s breathability. This also may be the feature that makes them tear easily but heat dissipation allows me to run in high-desert without feeling as if my feet were on fire.
The soles are adequately grippy on high-desert trails and I really like a narrow platform of the soles. I tried trail running shoes with the wider soles. Wider sole platform may have provided more lateral stability that would prevent rolling of an ankle but I prefer a shoe that requires me to be aware of my stride and that forces light, precise landing of my feet. I believe that it also makes my ankles stronger by providing minimal ankle lateral support.
I tried Wildcats on longer, mountain hikes with multi-day backpacks. The characteristics that make this shoe a phenomenal trail running shoe are exactly the characteristics that make it not the best choice for backpacking with medium to heavy loads on your back. After just about 15 miles of backpacking in the mountains of southwestern Colorado I was already longing for my Merrell Moab hiking shoes.
I just purchased 11th pair of La Sportiva Wildcats. Each pair lasted 400-450 miles of trail running, after which they begin to rapidly disintegrate. I get them in a size that is an exact match to my foot size, and not a millimeter longer. With its soft material that snugly wraps around your foot, any extra room would take away from the precision of this trail running shoe.
Overall verdict: as perfect as trail running shoes get.
i know well you've got to use it or lose it, so i walk despite the pain, but i'm not looking for any extra helpings from bad shoes.
most shoes are automatically out of the running (sorry for the bad pun) and you can't wear slip-ons everywhere.
the lacing on these shoes are perfect, an even lateral force with no tight spots (unless you over tighten), plus impressive ankle support.
no toe is stub-proof when you're tired, these do a great job of handling actual rough terrain, not just the park. the nicest part for me is you can go through about an inch or two of water without wet feet. great for stream beds and beaches...but rinse off the sand later. don't let it crust as it will wear the fabric