|Price:||$88.65 - $199.99 & Free Return on some sizes and colors|
|Sale:||Lower price available on select options|
|Fits as expected||
- AirMesh/Synthetic Leather/TPU Lacing Harness/TPU transkenitic Heel Stabilizer
- Rubber sole
- ALL AROUND TRAIL SHOE combines comfort, traction, fit and protection to make this a great shoe on fire roads, steep climbs, long hikes, backcountry races, trail runs and across rugged rocky terrain
- HIGHLY BREATHABLE AirMesh fabrics keep your feet cool on hot days, control moisture and prevent blisters in the heat of summer during long distance trail runs while keeping the shoe ultralight
- MEDIUM FIT makes for enhanced comfort and a sure footed stable trail shoe; 8mm heel-to-toe drop in this neutral runner provides a smooth foot strike
- VIBRAM SOLES WITH HIGH GRIP TREAD provides high traction and stability without sore feet or blisters and high durability with a limited break in period; tough reinforced toe protects against sharp rocks
- ANKLE SUPPORT from reinforced heel cup provides stability backcountry trail runners and ultralight backpackers need for high mileage days on rugged and rocky trails.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The La Sportiva Ultra Raptor is a high performance, do it all, trail running shoe for those with narrow feet. Just enough cushion, shock absorption and an 8mm heel-to-toe drop makes for a smooth foot strike and all day comfort that doesn’t quit. The super stick rubber La Sportiva is known for gives these trail runners incredible grip especially on dry rocks, roots and on rugged trails. The nylon shank protects your forefoot from sharp rocks and keeps pesky bruises at bay even during a long scramble or trip up your next peak. A narrow fit on this neutral trail running shoe means a very stable and predictable platform whether you are thru hiking the PCT or racing a backcountry 50k. Finally, breathable air mesh uppers provide awesome breathability keeping your feet dry and blister free.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 11 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 2.45 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B008R8325M
- Item model number: Ultra Raptor-M
- Date first available at Amazon.com: December 5, 2012
- Domestic Shipping: Item can be shipped within U.S.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Two minor negatives: 1) the traction is not great on wet rock or concrete. 2) the raised lugs wear quickly if you run a lot on concrete (but there is still plenty of other lugs and tread left after the primary lugs wear down).
Finding gaiters that work, fit and last is a big challenge. Any low top hiking or trail running shoe will need them so plan on spending too much for gaiters that will last only about 1 year.
Used these shoes on a trip to Zion National Park and some surrounding areas in Utah and Arizona. Great traction through the entire trip and they dried quickly after they got wet. Found them through a recommendation on a travel website, specifically recommending them for use in the famous Narrows, as the hike is mostly underwater, and these shoes dry quickly. I found that a combination of these shoes and neoprene socks (for diving) kept my feet fairly warm and dried out quickly post Narrows hike! Definitely would buy again.
The size runs bigger than other brands, in my case i've tried half a size and one size up. Definitely one size up works better in my case because in long distance running my feet normally swell a little.
The Ultra raptors compared to the raptors feel more confortable specially because they are wider and the materials in the inside are more cushy.
The sole is excellent, gives great traction and stability. In steep downhills my feet stay in their place, even when the shoes are wet, preventing blisters or hot spots.
I'm looking forwar to buy a second pair of UltraRaptors in case La Sportiva decides to discontinue this model.
I will definitelly recomend The UltraRaptor!!
I recently switched to Speedcross 3 and ........ All I can say is that I'm buying a new pair of Ultra Raptor this week.
A little heavy on the trail running shoe spectrum though but not clunky in any way. This shoe provides excelent ankle support and overall feet protection, I run on loose rocky terrain mostly.
Big strong toecap has saved me from crying multiple times, it also has a rockplate insert that provides confort on long agressive runs.
Never had a blister with this shoes even when running on the rain for 4+ hours.
Doesnt dig in the mud as well as the Salomon lineup but is still well above average.
Defenitelly recomend this to trail runners.
I was very happy with their fit and performance. Completed the trek with no blisters. They also did very well when wet and dried out quickly. I was concerned about lateral support when walking on switchbacks with the trail slanting downhill (walking the contour of the side of a mountain). They did well, though not as well as my Zamberlan 760 Steep GT Hiking Boots.
Most recent customer reviews
These are soft on the top of the foot with thicker soles that just feel empowering.Read more