|Fits as expected||
|Price:||$69.83 - $90.00|
- CLIMBING SHOE FOR BEGINNERS - Designed for new climbers, the La Sportiva Tarantula delivers comfort, convenience, and versatility; Sticky FriXion rubber grips plastic and rock equally well so you can move from the gym to the great outdoors with confidence
- ADJUSTABLE CLOSURE - The Tarantula’s fully adjustable hook-and-loop closure system readily adapts to multiple foot widths and shapes; The easy-on, easy-off design means you’ll spend more time climbing and less time gearing up
- COMFORT AND PERFORMANCE - The unlined leather upper of La Sportiva’s beginner climbing shoe is breathable and keeps your feet dry all day; The shape of the Tarantula is aggressive enough to perform when needed, yet offers more interior volume than other models to provide a comfortable introduction to climbing
- SIMPLE, FUNCTIONAL DESIGN - The classic, lightweight construction of the Tarantula gets the job done for rock climbers looking to learn the basics on and off the instruction wall; Asymmetrical design spurs you onto more advanced routes at a faster pace
- BUILT TO LAST - This all-terrain performance climbing shoe is constructed from high quality materials; 1.8mm LaspoFlex at the midsole and 5mm FriXion RS at the sole make the Tarantula as stable as it is durable
Customers who bought this item also bought
The La Sportiva Tarantula Climbing Shoe is an excellent all-around beginner’s shoe for men and women who want to learn to rock climb. Easy on and easy off, an adjustable hook-and-loop closure system lets entry level climbers focus on improving skills and overall performance, instead of fussing with complicated gear. The unlined leather upper is excellent for moisture management and super comfortable for all day adventures. Long-lasting, extra grippy FriXion rubber soles grab onto rock and plastic or other synthetic holds with ease, which means new climbers can move from the instruction wall to outdoor pitches with confidence. The low asymmetry of the Tarantula helps beginning climbers push the grades at a faster pace without compromising comfort. A rounded shape with higher volume won’t strangle feet and offers just enough tactical performance to allow beginners to push their limits as they master new skills
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 8 x 14 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.9 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B004P8FVRK
- Item model number: 10C
- Date first available at Amazon.com: February 9, 2011
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
The Tarantula is an excellent shoe for Beginner - Intermediate levels. The rubber is super sticky, tuff, the shoes strong (you can feel the support), the tips is precise and offers great control, and they're pretty comfortable too. They're technical enough to not hold you back as you learn the basics and get more daring. I don't know what else to say other than they're great and that I've heard a lot of climbers say the same thing.
I say they "fit as expected" meaning that I wear a US13, and they are not too tight. I could have gone a bit smaller, because they aren't probably as tight as a climbing shoe should be, but since they're my first pair it's nice for them to not be too aggressive. I primarily climb gym/granite, and they work well for both smears and crystals.
For a beginner shoe, definitely would recommend to anyone.