Salon Beauty Kindle 10th Anniversary Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited $69.99 Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy The Walking Dead season 8 available to buy  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on April 15, 2016
I don't know why so many people are complaining about this product- this is my third bottle, I buy a new one every few years. I love this thing- unless you are 105 years old, you shouldn't have any problems "sucking water through a straw". It is super accurate- and I've NEVER had a problem with it resetting. Maybe because I make sure not to get the battery compartment wet in any way..... I'm a personal trainer and have had a few people buy them after seeing mine, and no complaints that I know of. The price has gone down over the years- and at $20 it is a steal. Feel free to ask any questions and I would be happy to answer them!!!
on September 23, 2015
If I could give this more stars I would!! I almost didn't purchase this because of the poor reviews. I'm SO glad I ignored them and ordered it anyway! In the past, no matter what I did, I just couldn't remember to drink enough water! Most days I would drink little to none :(. I happened to read a magazine article that mentioned this product and I was curious. I'm so glad I purchased this! I've had it for a little over a week and have NO complaints. In response to the people that said it isn't accurate--I tested this with pre-measured water and it was spot on! I'm sure there may be occasions that it varies by an ounce or two but does that really matter? I haven't had any problems with having to reset the counter, or with it shutting off. It was simple to set up. I know others felt that a lot of effort was needed to suck the water through the mouthpiece but I definitely disagree! It takes no more effort than a Camelbak bottle. I have now been drinking an average of 80-100 oz of water daily (my recommended intake is 60 oz!) All of my co-workers want one now!
11 comment| 71 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 12, 2014
Simply not reliable. I resisted for months buying this product. Got a little bit of extra cash and splurged. Thinking this would be a good investment---NOT! It is inaccurate and the calculation are no longer registering after just a few days of use. Not happy at all with this purchase.

**UPDATE THIS PRODUCT IS HORRIBLE! STILL CAN"T BELIEVE HOW USELESS IT IS!
on February 13, 2017
doesn't work. I've tried every way I can to hold my teeth right to get the water to flow through the straw and register on the monitor. IT DOESN"T REGISTER THE WATER THAT I AM DRINKING. Their "excuse" (if you will) is that you have to use the straw properly in order for it to register. Well it is too ridiculous to every try. If I could I would return it but I threw the shipping material away. IT'S CRAP. Even if it does register some (and you add the extra amount on your own records) the "reset" button requires you to constantly be sure that it has been set and reset, set and reset. It doesn't automatically reset on its on at 24 hours (like it said). DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY.
on July 5, 2016
Love this bottle! It measures water consumption with reasonable accuracy. Contrary to many reviews I read, it is not difficult to drink from at all. You need to gently bite the tip of the silicone straw. As long as you follow directions and do this, it is no different than any straw. I had another bottle that beeped if you didn't drink for an hour. (but it was WAY off on accuracy and I returned it). I wish this bottle would remind me to drink if I don't touch it for an hour, but other than that, it is amazing!!
on September 26, 2014
Pretty solid product. When it's working, it seems to measure consumption pretty accurately.

The biggest issue is that it loves to reset itself. I spent the first few days with the product re- and re-re-re-configuring the setup as it would lose it's memory at the drop of a hat and go back to factory settings.

I finally had a theory that maybe the battery was popping out. So I took some of that hard clear plastic wrapping that everything comes in these days and cut out a few battery-sized circles. I placed them between the battery and the back plate that's supposed to hold the battery in place.

Ever since I did that, the resets have stopped. Really though, the product design shouldn't have necessitated that level of MacGyverism. I see other reviews complaining about this problem and I think that the company would do well to address this issue with the design.

The bottle is also a bit inconvenient to clean. It's not dishwasher safe and has a lot of places for things to get stuck.

A larger size would also be nice. I understand that the size it is now is convenient for cup holders and such, but the point of the exercise is to increase water consumption. If you drink any decent amount of water, you'll be refilling this puppy many times a day.

Overall it's a cool idea, 3 stars just because the battery problem seems to be affecting a lot of people and should really be resolved.
on October 20, 2016
I bought this for a Christmas gift for my sister. Although the idea of the device sounds interesting, we found that the follow-through on this item was non-workable. If you need a device like this to keep you motivated, then you might as well forget it. My sister only used it once, I think. Also, it was cumbersome to clean, but the battery-operated part did come apart well to clean. The product did function as promised and for 26.00, I had to try it.
on January 6, 2017
I totally wasted my money. All of the reviews on here are right.
#1 - the sucking makes my throat hurt. To get an accurate count, you need to suck really hard to make a mechanism spin. When you hear it spin, it's counting. But you have to suck really hard. I drank about a 3rd of the 22oz bottle and it says I only drank 3oz. Def not right. Since this was pricy, I put it away for a few months and just pulled it out again to give it a second chance. Same results as before.
#2 - has odd taste when new (even after washing and soaking in baking soda) and then molds very quickly. I left water in for 3 days and it's permenantly moldy. I soaked and washed and scrubbed with everything on the internet (soap, vinegar, baking soda, etc) and still has that smell. I can't get rid of it. I have other water bottles that I leave water in for a week and doesn't get moldy. This one you have to drain every night to air out.
#3 price. It's expensive!! I just bought a contigo water bottle 24 oz that has markers on the side so you know how much you drank for only $8. Compared to this one! Plus it has a spill proof lock on it, which leads me to my next point....
#4 it spills. They say it doesn't, but it does. In my purse with diapers and wipes and wallet and coupons, it's spills! It leaks out of the mouth piece when pushed on. Plus there is nothing guarding the mouth piece from dust or dirt. (Once again.. contigo water bottle does!! Lol)
#5 did I mention it hurts my throat from the sucking?!?

Bottom line, don't waste your money. I will be throwing away my hydrocoach bc it's not worth it.
on July 21, 2014
If you have a problem remembering how much water you have consumed, or even to drink your water, this is the water bottle for you, I enjoyed seeing how much water I drank and looked forward to using it.
on May 28, 2015
This is an amazing product. It works just as described. Once you set up the display once, you just have to remember to hit the reset button so the 24 hour clock starts again and remember to hit the start button. It took a couple of days to remember to hit the start button and didn't realize it until I refilled the container and the count was still at zero. I have not had any technical issues like the other reviews have stated. This has definitely helped me increase my water intake each day. The only con is I wish the bottle was a little larger as I find myself refilling pretty frequently. Great product and definitely recommend.